• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10216 Players Online
  • 7326 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Achievement for reaching a certain daily streak in daily chest

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by HexModi, Jun 30, 2020 at 10:16 AM.

1. I think there should be an achievement in Mineplex when you reach a certain streak (let's say 100 for example) in a daily chest.
    This could encourage players to claim their daily chest every day for a certain amount of time so you can get the achievement.
    I think the achievement name should be "dedication", and the thing you should do to get the achievement is to reach a certain streak in the daily chest (maybe 100?).

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 10:16 AM
  2. Hey!

This would be a neat idea. Usually I forget to get my daily chests when I'm not on a streak so possibly having an achievement will make others want to get the daily chests and not ignore it. Instead of getting an achievement though, I think it would be cooler to get a title for it! There can be about 5 tiers to the title and the amount you need to unlock the tiers could be like 10 daily rewards claimed (in a streak) for the first one then 30 for the second and so on. As long as they keep getting the daily rewards for the amount of days they need to collect it, they will complete the title in no time which would be helpful for some people! In my opinion, a title would be superior because you can have it on and show others without them having to look at your achievements, and it would just look nicer.

Overall, I'd like to see this implemented as it doesn't cause any issues and it's just a fun thing to go for! I give this a +1, thanks for the idea!

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 11:33 AM
    STARWARSROCKS22 likes this.
  3. The achievements we currently have are all game-specific or deal with holiday events etc. I'm not sure if making an achievement just for this would be the way to go about getting people to claim their rewards. Perhaps just increasing the rewards you get would increase the amount of people claiming their rewards, but because they can already become very high in rewards after a long period of time (eg some people get over 6k experience a day from rewards alone, though rare) it would just increase those situations even more, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I totally get that 100 days is totally achievable, but what about after that? If something like a title as Free said or even an achievement were to be implemented, there needs to be something after because 100 days will go by much faster than it appears. For example, Labymod goes up to 300 days with their rewards, though you'll only need to log in to continue it rather than going out of your way to claim rewards. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 11:56 AM
    ItsFree likes this.
  4. Like what ItsFree said, there could be tiers, like the first tier being 10, then 50, so on, and so on.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 12:34 PM
  5. Hey!

I think rewards based on daily rewards could be interesting addition but I'm not sure if it would be best to implement a system like this (or similar) or just make tweaks to the current daily reward system to make it feel more worth your while.

Having rewards for the length of your streak is interesting but I am not sure how good of an idea this is. Should we be encouraging people to be online every day? I'm not entirely sure it a healthy habit to encourage players to have, though it might benefit the server it seems kind of needy to be encouraging players to be online on a day to day basis (I'm not sure if this is an opinion shared by others but it's just a thought). As you know Mineplex's main audience are children, should we be encouraging a young audience to be at their computer every single day even if it's just to log on for a few seconds? While this might be easier now with the COVID-19 situation I don't think this reward will be so viable in the future when people go back to school or even to work. However, maybe a reward for the number of daily rewards claimed would be a more suitable idea rather than number of consecutive days? I'm not too sure how many players are on every single day of the week, I think it's an interesting idea though! As @jacvb said I think it would be best to make adjustments to the current rewards you get to make them feel more satisfying or perhaps make this reward based on daily rewards claimed rather than consecutive days, as this way it truly represents how dedicated you are to the server because anyone could have an off day!

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 1:11 PM
    Rilau likes this.
  6. Hey! This is a pretty neat idea here. I don't think adding this would inherently be correct, or incorrect. Let me explain all of the cons to this idea, and then the reasons why it might actually work!

First off, would it really be healthy for players to come online every day to claim the reward? I'm level 100 and a mod. This being said, I'm extremely active. However, my daily reward streak has never gone higher than 40 or so. It's only natural to take breaks and if players were encouraged to spend more and more time on the server over something so small that really has nothing to do with gameplay, it really wouldn't be such a great benefit. Meami explains it best <3 :
    Next, you are already heavily rewarded for daily rewards??? In my eyes, at least, an extra reward for a 100 day streak simply isn't needed. You are already being rewarded nicely by the time you have a 100 day streak, that an extra reward wouldn't really be necessary, even a title or something. You'd get multiple games worth of gems, experience, and shards, in one click.

To continue, this would be a completely new trend as @jacvb explains. Every single one of our achievements is either holiday related, or in-game related. If we created a black-sheep achievement, it wouldn't really fit the trend of what an achievement is. You don't really need skill to click 100 times (although it does take dedication, it doesn't take skill), and isn't that what the whole point of achievements is really all about?

On the contrary, dedicated players would feel refreshed to have something new to go for. I've always enjoyed watching streaks go up, or watching the days fall down before I go on vacation! It would be extremely satisfying to see these numbers. There would be more reason to set a timer each day to collect the rewards, and I think it would really drive players to accomplish something big.

Many players already have a max streak of 100+, and giving them something for being extremely dedicated is only fit! With many achievement hunters or title hunters, this would be something new and exciting to go for, and I think that many would enjoy this feature.

Thank you for your post <3

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 5:54 AM
    Meami likes this.
  7. Rewards get better the more times you claim the daily rewards anyways, so isn't that already a big enough incentive? I'm not particularly against or for the idea, but maybe it just needs to be worked out a bit more. I think it could be an awesome title as ItsFree suggested. There are plenty of tiered titles already that it could work similar to. As you increase your daily rewards, you can access a new tier of the title at different checkpoints. There really aren't general achievements on the server as those, at least to this point, are specific to games. However, I think a title would be really neat and would be exclusive to truly dedicated players. As far as extra rewards after hitting certain points, I guess it would be fine, but I just don't think it would make much difference than the way the system works now.

Posted Jul 3, 2020 at 4:34 PM