• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

About Badlion Client

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by thatbingoguy, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:36 PM.

?

Should MP staff install the API plugin and disable minimap, or continue to ban BLC?

1. Set up API

2. Ban BLC still.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatbingoguy

thatbingoguy

• Inappropriate Links
    Hey, so the Mods/Admins a while ago decided that because Badlion Client has a Minimap, that it's going to be bannable on Mineplex...

There is now a API plugin to disable curtain mods on BLC (FOR EXAMPLE: MINIMAP), but Admins want the BLC staff team to disable the Minimap.

My question: why? You're taking more time to ban people using Badlion client than it would to just set up the dang plugin.

For everyone else reading this not on the staff team, please vote on the poll.

EDIT: because I realized some people might not know this, the API is separate from the BAC plugin and the API is free to use. It's open source, in fact. And Mineplex admins/devs wouldn't have to install it on every Spigot server, since they can just apply it to the bungeecord. -snip-

Posted Jan 11, 2019 at 12:36 PM,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 11, 2019 at 2:55 PM
  2. Marzie

Marzie

The response that was given to Mineplex was to download their API, of course they would not do that. It's a plugin with unknown factors to it and was not coded by Mineplex themselves, therefore leading to data leaks, bugs and whatever else can come with a plugin off the internet. We would rather keep the server safe than having chaos ensue because of a plugin that was downloaded/received from people we do not know very well.

Since I've given you the reason why, I'll go ahead and lock this. Message me or an RC member (can be found on the rules page under the in-game rules tab) with further questions or concerns.

Posted Jan 11, 2019 at 3:07 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.