• 992 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6508 Players Online
  • 5516 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Ability to Save Posts?

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by yvuggu, May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi @yvuggu! Thank you for taking the time to make this thread and suggest this idea. To jump right into how I feel about this idea suggestion, as someone who uses the forums regularly and/or on a daily basis, I think this would be an amazing QoL website feature! Like Caleb, I use the forums on a couple of devices and having an archive of saved post would be really useful, especially for help threads in the help Sub-Forum. Currently, there's no quick and efficient way of pulling up a thread you may want to refer back to or recommend to other users. Of course there's the search bar on the forums, and your 'Postings' button on your personal profile, but I would find that having a saved post button/archive would ultimately be so much quicker. In addition, I'm on the same page as Caleb. Sometimes I like to refer to/gain inspiration from other's individual responses. There are at times, when Players/Staff make excellent points, and I find them at most useful for reference/inspiration in a response. I'd agree that having a way of saving post (replies), would be very nice. Having over 700 post on the forums does indeed make it hard to sift through and locate the thread/post I may be looking for. I'm a huge fan of this idea, and hope to see this considered! Great suggestion. +1

Posted May 17, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  2. Hello there!
    I have not been using the Mineplex Forums for a long time, however, I completely understand the reasoning behind this suggestion and I agree that this would be a great QoL feature that would be worth implementing.
    I am aware that bookmarking threads is possible, however, it would be much easier to have all the useful threads in one place and I would love to see this implemented.
    I often come across threads that I might need to return to later and that have information that I wish to keep close in times of need, and your idea would solve both of those issues perfectly.
    I see no problems that implementing this idea would cause, and I consider it to be a great way to improve the overall experience of the website's users.
    Great job for suggesting this idea! +1 from me!
    Have a great day/night!

Posted May 23, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  3. We assume everyone has heard of or has used something in their browser called, "Bookmarks". Every browser has it. Lets you save useful links that you can go back to later. You can even create specific folders in some/all browsers for specific links.

Since you can already save threads/posts via browser bookmarks, we see no need for us to add this. This will be locked as it's not something we will be doing in the future at all as long as bookmarks are around. This will also be marked as not planned. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted May 23, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.