• 148 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3252 Players Online
  • 3104 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A Thought on "Well-known Forums member" & "Active Forums member" Titles.

Discussion in 'Website Ideas' started by le Brownie, Sep 16, 2021.

?

What do you think?

1. It Needs to be changed.

33.3%
  2. Its fine, doesn't need to be changed.

66.7%
  1. Hello

Im writing this thread to express my feelings in regard of the 2 titles, "Well-known Forums Member" & "Active Forums member". To start off I want to say that theres a way I believe the title Active forums member could be improved. I feel like the way you are supposed to achieve the title just doesnt feel appropriate for its name. To achieve the title "Active forums member" you must reach a number of 500 posts, but this doesnt make sense because somebody could just reach 500 posts and get the title, and then go inactive. therefore making that "Active" part in the title false and therefore misleading people. Also, I feel like making posts doesnt make you "active" it just makes you popular.

my thoughts on well-known forums member. Yes, I like it. I think the way you are supposed to achieve it makes sense and is appropriate for its name. If you make 1,000 posts then Im sure you will be popular among the forums... You will be well-known. it makes much more sense than Active Forums member.

If changes would ever be made, I would suggest that a more reasonable method for achieving the title "Active Forums member" should be established.

This isn't a hate thread, I've just been thinking about this for the past week or so, and decided to make it. Im just expressing my feelings about the 2 titles and adding some suggestions on how they could be changed.

good day.

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    aiirr and CatFan105 like this.
  2. even if the title requirements were changed so that u have to actively make posts, people could actively make posts/get the title and then go inactive
    thus having the same "issue" u are describing here

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    le Brownie and Cloudy like this.
  3. Hmmmm

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  4. this change would improve mineplex

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    le Brownie likes this.
  5. thoughts on what to change it to though?

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    le Brownie likes this.
  6. Somewhat-known forums user just doesn't sound the same
    Although yeahiwould agree that well-known should stay (im still rather proud if that)

Posted Sep 16, 2021
  7. I dont know, what do you think

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  8. u are the one who has been thinking of it for the past week or so, how do u not know

Posted Sep 16, 2021
  9. I like the idea of new titles, but changing "Active Member" just for the sake of changing it doesn't really make too much sense to me. I think either: leave it alone or do a full revamp. You could argue "well known" shouldn't be defined by posts, instead of followers too. But it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to change it, it's a cosmetic title.

It'd be cool to have a similar system to the ingame title system where you can choose one.

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    le Brownie and aiirr like this.
  10. Hey! I could see some sort of change being made to these titles to make them more fun/rewarding for those trying to achieve them. I personally don't see an issue with the Well-Known Forum title, however, I can see your point regarding the Active Forum User title, as this might not be necessarily true for those who have achieved this title. I think rather than having these two titles altered, we could instead break it down to possibly 4 or 5 different ones? Similar to the titles that we have on Java for specific achievements such as the Leveler or Perfectionist titles. Seeing as though they have multiple tiers after achieving a specific amount of something, this could also be applied to forum post amounts.

The Java titles are exactly what came to my mind after reading the original post, so maybe also allowing users the option to choose between titles that they have already earned, so it is a bit more customizable if they prefer one over the other? I can't think of any title ideas off the top of my head right now, but if someone else has any ideas I'd love to hear them! Or maybe hear some ways that these titles could be spread out based on the number of forum posts someone may have. Just a little thought that I had, but I look forward to seeing some more opinions on your idea.

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    le Brownie likes this.
  11. Interesting idea tbh

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    le Brownie likes this.
  12. The discussion/ideas of changing the titles themselves or what even counts to get those titles in the first place has been brought up at least once a year. Last year it was discussed and had a poll on it in the MCC Discord. The outcome was,
    "so what i got from this chat was that
    people agree with #2 and want it to be some form of posts and time needed on the forums, but not too much for the time based requirement so its not so wacky looking
    we can change the titles to also go along with system #2 so no one is considered "active" when they arent."

Honestly, at this point, I kind of just want to remove them instead of adding on any more titles/editing current ones or what counts for them. They don't do anything so there's no reason for us to really consider doing anything to them. I'd personally much rather just have a "Member" tag and that be that.

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    le Brownie and aiirr like this.
  13. Yeah I kinda agree, though I don't think it's something that needs much attention. Pretty sure I qualify for both titles and I havnt been active in months.

Posted Sep 17, 2021