• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7620 Players Online
  • 4730 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Ability to dislike posts

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by IAmRuptureReliant, Jun 30, 2020.

?

Good Idea?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Abusive Behaviour
    This has been a rejected idea, but I will try to put reasons and counterarguments as to why it should be added.

Ok, so whenever someone posts an idea and you disagree with it, there should be a dislike button, kind of how a like button works, However, dislike buttons should make your like count go down, and if possible, maybe make it possible to drop to 0. If you disagree with any idea, this would help a lot in feedback and putting your opinion, and it makes it better if you want people to see your opinion when they read their notifications. You also don't have to just dislike, you can put why you don't agree. -snip- So people may say that this would cause groups to dislike spam certain people. I will come to a compromise here and have this only available in Idea Discussion, where it can't really go extreme, and maybe make it so you have to be on the forums for 3 months + have 50 posts so people can't alt, and for being able to do it on forums, it can put the most value there. Plus anyway, people already annoy others with like spam despite being asked to stop (I'm pretty sure people are thinking of this new user who like spams everyone). Some people may also say it may spread hate to others, but if anything it would just show what you think, and posts would probably be just as negative, and it's not that bad anyway. Also, some people will say that they prefer constructive criticism and that disliking will block that. Liking a button can block it too, as you can just like a post, and you can just dislike a post and put why you disagree with the post. So, in summary, I think it would be a good for showing if you disagree with an idea/post.

Posted Jun 30, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 30, 2020
  1. Personally, I am not too fond of this concept. If threads were given a dislike button, it could promote negativity that just isn't needed on the forums. I feel that it is better to write a constructive response on why you dislike an idea instead of just pressing a button.

This way people can improve their ideas based on the feedback they get from the community, instead of just getting a down vote that doesn't explain what people don't like.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  2. Hi!
    In my opinion, a dislike button can send the wrong message to whoever posted the thread. It can result in unwarranted negativity. It is important for people to exercise constructive criticism. I don't believe that pressing the dislike button is a great way to give feedback to someone.

Have a good day! ^_^

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  3. As far as I know, there are plans on removing likes altogether in the next update, at least on walls. On the main forums, it would be beneficial to leave them as it is a neutral ground so it's unlikely that they are ever biased too much.

The entire point of having a discussion here is to voice your opinion and why you disagree constructively, which is portrayed in this thread. Simply saying that you disagree is not enough, so having a dislike button is not going to contribute positively to the discussion. On platforms like Youtube or Reddit, its presence makes sense because they are often used to share various material that someone can either like or dislike, without the need to explain themselves.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Rommel and crackle (gone...) like this.

4. People can also just like a post without posting why as well. It wouldn't really be that negative if it was added, it's like putting up a poll, and people voting no on it, it's not negative promoting much. And couldn't you also just say why you don't like an idea and dislike?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 30, 2020
  5. @Deleted User 8uc2a#0000 Likes exist for a different reason, which is to direct a user's attention to helpful and significant posts. They may also be used when there is an opinion that you support or if someone's post contains everything you would say in your post. This does not need further elaboration. When you express disagreement with an opinion or an idea, you are encouraged to explain why because you aren't otherwise providing any area for improvement.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  6. Post boosting is however a thing which happens too much, and I was a former post booster, and despite being heavily -1'd on all of my trashy ideas, it never stopped me, disliking can serve as a punishment for post boosting kind of as it would negate the amount of likes you have, and you don't just have to dislike, you can post why you disagree with an idea and dislike. And anyway polls can be similar, if you put a question such as "Good Idea?" as I did above and voting no would be like disliking. And also where you said it could direct users to a helpful post, people can like spam people (Yes, people are -snip- enough to like spam ideas when they have no idea what the OP is talking about).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  7. The exact reason why it would be useless. Disagreeing on any matter without explaining your point is an example of a poor quality post on the forums for reasons that have already been explained. The ability to downvote is an even easier means to do so.

Posted Jul 4, 2020
  8. Greetings.

To be completely honest with you, my opinion doesn't significantly change the impact of the subject however I believe it's imperative for me to voice myself with this specific idea. I do not agree with this idea entireley as perfect points have been stating by @Thenorn and other players. I agree when Thenorn states that the idea is specifically useless. Downvoting an idea without a particular response will leave the writer clueless as to why you did not enjoy that specific post.

Furthermore, it's essential that everyone is able to voice their true opinions, that is correct. Nonetheless, I'm sure abusing would go on with this downvoting implement if added. Players must feel welcomed at Mineplex; both new and old, hospitality is key in this community.

Although recent forums posts have been rather dull and inconvenient, I believe it's better to voice your opinion in the reply section and be downright honest. Disliking a post is completely useless and time will be wasted from website developers if added.

Overall, the points above me sum it up for you; I disagree with this suggestion. As I have stated, we must be kind in Forums and of course, the Mineplex Community.

~ ATrue P. Pitato

Posted Jul 4, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  9. We still don't forsee a future with a dislike button. Dislike something? Tell them why so it can be improved upon. I'm also sure you're familiar with this:

As this isn't a thing for the future and right now is almost an auto-denied idea, I'll be locking this. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Jul 5, 2020
    Pitato | ATruePitato likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.