• 1440 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9878 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Ability to choose previous titles

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Enigmq, Aug 26, 2019.

1. I've been thinking about this a lot, however, I haven't actually gotten to posting it. This isn't something that would be a significant change but I do think that a couple of players would like it. The idea is that for example, if you have the Chiss's cat title it would allow you to go back to Mineplex Sophomore. Since titles were first introduced, players would be forced to go to the next title without being able to go back. Personally, this has never bothered me but it did make me wonder why this wasn't implemented. Even though it's rewarding, some people might like the previous tag better instead of the one they currently have.
    Feel free to post your ideas and whether you agree to it or not!

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    TheBlueComet and Yato like this.
  2. It's an inevitable flaw with the current tier system in titles. The higher tiers are supposed to be better, but sometimes the only thing that looks better is the color / animation. For example, I'd much rather have the title "Legendary Treasure Hunter" than "Master Treasure Hunter". With that being said, this change would be a nice touch to titles and one that would definitely be used by the players at some point.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Yato and Enigmq like this.
  3. I don't see a reason for why they shouldn't add this, some players might want a specific previous tag from the collection as it looks better. But I do know that this might actually take a lot of time from the developers and I think that there are better things that they can work on / fix.

Overall I like the idea and would like to see it come in the future.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  4. I definitely agree with this. If you've unlocked a specific title, your ability to access it shouldn't be taken away from you at any point. I think the system could default you to the highest one that you have, but when you click on the title itself in the book and it takes you to the second screen where all of the tiers are listed, you should just be able to click which one and set it manually that way to appear as your favorite. At the end of the day, you've still earned it and should be allowed to use it if you wish.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  5. Personally, I don’t see why not. Players can be able to choose their previous titles after they unlocked their next tier. I know it’s frustrating that after you’d unlocked the next tier, there was no turning back. Overall, I’d feel like this idea needs implementation and a QoL improvement.

Great idea you have! +1

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  6. Would love to see this in-game. What a simple but good idea.

+1
    from me.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  7. I enjoy this idea a lot. I've never understood how come we couldn't have done this in the past. I'm surprised that it hasn't been suggested in the past, but I'm glad that you've brought this idea up to us, and it seems it's already received a lot of positive feedback. I would honestly use other titles that have that upgrading process between them, as I would be able to go back and change to older ones as well. I'm all for this idea, and I think it would allow more unique titles from everyone.

+1 from me for sure!

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  8. Heyo,

First off, I agree with this being added. Now that you have mentioned it, I do find it odd how players are not able to choose past titles if they have unlocked the past tier. I'm sure this was overlooked as (to my knowledge) this has not been suggested to be changed before. Nevertheless, I think this would be a good quality of life change.

+1

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  9. I thought you could do that...

+1

Now I know you can’t I thought my computer just sucked.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  10. Hello!

I really like that idea, it's a rather good change to titles system. I have a lot of title tracks with all tiers unlocked but not always I like what text has the max tier and there can be cases when I'd like to use previous tiers because of better text but currently, I'm forced to use max tier of the track. If it will be implemented, it will really increase the amount of different text for player to use as his title, especially if he has everything unlocked. I don't really understand why it's wasn't made in the original version of titles because it's a really good feature.

Not quite sure but this change most likely will require a big revamping of whole titles system which can take some time to implement but it worth it in my opinion. Titles system is something which never got any changes since the original implementation in 2016, so I guess it's time to update that.

Overall, +1 to that idea.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  11. Hello there!
    I agree that this idea is a simple yet effective idea to improve the QoL on the server. Players may have unlocked previous titles but they can no longer access them because of automatically being boosted up to the highest unlocked tier. I personally am not effected by this because I stay with the same title all the time, but I can definitely see this being helpful to many players who may enjoy changing their title a lot or have lost a favorite title of theirs due to the unlocking of the next tier. Overall I don't see any issues with this becoming implemented, so it's a +1 from me! :)

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  12. Hey!
    I really like this idea, I agree that if a player has unlocked a tier of a title, then that player should be able to display that tier. I feel that this would be a great feature in a QoL update as it wouldn't affect gameplay, but it could make some players super happy! I agree that with unlocking a title, you should be able to display any unlocked tier, great idea, huge +1 from me!

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  13. This is just, ahhhh. This is a really good idea and I JUST LOOOOVE IT. I really want this for certain titles and I have never understood WHY it isn't in the game yet! HUUUGE +1

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  14. hiiiia!!!

I really like this idea! If you have already been able to choose the title before, I do not see why the title should be taken away in exchange for the next tier instead of them being additional, adding on to what you already have. Personally, I would love to see this being added into the server, and I don't see why anyone wouldn't want it added in! There are many players who do not want to use the top tier as their title, and I feel that this would allow them to easily expand their choses without having to open a million chests to find the title that they want. Overall, I really like it!

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  15. Heyo!

I think this would be a really great idea, as some players may not want the highest title. Even though it looks cool, players may want a specific title. I personally use the titles that only have one title in them, so I don't usually use those titles that you can gain cooler titles from.
    Wrapping it up, I think this idea should be implemented.
    Have a good day!
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  16. This should without any doubt be added. The only con I see is there some higher priorities.

+1 this should be added.

Common we need an "In-Discussion" tag over here

Have a good night,
    ~yato

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.
  17. Oh I like this, didn't realize it wasn't already a thing. Good idea, I don't mind it at all. +1

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Enigmq and Yato like this.
  18. I really like this idea, for example I liked to use the title “Cursed” in the past but I ended up getting upgraded to the next rank in the set which was “Accident Prone” I would much rather use cursed than accident prone. 100% a +1 from me, QoL thing but should most definitely be added.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  19. Hey there!

I agree with this. Once you earn something, I don't believe it should be revoked just because you progress further. I haven't had an issue with this as I usually do prefer the higher tier titles, but, I see no reason why you shouldn't still be able to access them. Even though I haven't had an issue with this, I can see why players would enjoy this change. This is an easy +1 from me!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  20. Hello,
    I think this should definitely be implemented. If you unlock one level of a title track, it shouldn't be taken away just because you earn a higher tier of it. I have never personally noticed this, but it makes sense that players should not lose a title by advancing. I see no reason why this shouldn't be added and it seems like it would be an easy fix. Certainly a +1 from me! Thanks for the cool idea and have a nice day!

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    Enigmq likes this.