• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Add a cobbleweb protection

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf, Apr 14, 2019 at 6:51 PM.

?

Should this be added

1. Yes, no mistakes I LUV IT!

25.0%
  2. Yes, no mistakes, I Like It!

12.5%
  3. Good suggestion, a few mistakes

25.0%
  4. Maybe, there is ALOT of mistakes

12.5%
  5. No, this cant be improved

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. NO! I HOPE THIS IS NEVER IMPLEMENTED

25.0%
  1. This is Cakewars
    I would like UNBREAKABLE cobweb protection.
    It will protect the cake by adding UNBREAKABLE cobweb around the cake (including roof) using 2 layers. There'll be a 1 layer space to eat the cake, and once they're in, you have to go in the 2 layers to kill them, and then come out.

When a player is 5 blocks near your cake, the 2 layers of cobwebs activate and last for 20 seconds, and the cost is 30 emeralds.
    THIS SHOULD ONLY BE RECOMMENDED WHEN A TEAM IS COMING AT YOUR BASE, AND YOU KNOW THEY WANT TO EAT YOUR CAKE, PUT A DESCRIPTION WHEN THIS IS IMPLEMENTED SO PEOPLE WILL BE AWARE

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 6:51 PM,
    Last edited Apr 17, 2019 at 9:21 PM
  2. Jadguar

Jadguar

This is a unique idea, but I do not feel it fits well into Cake Wars. For example, the current traps in the game only have to do with the cake (walking inside its radius, taking a bite, etc.) So potentially, if a cobweb trap was to be added, the game could just spawn a cobweb under your feet when you try to eat another opponents cake. This would have to be fairly expensive however, because a trap like this would be overpowered if it were to be abused. I would expect it’s cost to be around 16-20 emeralds. Spawning a cobweb barrier around an entire teams base would be hard to pull off and would have to be unique for each map, which would put a lot of stress on developers. Kudos for creativity however! -1

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 7:00 PM
  3. The trap is AROUND the ISLAND, not the cake. And the cost is how many seconds you want the protection to last for * 2 emeralds. So 1 second = 2 emeralds. Oh, I will add a limit of time to request for (30 seconds will be the max).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 7:30 PM
  4. Jadguar

Jadguar

I did note that you wanted the trap around the island:
    However, I still think that this kind of feature is not feasible because it would have to be different for each map, which the developers may not have time for. I thought making it more centered on the cake would give it a higher chance of actually making it into the game. Don't get me wrong, I am a supporter of this idea, but I feel a few changes could be made to improve it.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 8:14 PM
  5. Jaekub

Jaekub

I agree with @Jadguar on this. The island varies depending on the map, so it would be quite tedious for developers to implement this. A cobweb around the cake, let's say 6 blocks in all directions could work. We'll call it Spider Web. I think the cost is very high, maybe lower it and its duration to make it more like a normal trap. If this were just a trap, I'd be all for it, but from what you've suggested, I'll be giving this a -1.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 9:18 PM
  6. Maybe when you're 5 blocks away (from the cake), you'd realize "NOO, THERE IS 6 layers of UNBREAKABLE COBBLEWEB AROUND THE CAKE"
    --- Post updated ---
    look what i saidi to @Jadguar

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 9:19 PM
  7. Jaekub

Jaekub

What we're suggesting is that instead of around the entire island, it's just around the cake itself.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 9:22 PM
  8. DONE! Read my original post

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 9:23 PM
  9. Jaekub

Jaekub

Instead of 6 layers, maybe only 1?

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 9:25 PM
  10. Maybe 2?
    --- Post updated ---
    --- Post updated ---
    So far, I think it's good

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 9:49 PM
  11. Jaekub

Jaekub

Looks fine to me besides the duration and the price. Make it last 8 seconds long, with 2 layers, and cost 10 emeralds. Besides that, this idea is looking good.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 10:29 PM
  12. You're basically asking for the demand to be 125% more than the duration. It should ask you how long you want it for, then it will be greater by 125%, and that's emerald cost.

For example, for 60 seconds, 60 * 5/4 or 125% of 60, is 75 emeralds.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 8:32 AM
  13. Jaekub

Jaekub

I
    Errr. Not how the math works. The duration should really be 6 seconds for 10 emeralds (I know it's not what I said earlier. That would make the demand 166% of the duration, in seconds.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 9:17 AM
  14. DONE! Also, plz vote on polls.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 5:01 PM
  15. Jaekub

Jaekub

Voted. Why are there 50 Emeralds for 30 seconds? The math works out but that wouldn't really work. Just having one type of fee would work perfectly, and I think 2-3 layers of cobwebs would make this idea perfect (in my eyes).

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 5:36 PM
  16. Says around the cake
    Later contradicts self and says around the island
    AS FOR THE IDEA ITSELF: I like it. I think it should be a permanent thing around the cake, what's the point of having 30 seconds of fast-broken cobwebs (r/engrish buddy, it's not cobbleweb) around the cake. Kitty out, with 1+! (PS, Bedrock and Java please)
    --- Post updated ---
    OH, this would be AWESOME! I love it! Yes, I totally agree with Jaekub on this. I would still recommend permanent defense.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 6:20 PM
  17. Fall

Fall

Neat idea actually. I assume this is for Bedrock?

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 8:19 PM
  18. bedrock and java
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay, 25 emeralds for 15 seconds, 15 seconds is enough for a team who's attacking your base.
    --- Post updated ---
    the cobwebs are unbreakable

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 8:52 PM
  19. SkarmMines

SkarmMines

I like the idea of it being around the cake rather than the island and don’t have much to add myself to the ongoing discussion other than why don’t you just make it a one time fee instead of a timed purchase? I feel like a timed purchase would just complicate things and essentially be a rip off if you get something but only for a limited amount of time. Like the other two traps, it should be activated when a player gets within a certain radius of your cake (the cobwebs appear to efficiently trap them). The difference from the other traps is that when it’s activated, then it has 30 seconds before it disappears seeing as since you’re suggesting they be unbreakable, they only stay for a short amount of time after activating. Additionally, I feel like 6 layers would be too much, maybe drop it down to 2?

Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 11:36 AM
    Jaekub likes this.
  20. Okay, two layers instead of six, and it'll be 15 seconds for 25 emeralds
    --- Post updated ---
    The cobweb is now unbreakable

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 7:50 AM