• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5074 Players Online
  • 5074 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Achievement kit for Dragons?

Discussion in 'Dragons' started by Neatu, Nov 4, 2018.

1. This new achievement kit will be called MLGer.
    About: The kit will give the player with the kit a water bucket.
    Abilities: Player will be able to place the water. However, the water will not flow.
    Armor: The kit will give white colored leather armor.

I don't really know what else to say... I mean that's kinda it.

Posted Nov 4, 2018
  2. Great idea xd +1

Posted Nov 4, 2018
    Mini_Alofs likes this.
  3. Interesting idea, but what would the water be for? In some/all(?) maps, water kills so is it meant to be for killing others?

I'd also suggest a perhaps more suitable name for the kit xD I'm not sure what MLGer is supposed to mean, and neither does it seem to fit the description of the kit from what I can tell.

cool idea tho :)

Posted Nov 4, 2018
    Mini_Alofs and Zipppo like this.
  4. Major League Gamer

Posted Nov 4, 2018
    SpitefulNick and ProtonOrange like this.
  5. Hello,
    I would love to see an achievement kit added to Dragons as it's a super fun game in my opinion. It's always great to see new kit ideas but I'd love to hear more detail about yours. I think that we should see more achievements added to the game before an actual achievement kit as currently there are only two which makes it super easy to unlock.

I'm guessing that the water bucket feature is supposed to be used by placing it down just before falling from a height. I see where the name of it comes from because that would be pretty hard to do when you have to land on one specific singular block to not take damage. At the same time if you were able to get really good at this kit it would be almost impossible to beat as you would never take any fall damage. Overall it's a pretty cool idea but I'd love to hear more about it.

Posted Nov 4, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 4, 2018
  6. it seems a worse coward

it could infinitely negate fall damage but takes good effort to do so
    and chiss forbid u lag

on the other 4x4 hand, coward gives you more limited (but more reliable) fall negation, in addition to huge mobility
    and if youre careful then youre not gonna take a bunch of falls between cooldown resets anyway

if it had something cool to distinguish it from coward it could work, but right now it's just coward with no mobility and a risky (but unlimited) way of canceling fall damage

Posted Nov 4, 2018
    Worpp likes this.
  7. Responses/Questions

ProtonOrange: The kit name is referring to when you land a water bucket without taking fall damage, the water would be used to cancel fall damage and take less knockback. Since water reduces knockback, negating fall damage would not be it's only use.

Zipppo: The kit would not be impossible to beat, as it is risky and you could easily lose your bucket if you got hit without picking it up again, or you simply could just get knocked off the map.

Smaland47: It would not be a worse Coward because being in water makes you take less knockback. With coward, there is no way to reduce knockback legit, besides sneaking. Sneaking in water would provide even less kb reduction, but at a risk of losing your bucket if you do happen to get unlucky enough.

More details about the kit/summary:
    Water will not deal damage to other players.
    It will not be a "nerfed coward" because being in water reduces knockback.
    Water can be used to negate fall/reduce KB.
    It is not too overpowered because you could easily be knocked off or lose your water because of a dragon.
    The name is very open to change.

Added Info
    New achievements will be added to make this kit harder to get.
    Ex. Not getting hit by a dragon once in a game and winning.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 5, 2018
  8. I'd vouch for this.

Posted Nov 6, 2018
  9. I don’t see a huge point with this, since using this would be a pretty high skill thing. Personally, coward would be much better for reducing fall damage or canceling knockback. The kit doesn’t seem very useful and looks more to be a situational kit.

Posted Nov 6, 2018
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  10. It seems like an interesting feature, but I would need more detail about things such as the water's time duration. Most likely the developers won't consider it because Dragons is doing fine on its own.

Posted Nov 6, 2018
  11. You take less kb in water and there is no cooldown on the water bucket. It also doesn't take much skill to land a bucket from around 10 blocks which is usually around how far you fall. Even if it was worse than coward its just to add a new layer of fun.

Posted Nov 6, 2018
  12. This is assuming there will be blocks/a platform for you to land on. Most cases, you won’t be. In addition, you take less kb, but that isn’t gonna help you recover in the long run. And the last sentence you added sorta contradicts itself.

I also would like to add that many people find it difficult to land a bucket, hence the term “MLGing”. I don’t think it’ll be a great kit because, once again, it’s very very situational, and will do little overall.

Posted Nov 7, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 7, 2018
    HeyItsAdam likes this.
  13. Heyo!

I personally think this would be a great idea and it may spark up the beloved game once more. I would love to see some more detail to this such as how many uses you would get per a single match and more on what it would be used for.

I am very curious if Mineplex would implement this as only a way to save you from falling from a large height, or if they would add some more cool features. But, with whatever happens I would love to see this in the game. Keep up with the great ideas!

Daye

Posted Nov 7, 2018
  14. The idea for a new kit is cool, but I think I echo everyone else here saying: "What's the purpose of water that doesn't flow?"

Maybe a snowballer or brawler kit would be good additions to the game.

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  15. High risk, not so high reward
    Sounds like a more skillful leaper kit with infinite uses of the ability
    As Worp said, very situational, which is exactly what isn't needed for a kit.

Posted Nov 14, 2018
    Worpp likes this.
  16. As @HeyItsAdam said, I think this kit is high risk with minimal reward - you can achieve practically the same effect with leaper kit, whilst also having the extra momentum from the axe. Whilst it is a nice concept (and would be fun to use), I don't think it would quite compare to the other kits, and wouldn't be used as much.

Thanks for the idea though, I hope to see more!

~AvroVulcan

Posted Nov 14, 2018
    HeyItsAdam likes this.