• 2527 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5106 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Achievement Tiers

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by KindaCruise, Nov 10, 2019.

1. -Hello All!-

Whilst sitting at my desk downloading games, I stumbled across an idea. We could add achievement tiers, by which I mean when a player finishes the first achievements, more unlock, granting additional rewards, such as gems or shards, possibly even game specific stuff. While the details are really muddy at the moment, I believe that if this was implemented, it would allow players to do something other than the norm while playing various mini-games, and also enhance the experience for those that have mastered game modes already.

(P.S. Achievement kits should stay the same, maybe add this after unlocking the kit?)

EDITS:
    (This is going to be a bulletpoint list for now, please ask if you need clarification :))
    More objectives AFTER you unlock the achievement kit.
    Perhaps game specific unlocks (shop skins, taunts, etc.)
    Objectives related to the game you are playing (unlike missions)

Feel free to add on or subtract what you think is necessary in the comments, I'd be delighted to change this more as time goes on!

Love,
    KindaCruise

Posted Nov 10, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 10, 2019
    Cardyceps likes this.
  2. Hmmmm. I need more detail but I’ll still go over this

If this is for Java it would not be fair to bedrock until bedrock gets leveling rewards.

How many gems or shards?
    Would the prizes change if it’s another achievement?

Overall I’m gonna have to give this idea a -1 because I think you didn’t put that much detail in it. Also I can just not understand this idea. Please add more detail.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  3. Hey.

Well I'll wait until you've put some more details in your idea. I can't decide to agree or disagree with this until more details will be added. For now, I'll give this a -1.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  4. This seems similar to missions...? Unless am miss understanding, because as others have stated you need to add more detail. +1 because it has already been added.....?

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  5. Heyo!

If you didn't already know, these actually exist for certain games. The ones I can remember off the top of my head around NANO, CA, BBB (I think), and MOBA/HOG. None of these games included an achievement kit, and their system worked different such as no kits or acquiring gold for certain unlocks. In general however, I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. Normal games would make it harder to get the achievement kit which really isn't needed, and you're welcome to suggest achievements for games if you want. I think the achievements are fine as of now with the exception of those games. I'll leave this at a -1 for now, have a nice day!

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  6. I think the key issues with missions is that they are random. You have to play games you (probably) don't like to complete them. I have like 5 in games I've never played that I don't intend to finish
    --- Post updated ---
    I did not know that. I don't think I clarified with the achievement kits for regular ideas though. I was intending to mean that once you have finished the regular achievements and unlocked the achievement kit, you can still have things to do while also having access to the achievement kit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2019
  7. hello hello!

This idea seems really interesting, but I do have some questions about it and how it would function. If players get the first "tier" of all achievements and starts using the achievement kit, how will the rewards for continuing the use of tiering up these be implemented? For example, would the rewards get bigger and bigger to persuade them to keep going? Would they be getting gems, XP, shards, a combination? I also would like to know if it is similar to ones we already have in place, like in NANO where eventually there is a limit to how many you can achieve? I really like the idea and think that there is a lot of potential that could arise from this.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  8. Well, thats why I made the thread. I'm not sure on limits, but for rewards I think should alternate between gems, shards, etc. and stuff like game specific rewards, maybe a weapon name for the final tier. Something like that

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 11, 2019
  9. I don't think we need achievement tiers given I'm not a huge fan of how they've worked in the past (and present with NANO), but it would be cool to have the data for how many times each achievement has been done as a stat ingame as I know it's something that gets tracked.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  10. Hey there!

I can see this idea working in some examples. As you may know and @TooMuchXMas4You mentioned, Nano games already had tiers for the achievements. I could see some other games implementing this too. But the main problem I see is that for some games this simple isn’t needed. Some achievements are meant to be straight forward missions and don’t need more than what they already have.

Ultimately, I could see this working for some games, and with a little bit more detail I would like the idea. I’m going to leave this as a +.5

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  11. Hello there!
    This idea is interesting, though I'm not sure if adding something like this into every gamemode would be such a great idea. Achievements how they are now for most games are straight-forward and once you complete an achievement, you get the satisfaction of having that achievement done. Now, imagine a more difficult achievement with tiers added in: The player works really hard to complete the first tier, just to find that now they have to do even more of the difficult task than before in order to unlock the next tier! I know you stated that you still have access to the achievement kit after you get the first tier of all the achievements, but I think it would become confusing to players. We already have some gamemodes with this feature, including NANO, and I think although it works well with NANO because of NANO's fast-pace environment, it wouldn't work as well in major gamemodes. Anyways, thanks for the idea!

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  12. Not every gamemode, but maybe a test in skywars or something. It is pretty fast pace as well, so I dont think there would be an issue like with cakewars or other longer gamemodes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2019
  13. Hello!

I thank you for sharing your idea with all of us! First of all, there is already, kind of, an achievement list. These belonging to Sam The Slime. There are many achievements, and always new ones. In my opinion, I do not think this idea is necessary. I think if you maybe add more details to the idea. It could turn into something more than it is currently. Stating these things. I am giving this idea a -1, for now.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  14. Honestly, the major issue w/ Sam is that it gives your randomized quests. To be brutally honest, no one plays half the games on the server. If this idea is rejected, I hope they at least optimize the sam quests to the games you actually play

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 23, 2019
    FluteVegetables and Korben2005 like this.
  15. Sums it up perfectly

Posted Nov 24, 2019
  16. I'd personally be all for a system like this, a sort of prestigious achievement system. Like you said, I don't think something like this should be like NANO where the tiered achievements (which I'm assuming is similar to what your idea of how a possible layout for this could be), but instead allow players who have already completed all of the current achievements in a game to keep their achievement kit, and instead keep pursuing these as an optional "quest". A system that takes the normal achievements and builds off of them after completing the normal one would really make a game seem more enticing the continue playing, especially if the rewards offered are worthwhile.

If we had enough development time, allowing players who continue to get more and more achievements to unlock unique cosmetics for that game would definitely make players want to play it more, but I don't think unique cosmetics would necessarily be the best place to put rewards. In my opinion, custom rewards for games would be put into chests, similar to Minestrike and Heroes of Gwen, to allow all players regardless of skill level/dedication to the game to be able to unlock and enjoy the cosmetics if they so pleased. Another idea that I had a long time ago back when kit levels existed in all games was to make the upgrade rewards different cosmetics. Skywars was the only game with kit level rewards, but they were so insignificant to the overall gameplay that paying for them was pretty much useless, and made grinding a specific kit solely to level it up pretty useless. A great substitution would've been to replace those minor upgrades with cosmetics, but considering kit levels are never being added back in the form they used to be in (confirmed), that's an improbable thing to hope for. Personally, I'd rather see rewards similar to level rewards be added for players who complete different tiered achievements (like large amounts of gems, shards, chests, and even new particles and morphs etc.).

Overall, Mineplex doesn't provide many rewards to the players who continue to grind games after completing all achievements other than the ability to showcase your wins in /stats or a potential leaderboard position for the most dedicated of players. Considering I have 8,000 total Skywars wins, I know the feeling of just playing games solely to play them with no real goal in mind, and it does get extremely boring. A system like this would really help players play for the longevity and enjoyment of the game rather than just to get the generally easy achievements and stop playing right after.

Posted Nov 24, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.