• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A Throwback

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by SuperThePiplup, Mar 10, 2019.

1. SuperThePiplup

SuperThePiplup

Heya!

I was messaged on Discord today asking if I still had someones old batch banner, and I ended up finding stuff from over 2 years ago I made for the staff team, so prepare to feed VERY old after looking at these:

Banner of all the Builders (at the time) heads!

[​IMG]

Banner of the remaining members of the "New Diars Batch" (once again, at the time)

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Kit Kat Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Six Pack Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Better Late Than Never Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Two Heads Are Better Than None Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Sleepy Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Indecisive Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Heavenly Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Grinch Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Bunny Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Chuggington Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Trick or Eat Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Fantastic 5 Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "WowKay Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Daylight Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Squared Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner I Made for Clans Management (at the time)!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Non-Creative Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Return Batch"!

[​IMG]

Banner for the "Now We Are Staff 1 Week Later Batch"!

[​IMG]

And in case you were wondering, no this doesn't reflect upon my newer work. I have improved durastically and even though I am not on this platform anymore I am very happy it inspired me to start drawing again because if it didn't I don't know if I would be where I am today. Hope you enjoy the throwback and sorry for the quality on some of the images :(

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  2. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Ahhh! This brings back my memories that you created the banners for most of the Trainee batch buddies! I still remember that old banner of our batch buddies that we got accepted since January 29, 2016 too. I do not have anything to say regarding the artwork you did 2 years ago, but it still looks perfect!

Overall, I think that you did a fantastic job!

Posted Mar 10, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  3. darkmeen

darkmeen

Hi!

Whoa! This reminds me of the time when I was a Trainee. I see myself in the “Daylight batch” banner. I changed my skin, but still.
    These are great banners and I definetely see that you put a lot of effort into creating them. You did a great job!

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  4. Holy wow, you made these?? That's insane! I've always seen this style on YouTube Cover Photos, Video Photos, and on things like the Skin Packs in the Bedrock Minecraft store. ^^ How do you make this, is it a modeling program or am I thinking too deep? I've always been curious.

Cheers!

Posted Mar 11, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 17, 2019 at 3:52 PM
    Troyyy likes this.
  5. BaconAnEggs

BaconAnEggs

Heyoo!

Wow, these really are a blast from the past! I remember all the new Trainee batches having one of these, and I was always impressed. I really like your art style, and how unique each banner is. You're a very talented artist! Thank you so much for the trip down memory lane, it's nice to see these banners again!

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  6. SuperThePiplup

SuperThePiplup

The program I used to render them out was Cinema 4D, then edited them afterwards in Photoshop. And for the one drawn banner I believe I used Photoshop to draw it but now I just use Paint Tool Sai.

Also thanks for all the nice comments, I dislike how they look personally but I am glad people enjoy them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 11, 2019
    sweetneopolitan likes this.
  7. Wanderer

Wanderer

Cute as heck

Posted Mar 12, 2019
    SuperThePiplup, Troyyy and darkmeen like this.
  8. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Posted Mar 12, 2019
  9. Brcdy

Brcdy

hello gamers zzz

Super, thanks for the banner from a year+ back. I still remember from the times. I actually got this :,), I still really love it!

good night streaks

Posted Mar 12, 2019
    SuperThePiplup and Vocaloiid like this.
  10. Luvli

Luvli

Oh my I love these!!!

I don't even know where to start. It's such a special moment when you get accepted, and so to be able to have a banner like that to commemorate getting accepted alongside people that you end up growing with, is so so special.

I only got accepted a week and a half ago, and so seeing these banners almost brought a tear to my eye. It expresses that pure joy and gratefulness you feel with your batch buddies. We all love Mineplex so much, and are so dedicated to it. Literally I don't even have the words to describe how amazing your work is.

The best way to put it, is that it is a memory. It's a memory of your batch, of your time being accepted, of the beginning of your journey and a reflection of how far you've come. It commemorates something more than just a group of people - it really makes you feel happy looking at these.

It's funny too because we named our batch 'The Fantastic Four' and I see now that there was a 'Fantastic Five'. I love our name though because there are four of us, and three boys one girl. Honestly having a banner like this would be so so amazing, and would constantly remind me of this amazing moment in my journey.

I think it's super cool for you as well, to be able to go back and reflect on old work to see how you've improved. Honestly, I'd be interested in seeing some of your newer works if any! I know they'd be different to what you did here, but still would be very lovely to see!!

Thanks for sharing such special memories with us, honestly it was very nostalgic and I quite enjoyed reminiscing on the past for just a minute in time :)

You are extremely talented as well, never stop doing what you're doing!!

From yours lovely
    Sarah | Luvli

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    SuperThePiplup and xOeuf like this.
  11. Zipppo

Zipppo

Ahh these are all adorable! can't relate to having a batch though. (crying)

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    SuperThePiplup, xOeuf and Sven like this.
  12. Jeapordizes

Jeapordizes

This brings so many memories. I really like the name "Sleepy Batch" I am always sleepy and it defines my life lol..

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    SuperThePiplup likes this.
  13. Sven

Sven

You didnt need a batch because you were THAT iconic

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    SuperThePiplup and Zipppo like this.
  14. SmokingIsBad4U

SmokingIsBad4U

Lol back we go to the OG days! I love the artwork! I feel sad. Nostalgia is really sinking in! Anyone else?

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    SuperThePiplup and xOeuf like this.
  15. SuperThePiplup

SuperThePiplup

I am SO happy you all really like this thread of my old banners :,)

Since you asked about it, here are some of my newer works that I am a lot happier with, I mostly draw now but still do occasional graphics! (though I can't really show the graphics due to a lot of them having media on them)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the one I am most proud of...
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 9:19 PM
    SmokingIsBad4U and Luvli like this.
  16. *insert “Married Life” song here*

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 11:40 PM
  17. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

You seem to go a bit overboard here on how much people love the server and not really her art, also why are you randomly bolding each end of the sentence?

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 1:50 AM,
    Last edited Mar 15, 2019 at 2:26 AM
  18. Luvli

Luvli

WOW.

These are INCREDIBLE!!! I can 100% tell how much you've improved over time, and I love the last one you made as well!!

You could totally be an animator, I could see you animating movies and little cartoons, you would be amazing. I'm always inspired by others work and you have really inspired me!!

Thanks again for sharing these with me, I love every single one, you have so much talent, and it goes to show how much practise can improve one work.

You went from outstanding, to absolutely brilliant.

Keep up the amazing work!!

From yours lovely,
    Sarah | Luvli
    --- Post updated ---
    Actually I was referencing my batch and how much my batch loves Mineplex - we are all so dedicated to it. It wasn't super clear, but that's what I meant haha. Also, if you read the whole post, I mention how much I love the work, also how special it was, and how it really makes you feel joyful and nostalgic - I even mentioned just how incredibly talented they are!! I really only referenced that we love the server and are dedicated to it once - which is very true - but yeah.

Also, I like bolding things in the sentence everywhere. It just makes things look more dynamic, and you can look at things that, to me, are worth reading.

One last thing, what is the point behind critiquing another's comment on a really amazing post? There is really no need for it. I can comment what I like, and say what I wish. I would very much like to be free to speak my mind, and create a post the way I wish, without someone critiquing it in a very unneeded manner.

I'm pretty certain as well that SuperThePiplup enjoyed what I had to say, which is evident in her above comment. Plus, I loved looking at the newer art, and you should have a look too if you haven't already. It's quite lovely!

Just want to say thank you again for your comment, and I hope you have a wonderful day!

From yours lovely,
    Sarah | Luvli

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 7:40 AM
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  19. stryze

stryze

SuperThePiplup, and Enjin OG! I didn't know you still hang around here :')

Anyways, really sweet work. It's such a throwback seeing all of those old batch names and faces.. :cry:

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 8:17 AM
    SuperThePiplup likes this.
  20. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

It's entirely up to you to take it in a constructive way or not. It was just a suggestion to avoid doing that. If we could all speak our mind there would be absolutely no need for staff, we'd be breaking rules and saying whatever we want. However that is not the case. So no, you really can't speak your mind.
    I actually DMed Super on Discord after I made that response and told her I meant it in no way against her art. She understood. I've commissioned her a few times in the past and I've loved every piece she's given.

Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 9:30 AM