• 1424 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9862 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

/a working even if staff are not in the same lobby as you

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jman442369, Jul 19, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay this was just an idea off of the top of my head so lmk if this has already been proposed or if you just think it is a bad idea. :D

I was talking with someone on Mineplex and they were asking me if there were any ways to get staff to look at hackers/rulebreakers other than a forum report or someone doing /report. The /report system is only available to Hero+ ranks (Which I understand) and this person was an Ultra with no Hero+ in their game. I think it would be most beneficial to the server if this person could have typed a message into /a and ask for a free staff member to come check it out. I know that you can send /msg to people through lobbies, so I am wondering if someone could implement /a traveling through other lobbies.

This is just a quick idea and I'm not sure it could be terrible.

But I think it's cool. :)

Have a nice day.
    Jman442369

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  2. Hey there,

What you're basically talking about is a staff request system (which already exists) to be implemented globally,

I do believe it will be cool but I see no use in it since it can be abused by rule breakers and hackers who know weather staff are online or not.

For common staff request just use the community StaffRequests (ClansRequest for clans) by doing /com request StaffRequest and when you're approved in, report them via this format: !<target> <server> <rules broken>
    for eg: !Sakeusi BH-2 B-hop / Killaura / Reach

Overall this system would be cool but I see no use in this.

You can also use /report if you're hero+ for the same causes.

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    THELichCA and Glamourized like this.
  3. thanks I appreciate the input, I didn't think about that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Sakeusi likes this.
  4. It's all good, I'm glad I could help you today c:

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  5. I don't think a "global /a" feature would be necessary since something like it already exists. You can use the StaffRequest community to report whenever you encounter a rule-breaker, which staff can then report to your game and deal with the rule-breaker accordingly. Additionally, because StaffRequest is moderated (being able to kick and ban players from the community), it would have fewer spammers and rule-breakers than an easy-to-abuse global /a feature. Thus, it would not be a very good move to implement this idea.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  6. Honestly, I don't think that a global /a feature would be beneficial. For starters, some staff members (like me) have to get online to do sub-team work, in my case, RA. We probably wouldn't be able to concentrate as well if we heard the pings of /a constantly across the server. Additionally, there would be clutter when trying to actually contact a staff member in your lobby. Like others have mentioned, there's also a Staff Request community. I made a little guide showing how to join it. So for now, I'll be giving a -1 to this idea. Good luck!

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  7. Heyoo!

So, like @AceSJus stated above, I really don't think this is necessary, just as there is already a community StaffRequest where you can request a staff member to check out a person who is not following the rules. If you want to become apart of this community, and your not already, then do /com request StaffRequest, I believe this is right, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, using /a globally and all the online staff member's are able to see it, then it would be very sloppy as any staff could /ma the person saying that they're coming, I think it would just be sloppy. So this is going to be -1 for me.

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  8. thanks everyone for the feedback! I have been gone a while and didn't know about theses features. Thanks!

Closed thread

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.