• 143 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3478 Players Online
  • 3335 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Add a "Photography" Category to the Forums.

Discussion in 'Website Ideas' started by le Brownie, Sep 23, 2021.

?

Should this be added / Is this a good idea?

1. Yes.

77.8%
  2. I don't know / Im not sure.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No.

22.2%
  1. Hello

I find my self posting a LOT of photography on the forums, and I think it's safe to say a lot of other people as well post photography. I've started to see just how much Im clogging up the Off-Topic & Arts-&-banners-showcase categories with my threads on my photography, I wish there was a more suitable or appropriate place to post your photography, I would be more happy if there was a Photography category because then I know i wouldn't really be annoying anybody (Or in anyway breaking rules) by just overloading Off-Topic & Arts-&-banners-showcase categories.. and personally i think it would benefit a lot of others as well and generally / overall improve the forums

with all this being said My suggestion for a forum's update is that a Photography category could be added. ❤

Posted Sep 23, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  2. could be useful, this 2ay if you post a photography thread you don't have to go through a bunch of other things to find it

Posted Sep 23, 2021
    le Brownie likes this.
  3. the arts and banner showcase category is there so it can be "clogged"
    if it wasn't meant to be posted on a lot it wouldn't exist
    photography is art
    photography fits perfectly in this section

and if u really feel bad about "clogging" the channel
    u could always post less often
    or create larger threads

also what about drawings
    people (mainly arrow, but people) post lots of drawings
    so should there be a specific category for drawings?
    no. read above

just my opinion but i personally think it's very unnecessary

Posted Sep 23, 2021
  4. This made me think about something...
    Why is it arts & banner showcase?
    If i took a picture of a banner in minecrwft, would that be suitable for here?

Posted Sep 23, 2021
    le Brownie likes this.
    Posted Sep 23, 2021
    le Brownie likes this.
  6. Hm alright, just from seeing what wanderer said since photography is a part of arts-banners showcase then i guess theres not a purpose of adding a different category for photos

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  7. -Thread Moved to Website Feedback-

Seeing how this is a Website suggestion, I went ahead and moved your thread to the Website Feedback Sub-Forum. Thank you for taking the time to make this thread and or course, for sharing your suggestion! I personally agree with Anna's standpoint on your idea. I would agree that a whole sub-forum just dedicated for Photography is probably unnecessary. While I understand where you're coming from and your concern for posting so much, I would personally recommend making an Album/Showcase, where you update your photography regularly with new content within one thread, if you're concerned with "over-posting." This is an effective way of making a showcase without posting several threads or "over-clogging." I also feel that the term Art is very broad, as you can see in Arts and Banner Guidelines thread. For that reason, I disagree with making a whole sub-forum just for photography. Thank you again for sharing your idea though!

Posted Sep 23, 2021
    le Brownie and anna dot like this.
  8. you're welcome and my opinions have been changed hence I agree with you & anna :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  9. its a good idea, another one would be "rants" that clogs up all forum pages, they gonna post it anyway so why not make a place for it

Posted Sep 24, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  10. Thats just called walls

Posted Sep 24, 2021
  11. ah yes lol i forgot about that

Posted Sep 24, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  12. I personally love the idea of seeing more photography shared on the forums, however I'm in agreement with a lot of people who have already commented on this thread and don't think a category for strictly photography is needed. Since there are multiple sub forums you could share it in without it breaking any rules I find it unnecessary to add a subform for a topic that sadly only a couple people would probably post in consistently. Love the idea, but don't think it's really needed :)

Posted Sep 25, 2021
  13. This would be an amazing contribution to the forums and it would always be nice to see some more creativity.
    However, as stated above there are a lot of forums that are catered towards things that photography would fall under already!

+1

Posted Sep 26, 2021