• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11488 Players Online
  • 8598 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Achievement kit for Turf Wars?

Discussion in 'Turf Wars' started by SpitefulNick, Aug 5, 2019.

1. I'm not the most avid TF player, but I've always been a fan of the idea of achievement kits for all games.

So that said, I propose adding a leaper kit to turf wars. I know it's generic and half of Mineplex's mini games already have it in some capacity, but I think it would be a fun kit to play and add some incentive for those who hunt achievements.

It would be a 1 shot bow like marksman, but it would have a slightly slower arrow regen rate (5-6 seconds) to make up for the leap (so it's not just a better marksman).
    The leap would be double jump activated like OITQ and have a 6-8 second cool down (subject to change).
    That's pretty much it for the basics so I would love to get some feedback on what y'all think.

Posted Aug 5, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 6, 2019
  2. Hey, I like this idea but I think there is some things it can be tweaked to. The name "Leaper" kit isn't a good name. I think if it's changed to something like Jumper or something other than "Leaper." I am okay with it being a one shot bow but I think the cooldown should be just like Infiltrator (8 Second cooldown) But have a Max of 2 arrows. The leap I would think it should be able to go 6 maybe 7 blocks high and have a 15 second cooldown instead of 3. If they have a 3 second cool-down they're gonna be jumping everywhere and then they won't be able to be killed because they're too OP. Also you forgot to add the wool cool-down what you think the suggestion should be. I think that you should be able to get a wool every 3 seconds just to make it a little fair but not too overpowered and not terrible at the same time.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  3. I don’t think that “leaper” would be that great for an achievement kit, as it is people bounce off of the border and for me are easy to hit since you can judge where they will land and I shot them as they hit the ground, jumping high will just have the same effect, it would take. Couple seconds of air time thus making it easy to see where you will land and shoot.
    I do think there should be an achievement kit for turf wars but would need to be a little better than that imo, this has been a discussion for 4 years that I know of.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  4. Yeah I'm fine with whatever they want the name to be; jumper, acrobat, whatever sounds good. I think 8 seconds is too long for the arrow respawn, especially for a kit that's only weapon is the bow. I think 5-6 seconds is a fair wait (pretty sure marksman is 4?). I was imagining the leap from OITQ, so however many blocks that is I think is fine. The cooldown I also think should be less than 15. 15 seconds is a long time, especially in a game that runs in 30sec-1minute intervals. I think 7-8 seconds recharge would be a good middle ground. The point of the kit isn't really about using the wool, so I think what you suggested is fine or even whatever infiltrator's wool timer is.
    From what I gather, you think it's underpowered based on it being easy to hit people who have an obvious landing path. I think how good it is will depend on how the player uses it. Obviously, if they jump straight up in the open, it's easy for an enemy to discern where they are going to land and shoot. However, if you use it to leap sideways to dodge/shoot or even up from behind cover, it becomes much more advantageous.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 5, 2019
    Typr⌨️ likes this.
  5. I too hope to see an achievement kit for turf wars in the future. I think this would fit really well into the game. I often see people hitting the border so they can get a boost in order to hit a shot. With this kit, it would make it easier while not being overpowered. I don't mind the name "leaper" I don't think that there is anything better or worse about it than the name "jumper". I feel 3 seconds is a little short, I would suggest 6-8. I agree with you, it should be a little slower than marksman but not as long as infiltrator. Seems like a balanced kit and it would be great if it was actually implemented.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  6. Leap just doesn’t seem to be a great achievement kit, not much of an advantage to me, and even if you leap to the side you are still easy to hit imo knowing you will land to the side.
    I feel achievement kits should have more offense part to it than defense, ya you can shoot while in the air but still doesn’t feel like it would be affective. If it was achievement kit I wouldn’t get it.

Posted Aug 6, 2019
    MythicalCake likes this.
  7. I think there should be an achievement kit for Turf Wars, but at the same time, I am not sure if a Leaper kit is the best way to make that addition. The leap effect probably wouldn't be too useful in Turf Wars, as there is a limited space to go around, considering of course they are only allowed to stay in their own turf. It could be okay for dodging arrows, but if it has a cooldown, it would be pretty useless for a few seconds, and if it didn't, it could backfire and become an overpowered kit because they can just fly around their turf avoiding arrows.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  8. I don't like the idea of adding extra mobility to a kit in Turf Wars. Plus, leaping is predictable so any good player could always land their shots on someone who leaps.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  9. You have pretty much half a map to work with to start, more or less depending on how your team does. That seems like plenty of space to me. The few seconds of cool down isn't going to suddenly make the kit bad. Pretty much every kit on Mineplex has a cooldown of sorts yet those same kits can be good or even overpowered (frosting, any ssm class, most similar jumper classes from the other minigames, ect.).
    I wasn't quite sure how to respond to this because the first sentence infers that extra mobility would be OP, but then the second says that it would be underpowered and easily countered. First, for those saying that it is too easy to land shots on people leaping I encourage you to play more OITQ. Second, what's going to be harder to hit, a person with or without leap? Of course it's not going to be some OP "I can fly around and never get hit" kit, but it's still fairly hard to hit someone who knows how to use leap. Especially when they can leap to and from cover.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 8, 2019