• 1387 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5712 Players Online
  • 4325 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

AC || Dillionia’s Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dillionia, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Intro to the Intro:
    It took me a while, but I love reading all of the great introductions here (yes, the late ones too), so I finally put myself to the task of making one (albeit extremely informal)! So here’s some random fun stuff I like/about me :D. A fair warning, I wrote a lot (and it’s a little all over the place hahaha) I tried to break it up in sections by relevance (but it just made it look even more lengthy...nah totally didn’t just make it worse o-o) so yeah have fun reading what is probably the longest intro you’ve ever seen (but a lot of it is just parenthetical interjections so bear with me) if you’re up to it!

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

Hi everyone, I’m AC (your favorite air conditioner ;D)!

I’m an 18-year-old girl and a senior in high school from the United States.

I’m pretty sure I joined this server around 3 years ago towards the end of 2016 on PE after the server that I used to play on went down (so I was 15 at the time) and continued through whenever the Better Together update came out. I’ve taken a couple breaks but still kept in touch with my closest friends for the most part (these people are honestly what’s kept me here. I love them so much ♡). For a little background, you may have seen me in-game before/referred to as ACgamer (Mineplex PE), ACgamer9 (Mineplex Bedrock after Better Together), iiVerity (my current Bedrock alt— I think it’s at level 46 rn), or Dillioniaa (my current xbox IGN). I lost my ACgamer account due to the Better Together update at level 31 or so unfortunately. And after I changed my xbox tag to Dillioniaa (rather recently, a few months ago now) Mineplex registered my new name as a whole new account, so my ACgamer9 account is frozen at level 82 and my stats are reset in-game on my current one (rip). I’ve reported this to several people so I pretty much cannot do anything more about it, but it’s alright. Just thought I might as well explain that since my name was confusing people. If any of you see ACgamer9 in game, it’s not me. Long story short, someone else has claimed the account data due to a MAJOR Mineplex bug. My only IGN/Xbox live accounts are Dillioniaa and iiVerity (which I rarely use).

On the network, I’m a community member all the way! I try to promote the Bedrock server (as you can probably tell xD) and just generally help out. I was on the Quality Assurance subteam (QAT) for just over a year in 2018-19 and am currently having a great time on the Translations Team (TT) as the Spanish Proofreader (Check it out if you haven’t already, and make sure to apply if you’re interested! And here’s my little TT story if you wanna read it ^-^). We’ve translated the Bedrock server and are currently working on translating these forums!

I love playing Mineplex with friends and you’ll usually find me playing MicroBattles with them. I also play Skyfall and Turf Wars (my go-to game if no friends are online) on my own a lot and enjoy Cake Wars with friends too even though I’m not very good at pvp (b/c I don’t necessarily enjoy pvp on my iPad, but it depends on the day). You’ll also probably see me plenty on the forums! I just really love how they’re organized (design/layout) and can’t seem to get myself to stop looking at/browsing them lmao (honestly, I think all my writing on the forums has improved my essay writing — or at least my will to write — for school too pff haha). As for goals on Mineplex, I’m pretty much perfectly happy with where I am rn but (of course) I’ll continue doing what I can for this server!

Outside of the network, I love learning/trying new things! The more skills/experiences the better in my eyes. Some of my interests include art, music, sports, animals, and languages! I’ve had a decent amount of experience with sculpting (clay), knitting, crocheting, finger-knitting (pretty useless but super fun!), painting, drawing (+ digital drawing), and pottery! I especially love when things are designed to look like other things (for instance, I have little containers that look like French Macaron cookies and earrings that look like acorns ^-^). I also like to bake, but I don’t really like cleaning up so I don’t do it that often hahah (but I love sweets! specifically pastries @^@). And I love learning about plants even though I don’t actually work with them much either lol

I love listening to music, specifically the pop genre (I think, I’m not very good with music genres xd). Some of my favorite artists are Khalid, Alec Benjamin, Jonas Blue, Quin XCII, Liam Payne...yeah there’s a lot more heh but I’m not gonna name them all. I also like to sing but I just do this for fun, though I used to be in a city choir but had to quit due to other commitments. I also used to play the piano and the violin, but I stopped both before highschool due to lack of interest/motivation.

I love watching others perform though! Some of my favorite musicals are Les Miz, Hamilton, and Wicked and I have a profound respect for performers as I myself have really bad stage fright. I am also interested in cinematography, as I enjoy good screenwriting and filmmaking (especially historical fiction, hence my top two musicals. I also love Reign, Anne with an E, and The Cable Girls which are amazing stories in that genre — though they are TV series, not full movies. Recently I watched Little Women and The Help, two fantastic movies in this genre)! Creative writing and poetry are another thing that I enjoy (especially reading it), as it provides insight into other perspectives of various topics and really makes you think/reflect.

Uhhh sports...I’ve had a good amount of experience with quite a few, including softball, track & field, tennis and karate (kenpo— a type of defense). I also love to swim, bike, go bowling, and ice skate (not competitively, just for fun!). Currently I play soccer on a travel/club team (it’s already my 13th year ahh) and have just completed my 3rd year of golf on my school team, which I absolutely loved and already miss.

I’ve also got a pet! My dog is a beautiful, curly, fluffy, black, medium-large (yes all these details were necessary 0^0) Australian shepherd mix named Dillon (uwu totally didn’t just give away my username), and he just turned 9 last September. He’s super soft, super sweet, and loves to lie on the stairs, furniture, or other people’s things (especially couches, my pillow, and my clothes when I put them on my bed). He’s also scared of so many things (such as people sneezing or chewing gum lol) but we love him to pieces <33!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I know this was really extra but how could I not

I love other animals too but I don’t have much experience with them. I also like cats but sometimes they scare me and I’m also slightly allergic (but I’ll still pet them anyway if they’re sweet haha). My close friend got a new kitten this past year and we helped raise him a bit, so I’m a little better with them now. When I was younger I rode horses too, and I would love to do it again! It’s just, I don’t live in a good area for that and sadly it’s a rather time-consuming and expensive activity.

And languages! I think it started with an interest in accent phonetics (UK v AU v US etc.), and then I started studying Spanish. I pretty much study the language every day now as a hobby, and have for the past 4 years both inside and outside of school, trying to perfect my accent. It’s just so fun! Haha I think I’ve probably looked up like a gazillion words on my translator app (which is NOT Google Translate¡!). I’ve also tried/am still trying (and kinda failing but I’m doing my best ;—;) to learn French, American Sign Language (ASL), and Chinese, but I haven’t gotten very far as my school doesn’t offer them (yes, I’m a Duolingo nerd, add me if u wanna I’m Aces24 LOL). Of course there are plenty more I’d like to learn, but I think I’d better narrow it down in order to be more realistic with myself. ✰✰I also love spanish/general language/language learning/linguistic puns/jokes/memes very much (so you are always welcome to put them on my wall owo)!✰✰ One day I hope to possibly teach English as a second language, preferably in a Spanish-Speaking country since I already have a pretty good working knowledge of both languages (probably not as a career, but I still really want to do it). I also love answering (or trying to answer/finding the answers to) questions about Spanish language so hmu if you ever have any!

I currently volunteer tutoring lower school kids after classes twice a week in math, which is fun, though I’m always scared I won’t remember the concepts they need help with and have to refresh my memory often xD —but I love seeing how different people learn new things. I also want to learn to code, as I took a class in it last year, but I didn’t get to do much coding since it was more of a basic introduction to the subject — though I really enjoyed it and would like to learn more.

Personally, I’m pretty reserved depending on who I’m with, but I always look for the best in people! I love meeting people with common interests as well as learning about new/different ones that I don’t know much/anything about! If you have any questions for me, shoot me a message and I’ll see what I can do for you! In any case, you can always PM me (I’m also reachable on Discord at Dillionia#0015), sorry if I’m super awkward if/when you do xd but I promise I’m not scary!

Well yeah, thanks if you read this (I didn’t think it was going to end up being this long, sorry ;-;)! Also feel free to comment on this thread if you relate to any of these things (or even if you don’t!), as I would love to read your responses too! ♡

Posted Feb 22, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 15, 2020
  2. Wow this is probably the most detailed introduction ever. It was great knowing all these facts about you and it was really interesting to read. Nice to meet you!

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    Dillionia likes this.
  3. Haha thanks, nice to meet you too! I figured if I was going to make one I wanted to do it right xD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 22, 2020
    SecondChildhood likes this.
  4. HIIIIII

This was honestly super duper fun to read. It was a lot (I KNOW YOU WARNED ME) but I think it was worth it because i found out a lot more about you. Obviously I know you from TT (you're like, literally, the best proofreader I could ask for), and I guess one common similarity we both have is our passion for Spanish. I'm not a native speaker, but I've practiced my Spanish for years, and this development started from school. Spanish is definitely my all-time favourite subject for sure!

You know me already so I'm not even gonna bother getting into too much detail, although I am a current Java Mod on 5 subteams, and my favourite game to play on the network is Champions. From time to time I do hop on Bedrock, and it is honestly fun and deserves a lot more attention that it gets. My favourite game on Bedrock would definitely have to be Cake Wars, because I find it fairly easy to play (especially considering I use an Xbox controller, and I'm used to Xbox combat because I started out playing Minecraft on Xbox, around 2011, up until 2015)

The forums are also amazing, and I enjoy using them a lot, hence why I've taken an interest in the Forum Moderator team!

Outside of Mineplex, our interests are also pretty similar. Sports (particularly football, for me), languages, drawing and cooking are all things that I practice in my free time, although I'm not ashamed to say I'm bad at almost all of them.

It's very interesting to see that you like musicals. I barely watch any, and to be honest, I should, especially since in London it's easy to find a good musical to watch.

I have a pet cat that I love to bits. I really like dogs too, and wish I could have one, but one pet is more than enough trouble for my parents (LOL)

And, ohhh my god, I used to be a literal king at accents. Not even joking, I could pull off a lot of them whenever I felt like it, although years of not practicing have meant that I've gotten much worse. I could try a Scottish accent if I really wanted, although I think I'd probably end up embarrassing myself in the process. My normal accent is a southern UK one, and sometimes it gets annoying because people mock me for sounding 'too British' >:c. Some people think I sound posh, while others think I sound like a total roadman. I guess this is what being from London does to you. I did use Duolingo for like a week, but stopped. Now I really use school textbooks to teach myself Spanish, and ask my teachers for additional content. The content I get from school is much better than anything I could find online, honestly. I'd say I'm a fan of Spanish puns too, although I don't think I could match you. I'll definitely try to send you some on discord one day! :P

In the future I'd definitely like to study something Maths related, but I feel like my Spanish speaking skills could prove very useful in the future, for whatever career I choose. I don't volunteer teaching Spanish to other people, and whilst I'd love to, I don't think I'd have the time to do it, especially considering that I have Mineplex mod duties, as well as my school work (which is VERY stressful), to handle. I guess you could say that I've tried to teach my little brother, but he just doesn't seem that passionate for Spanish, sadly :c

As a person, I'm quite shy, and I struggle speaking with people I've just met, ESPECIALLY in voice calls. I feel bad because I feel like I make it really awkward for other people, but being quiet and reserved has always been part of my personality. The only exception is if I've gotten to know the person over a loooong period of time, and I've frequently kept in contact. I kinda have low self-esteem and confidence, so I really need to feel comfortable before speaking with new people.

I really really enjoyed reading this. You've honestly been one of my best friends on this server and I think it was awesome seeing so much about you. Keep everything up <33

Posted Feb 22, 2020
    WinteryOsprey38 and Dillionia like this.
  5. OMG HELLOO

You don’t know how happy this response made me <3

and YESS finally another accent enthusiast :DD

Also I agree learning through school is MUCH better than Duolingo — I only use it to dabble into languages that I don’t have the resources to study (I’ve been using it for French mostly!).

I’ve also tried to get my younger sister interested in Spanish, but she doesn’t care much for it either LOL (but I help her with her Spanish for school when she needs it ;))

London was actually the place where I fell in love with my first musical, Wicked! Also yeah I used to be able to do a British accent really well but then I got stuck in the Aussie one and now I can’t go back xD I need to practice it again.

I feel you about calls, though for me it depends more on my comfort level with the person I’m talking to rather than how long I’ve known them. Some people I just click with right away while others I may know for a while and still not feel comfortable talking to.

Anyhow, you’re seriously one of the coolest people ever, so don’t let anyone make you think otherwise (including yourself! >:c ). Good luck with all of your staff and school duties, you’ve got a lot on your plate but you seem to be doing a great job handling it all!

Thanks again for your response (now I feel better about writing way too much haha). I feel really lucky to have had the chance to meet you ♡♡

p.s. You can never sound “too British.” Who said that smh

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 22, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  6. Hey!!

I loved reading your introduction and I thought that I still learned a lot about you even though you're one of my closest friends on Mineplex! It's nice to see how much we have in common. We basically have the same music taste ⁠— I'm a huge fan of pop music also and I listen to almost all the people that you've listed. On my spare time, I love to bake too although I can definitely agree with you about the cleaning up part. It's super interesting knowing all the languages you speak and very impressive also. I think it's pretty neat how you know a bit of ASL, I've always wanted to learn but never found the motivation. Your dog is the most adorable thing ever, thank you for including those dog pictures! Like yourself, I'm also slightly allergic to cats but I still pet them anyways because they're so cute haha. Anyways, welcome officially to the forums!

Posted Feb 22, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 22, 2020
  7. Wintee! :D

Yess your music taste is lit and I love listening to music with you! We’ve found a lot in common personality-wise and we have some fun chats about random things haha

And ASL is super awesome but it is hard to find a good place to learn ;-; Also I was trying to decide whether or not to include those pictures of Dillon so I’m glad I did :)

You’re super chill (hence the Winter xD sorry couldn’t help it) and I’m so glad that we‘ve become so close over the past year and a half! <33

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2020
    WinteryOsprey38 and xGetRektedx like this.
  8. I wish I made mine this detailed o_o

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Dillionia and Im_Ken like this.
  9. Nice to meet you! Thought I'd put this out there: your dog is really cute!

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Dillionia and Im_Ken like this.
  10. It’s nice to meet you. This was a very detailed Introduction and it was really nice to get to know a lot about you. A detailed introduction deserves a detailed response, so here I go XD.

I’m currently a senior in High School as well and my real name is Leo. I’m commonly known here as LT, but feel free to address me by either!

Inside of Mineplex, I mostly find myself playing Bedrock, and I joined Mineplex somewhat back in 2015, however I have taken breaks periodically. I joined the Forums in 2019 though, and I’m still not sure why I didn’t do so before. I live to play Cake Wars on Bedrock, as it’s my favorite game and I’m currently 24th on the leaderboard. I also enjoy Sky Wars, Mixed Arcade, and Micro Battles on Bedrock as well. I’ve met so many amazing people in all of these wonderful games.

Outside of Mineplex I enjoy a various amount of things. I often find myself writing stories and reading books. I’m definitely considering a career as an author. I love to write and it’s become a huge passion of mine. As for reading, it’s what inspired me to write. I’ve read so many amazing series- from the Hunger Games to the Warriors series- to the Percy Jackson and Homelanders series. Books are really incredible and I read them on a daily basis. I also enjoy watching professional ice hockey and football. I definitely want to see the Islanders win the Stanley Cup this year! I’ve been a hockey fan for a long time and I have to say that it’s definitely something to consider watching.

As far as music goes, I love the band Imagine Dragons. I’ve loved their music for a long time now and I’ve really grown accustomed to listening to it. I have limitations for who I like, since I mostly listen to Imagine Dragons. However, I do occasionally listen to Fall Out Boy. For singers, probably Trevor Daniel or Christina Perri. My favorite song by Imagine Dragons would have to be Ready Aim Fire.

For sports, I mainly play ice hockey and football. I’m currently the team captain of my ice hockey team. I’ve been playing ice hockey ever since I was a little kid and I’ve always enjoyed it with a passion. I’m considering a career it it as well. For football, I enjoy it, but I’m really not as good at it as I am ice hockey. I’ve tried a few other sports, but I think I’m gonna have to stick with those two.

I have a pet dog as well. A fox terrier to be precise. He’s adorable and honestly I wouldn’t trade him for the world. Dogs are really good pets to have, and although I love cats, I have to say I love my dog immensely.

For languages, I’m a bit fluent in Spanish, but other than than I haven’t really taken interest in any other language. I’d say I’m okay at Spanish, but not as good as I’d like to be. Maybe I’ll start practicing a bit more so I can get better at it.

Well, that pretty music concludes my reply. It was really nice reading about you and learning your likes. I’d definitely like to play with you on Bedrock sometime! See you around :)

Posted Feb 23, 2020
  11. Thank you! Nice to meet you too! Love love your profile picture btw ;)

Yess I really appreciate this. <3

It’s nice to meet you, LT/Leo! It’s really cool that you play ice hockey (and are very good at it)! I wish I learned how to play so I could skate that well, it looks really fun and awesome (I’d just be scared of getting hit against the wall or skated over o-o)!

It’s also great that you love to read! I used to be an avid reader too but then I got swamped with other things and I’m still trying to get back into it. I hope you reach your goal of becoming an author! Not many people I know have a passion for writing (but I see a slight resemblance in a passion for languages owo).

I actually don’t follow specific artists, I usually just pick out some songs I like but the artists I named are some that I’ve found myself frequently selecting songs from xD Imagine Dragons has some great music! I don’t listen to them that much but I’m familiar with a couple of their songs (Believer, Thunder, It’s Time...). I’ll have to have a listen to Ready Aim Fire soon!

Your dog must be awesome (well duh, all dogs are xD)! I’ve never met fox terrier before though, they seem pretty interesting!

Also if you ever have any questions about Spanish, you know what to do ;). I can assure you though that practice really does “make perfect” when it comes to languages so I really do encourage you to practice more (ik I’m biased on this point, but what can I say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)!

I’d love to play on Bedrock with you sometime (and you can totally carry me in CW O^O)! Thanks again for your lovely detailed reply! <3

LOL I just realized how many times I wrote the word “awesome”, mah bad haha It’s just such an awesome word!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 23, 2020