• 326 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6769 Players Online
  • 6443 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Add a Block Feature

Discussion in 'Website Ideas' started by mathuu, Sep 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Even though there is a private option, I don't wanna follow practically half of the forums members just so they can see my profile, and all that to keep one out. Ignore still let's people post on my wall, and I want them to be blocked from my wall completely.

Posted Sep 23, 2021
    Cloudy, 20LeeBrian1, Joshhh and 4 others like this.
  2. Pretty pointless when they could just edit the ignore feature

Posted Sep 23, 2021
  3. with the wall thing you could just private it so only people your following and staff can post on it, or you could always use the forums ignore option

Posted Sep 23, 2021
  4. i- i just explained that ignore still allows them to post on my wall, and i dont want to follow everyone just so they can see my wall, since i dont want it private, i just wanna block a few people

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2021
  5. That would actually be pretty useful

Posted Sep 23, 2021
  6. forgot how to read, sorry xD
    didn't mean to tell you to do what you just said you couldn't, posted the reply when I was so tired that I miss read the entire post. Though, I do agree with the idea of add a block button, but I don't think mineplex will ever do it sadly- it's mineplex xd

Posted Sep 24, 2021
  7. yes.

Posted Sep 24, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  8. in my opinion, a block feature would be useful, and i wouldn't mind seeing it in a future website update. doesn't seem like such a hard feature to create as a QoL update, plus it would be a useful addition for lots of people i'm sure including yourself.

Posted Sep 27, 2021
    mathuu likes this.
  9. +1

I feel like this feature being added would be an amazing contribution to the forums!

Posted Sep 27, 2021
  10. Yea, I mean personally I don't think there should be a reason not to have this as a feature. I would say ignore works pretty well, but they can still actively engage with you even if you are trying to minimize that so I fully understand why some people would prefer just a "block" feature. I don't really see any reason why we shouldn't have this due to us being able to do it practically everywhere else. Overall while I personally wouldn't be blocking anyone, I have seen a lot of drama sometimes go down and think this could help minimize that so I 100% support adding this in the next website update.

Posted Sep 27, 2021
    mathuu, anna dot and Cloudy like this.
  11. I definitely think this should be a feature, while I don't myself using it as I don't really see myself blocking anyone I don't see why this shouldn't be added. I personally think people should have more control over their preferences and who they want to interact with on the forums and having a block feature would help with that. Ignore isn't really that useful at completely stopping a person from interacting with you on the forums so I feel like having a block feature would be very useful to those people who just want to stop interacting with some completely. Definitely think this should be added in a future website update, seems like a very useful feature!

Posted Sep 29, 2021
  12. Heyya!
    This is honestly a great suggestion. I think it could save a lot of people from that one rude person or generally people they don't want around their page. I think adding a block feature is definitely something I would like to see to help let people have more control over their accounts and pages. I only see one possible negative to this, players would know if you have them blocked by the inability to post on your wall. Either way, this idea is a +1 from me.

Posted Sep 29, 2021
  13. We've had a better block/ignore feature on our list for a bit now. The one we wanted would quite literally make it look like the person just had a forum account but never talked and wouldn't be able to view anything of yours. I believe we also planned to just have a block feature for walls as well for you to select certain people to block off your wall, but still see their forum stuff. We had a whole system in mind for walls and who can view/post on x thing. Since there's quite a lot to it and to save the trouble of going more off-topicish, I'll just end it there. Of course, this stuff wouldn't affect staff (we'd likely keep this Trainee+) aka staff would be able to bypass this stuff.

Since we've had this planned for some time now and isn't anything new for us to add, I'll be locking this and having it marked as processed. Message me with further questions or concerns.

Posted Sep 29, 2021
    anna dot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.