• 1134 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9572 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Add a +1, -1, +0.5, and a 0 emoji

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by ATruePitato, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Hey, there!

I came up with a new idea that I believe it'll be quite helpful and beneficial towards Ideas Team and also for those players who respond to ideas often. Players who come up with ideas and read responses might skip right pass a tiny -1, +1, etc. so I feel as if this might help them seeing their vote. Adding colors to the emoticons will even make this better:

+1 - Dark Green - Represents, "Good idea, would love to see this implemented!"
    +0.5 - Light Green - Represents, "I like your idea, however I think something needs to be changed."
    0 - Yellow - Represents, "I'm not disagreeing with your idea, however it definitely needs some improvement."
    -1 Red - Represents, "I disagree with your idea and I would not like to see this implemented."

Edit (credit to @Doctar for the amazing idea) : You can add a +1, -1, etc. to the thread, it'll be like a like button however numbers.

Tell me what you guys think!

-Thanks.

Posted Jul 14, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 14, 2019
  2. Hey,

If we're being honest I quite dislike the new style of replying for ideas on the new forums. User's posts shouldn't need to have an obnoxious +1 in their replies. It should be obvious from their reply whether they're disagreeing with the idea, and therefore, I'm disagreeing with the idea as a whole.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Jul 14, 2019
  3. While I don’t hate the idea, I also see Wiz_Techno’s point about the use of it. It brings up the issue of it people will only use the emoji rather than actually offering their opinions on the idea. We want a thread littered with feedback and things the idea could work on/improve, not a bunch of +1 emojis. Maybe if we introduced a way to vote on the actual thread, like how the thumbs up is. It could be the emojis you described, but as thread votes. That way people can vote on the thread and only comment when they have something to offer. Less useless replies, same general idea, and more feedback.

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  4. Nice idea but...

isn't it weird how I made 3D models of the exact same thing a few weeks ago?

[​IMG] for the idea tho

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    rexh17, CowHatake and ATruePitato like this.
  5. Hey there!
    This is actually an interesting idea, although I find that this idea may be a tad bit unnecessary. As you will see later on in this post, I have my own custom made ones but I can assure you that won't interfere with my final decision and opinion on this idea.

This idea definitely spikes up an interesting discussion that might inspire many players who are interested in sharing ideas. Having fancy looking icons definitely encourage players to participate in discussions but personally I think this might be unncessary for the whole community to have. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy having additional features that make threads look interesting but this may be a QoL change that really isn't necessary.

Furthermore the numbers aren't a necessary option when commenting. Speaking for the staff members and ideas team members, numbers aren't necessary when commenting on ideas. It's an optional feature that helps make it earier for players. Adding in emojis to make it obvious isn't necessarily the best idea since we can simply type a number and make it much easier.

I understand where you were going with this but really I think there's no need for it. Thank you for presenting this idea though, it is very interesting. Hope to see you around more often! [​IMG]

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    hazeae24, ATruePitato and CowHatake like this.
  6. Hey, thank you everyone who responded to my idea!
    I genuinely like your idea and I personally wouldn't mind adding it on to my suggestion. I definitely understand your points and @Wiz_Techno's points, and your suggestion is worth adding. Thanks so much for replying!
    @Tours thanks so much for replying, and I totally understand where your coming at. Hope to see you around as well, thanks for replying.

Thanks, for the positive feedback @spacexplorer_ !

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 14, 2019
    Tours likes this.
  7. I can definitely see where you are coming from with this idea, but personally, I think it is better for players to comment rather than just voting. This issue with just selecting a voting option is that you don't know why a player has voted that way. We need feedback from players on why they want or don't want something, not just a simple yes or no or maybe so. I feel like a lot of people would just vote and not comment if they were given the option and we wouldn't be able to use the feedback as efficiently.

There are also issues with a system that relies on just votes. We could see things like people getting their friends to upvote their ideas excessively or a group targeting someone by downvoting their idea simply because they don't like them.

I think if players want to include a voting number in their posts, that's fine, but we don't really need an actual system for it.

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    skarm and ATruePitato like this.
  8. I'm personally in opposition to the platonic "+1" culture our forums have developed. While it could be used as an indicator of one's overall opinion on an idea, I've observed players simply spam "+1 good idea" on every thread they come across, and I believe the overarching effect that these numerical indicators of community members' approval has done little other than discourage real discussions.

Overall, I can't say I approve of this idea because it would only serve to cement an anti-discussion culture I can't endorse.

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    Vocaloiid, Smaland47 and ATruePitato like this.
  9. Since the premise of this thread has changed and now focuses on a voting feature, it'll be moved to Website Feedback.

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    Vocaloiid and ATruePitato like this.
  10. The voting options may help kill a bit of the current issue of post boosting, which is just filled with +1s or -1s. To the OP, I'd advocate more for a full one thumbs up thumbs down voting option instead of all these numbers, as it may be confusing

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    doeo and Caameronn like this.