• 967 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9626 Players Online
  • 8659 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ability to Save Posts?

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by yvuggu, May 4, 2021.

1. Title. This includes a Save button under the Report button.[​IMG]
    There would also be an archive for saved posts.

Posted May 4, 2021
    Amg, anna., WowCaleb and 3 others like this.
  2. Hello!
    I actually really like this idea, having a place to save all the threads you like/ use a lot so you can find them easier.
    What I do right now is I just bookmark them, I have a folder of bookmarks for the forums and in my opinion it works the same, but having that concept on the actual website is a good idea in my mind. +1 from me!

Posted May 4, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  3. oh so like a "star a message" function where if u star it it gets put in a starred folder? sure, but if u save a post before a mod edits it would it stay in the original form or would it be in the edited form? same question for if the post gets deleted.

Posted May 4, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  4. That wouldn't be my choice. Because the archives use links, it'll be in the edited form.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 4, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  5. I think this is a great idea!

Also, Tato :potato:

Posted May 4, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  6. Heyo!
    I think this is a great idea! I constantly find myself coming across a thread that I realize I may need at a later date. I think that adding this feature would immensely improve the QoL of the forums, and would make it so much easier to sift through posts that may be important. Overall, a +1 from me!

Posted May 4, 2021
    Fusafez and yvuggu like this.
  7. maybe create files? like instagram you can name some "Funny" "Helpful" or whatever you want

Posted May 4, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  8. Hmm I'm not sure how helpful that would be.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 4, 2021
  9. I consider this a very useful addition that would improve the users' experience on the website.
    It would feel pretty nice to have all the threads that you might find useful, funny or overall interesting in one place without having to search for them every time that you might need its contents.
    I often find myself googling the names of the threads that I need in order to find them, and if this was to be implemented I could just save all the threads that I might need in the future instead.
    Great idea, thanks for the suggestion. +1

Posted May 5, 2021 at 4:11 AM
    yvuggu likes this.

10. I personally would like to see this, occasionally ill refer back to a bunch of threads for referencing information and my chrome bookmarks are getting quite overloaded.
    Would also be nice if we could save individual replies as well, in the event we need to refer back to one and would rather not have to check the entire post to find the reply that's being looked for.​

Posted May 5, 2021 at 8:12 AM
    yvuggu likes this.
  11. If you have 2000 saves and want to find things easier

Posted May 5, 2021 at 8:40 AM
    yvuggu likes this.
  12. Hey!

I'm a major fan of this idea. Sometimes I recall threads I've seen or replied to in the past, and I have no way of accessing them unless I'm using the same browser on my PC I originally visited them on (I basically just type words relating to the thread in the link box at the top and hope the corresponding thread will pop up). I never think of bookmarking them, plus considering I use Firefox I'm pretty sure the bookmarks are saved to the browser rather than the account. I use this website on a few different devices including my phone, so having posts save to a folder somewhere within my Xenforo profile would allow me to access them from anywhere.

As a staff member especially, sometimes I'm looking to refer back to older threads if I need to grab a quick answer to a question. Sometimes I even take inspiration from individual responses to threads, so that's where the ability to save replies would be particularly useful too. We all have those moments where we notice x person has a great line or makes an excellent point, a lot of these stick in my head and being able to save them would allow me to actually revisit them instead of relying solely on memory.

I have over 700 posts on the forums, believe me I've tried to go through all of them before to find a thread (or worse, a post within that thread) and it's a nightmare. A big +1 for this suggestion, thank you for sharing and possibly contributing to making all our lives easier if this is implemented.

Posted May 5, 2021 at 11:33 AM
    yvuggu likes this.
  13. Yeah true
    Actually that's what I was suggesting, saving the post on the thread and not the whole thread.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 5, 2021 at 12:04 PM
  14. This would be neat.

Could just have a saved posts icon next to these
    [​IMG]

There is a "Watch Thread/Watched threads" system that sorta does the same thing, but it's a lot less obvious in terms of usage and ease of access isn't great, not to mention it's not terribly intuitive imo.

Posted May 5, 2021 at 12:13 PM
    yvuggu likes this.
  15. Yeah, it could go somewhere on the profile button(I don't think having a seperate button for it is necessary).
    Mhm, I don't think there's a way to check which threads you're watching though. I might be wrong.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 5, 2021 at 2:08 PM
  16. There is...

profile > settings > watched threads

Posted May 5, 2021 at 2:24 PM
    yvuggu likes this.