• 961 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6429 Players Online
  • 5468 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Add a night time pref to the Hub

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by GothamCityProtector, May 5, 2021.

1. well all of my time playing MIneplex I noticed that it has always been day time in the lobbies and never nighttime except for certain events. I was wondering if they could add a nightime feature to /prefs to make the lobbies night cause having it always daytime seems boring at this point. I would like to see this implemented.

Posted May 5, 2021
    siee, Da_One and outlloved like this.
  2. I really like this idea, personally. It would add something new to the hub and just be a nice feature that people could choose to toggle on or off when they choose. +1

Posted May 5, 2021
  3. a day/night cycle would be nice

Posted May 5, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  4. I like the day/night cycle mentioned above but that’s would interfere with timezones so a preference option sounds really interesting, actually. It would also be possible to create, and sounds like a really nice have thing for Mineplex! Especially to those that spend a lot of time in the hub at night and would rather not be blinded. :))

Posted May 5, 2021
    Fusafez and Hubble like this.
  5. Hey!
    I actually really like this idea and it would be really cool to see implemented. Rather than having a day/night cycle, I would rather have it as a preference, that way it can be like another fun little thing to play around with! I usually spend most of my time in the Lobby so I would have to give this a +1.

Posted May 5, 2021
    Hubble and NuclearLFA like this.
  6. Is it possible for players in the same world to be in different times?

Posted May 5, 2021
    Hubble likes this.
  7. On the wonderful, amazing, incredible, and uncontested best client hands down Lunar Client, there is a client-side time changer mod Built into the GUI. Sucks that it's a blocked client though XDDDD

Posted May 5, 2021
  8. Yep, we can do that :)

Posted May 5, 2021
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  9. PheonixSky yes you would be able to play at different times cause having the ability to change between day and night in prefs wouldn't affect the in game or real time you can be in the same lobby one of you could be playing in day and the other night.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 5, 2021
  10. Hello!

I think this is a great QoL thing that would fit perfectly into /prefs for lobbies. A change of scenery can always be nice, even if it is just the time of day in-game. I was wondering if you think this should be carried over into game waiting lobbies and game lobbies themselves, or just the normal lobbies. I think the option would be best for normal lobbies, and I imagine that is what the idea is suggesting.

Posted May 14, 2021
  11. Hi there @GothamCityProtector! First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and suggest this idea! As many others have expressed above in their responses, I personally would like to see this implemented! This is a QoL preference that I'm sure most players would enjoy seeing to further customize their lobby experience. Albeit, to my knowledge, this preference/setting is already available in a majority of the clients used on Mineplex. However, I think adding this would still be a benefit for players who may not be using a client with a time changing feature. Great idea suggestion, and again, I hope to see this implemented! +1

Posted May 14, 2021
  12. Hello there, I would like to provide my opinion on this matter!
    I personally think that it is a great idea and that, even though it is not something that is considered major or urgent, it would be a great addition to the server and that it would improve the overall quality of the experience that users have on the network.
    Despite the fact that there are a lot of Mineplex approved mods and clients that have this option, I think that this would still be a useful addition if we keep in mind that not everyone plays Mineplex on such a mod/client.
    Most of the people I spend time with on Mineplex play only on Optifine, in fact.
    I do not know much about coding, however, I assume this would not take a significant amount of time to implement and that it would make the server an even more awesome place than it already is.
    Little changes make a significant difference eventually, I would love to see this implemented.
    Thank you for suggesting this, I definitely agree with the idea and I am giving this suggestion a +1!

Posted May 15, 2021
  13. Hey! Thank you for suggesting this idea! I like this, because it would bring a nice little change where players can toggle depending on which one they prefer. I would also suggest to make it so that there could also be a cycle so players can experience both without having to switch, which would also be a toggleable preference. I would also like to see this in Bedrock, maybe toggleable using a command or a hotbar item as there is no /prefs. One problem I would see is a lack of lighting, especially in Bedrock as there aren't as many light-producing blocks. Great idea, +1!

Posted May 15, 2021
    siee likes this.
  14. I likemthe idea,,its like dark mode,on mobile devices

Posted May 15, 2021
  15. I play games
    You play games
    We live in the same world
    We could be in different time zones

Posted May 15, 2021
  16. I'd actually love to see this implemented, kind of like a "dark/light mode" for Mineplex.

I think this would be a great QoL feature and definitely be something unique and special that could be edited in /prefs. I could otherwise see this as an Immortal Perk that could be purchased from the Immortal Shop for a certain amount of immortal points in order to 'control the time'.

Good idea, I look forward to seeing this idea move forward potentially,
    ~Hub

Posted May 15, 2021
    siee likes this.
  17. PROSTONE yes absolutely! this could and should also apply to waiting lobbies as to give them a cool visual while you are waiting on playing on a game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2021
  18. Also if you're playing with shaders it would look really nice with the night sky along with some texture packs

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2021
  19. I personally really enjoy when we see events that bring along new hub maps, such as the Halloween events, which therefore make the day/night cycle nighttime. So adding in a preference to be able to edit this whenever would be an awesome idea in my opinion, a small, but cool QoL feature!

Posted May 15, 2021
  20. I think that li,e during spring, at should be like morning, during summer, it should be noon, during fall, it should be dusk, and during the winter it should be night. Either that or coordinated to UCT.

Posted May 15, 2021