• 523 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2607 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion About the BBCode...

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by SkittlesTM, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Yo!

So, most of us been using the forums for over a year(like me). During this, I remember using the BBCode to make one of the guides I have for Mineplex Trainee Application Outline. This helped easily because I had BBCode and had no problems. But now, the threads has been looking pretty black because we can only use black text, bold, italic underline. I know I'm not the only one who suggested this but we can't have a forums without BBCodes. What is your opinion about this?

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    little_dude_9000 likes this.
  2. I do believe this decision was made on purpose so that there is more uniformity across posts. We don't have crazy colors all over the place, and everything is generally very easy to read given it is only one font and size. I don't think we should bring back all the features of BB code, but maybe just a few? Which ones are you thinking would be the most useful, and how can we make sure they're not abused to make the formatting of posts look terribly inconsistent?

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    little_dude_9000 and vezay like this.
  3. I guess things like center and etc. That could be useful. Also, colors would help with certain things and even if they add classic colors it'll help to spark up the forums. The point of BBCodes is to help text spark more.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 15, 2019
  4. I can tell you that we won't be allowing any form of colors or formattings.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  5. But what reason is disallowing the use of colors in threads?

OP OP
  6. "It is disabled at the decision of the Administration team as the use of excessive formatting is unnecessary." - Wanderer

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  7. Mhm, but what about the alligments that formats where text are positioned at? I feel that is at least very useful.

OP OP
  8. I was just here to tell ya that colors/text sizes/formatting won't be a thing lol
    Allignments- I haven't seen a suggestion for that and this website's been here an enitre year. Since it's not connected to formatting, we should be able to impliment it.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  9. Yeah, because when I respond to some questions I like to use center formatting. But, hopefully it gets implemented and glad I was the one to noticed it.

OP OP
  10. Also, I went ahead and moved this thread to Website Feedback so we can get it looked at easier.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    SkittlesTM likes this.
  11. Alrighty awesome, thanks for the help.

OP OP