• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10161 Players Online
  • 7271 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A small, updated, introduction.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CustomName, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Ey, nice to meet you all. I did an introduction just under a year ago, but my situation and life has changed dramatically since. So, let's get into it...

Hey, I'm CustomName also known as 'Custom' and 'Matt'. I've been part of this community since 2013, however I don't tend to play Minecraft much anymore. I'm from the United Kingdom, and I'm 18 years old. I am just about to start my undergraduate degree, where I'll be doing a bachelors of science in Geography to hopefully take that on to stop naughty people doing naughty things (however, in this case more saving hundreds of lives).

Currently, I do a lot of things related to social media. I own a YouTube channel, called "CustomName" where I do Discord-based content which has since amounted to over 50,000 subscribers which coincides with my Discord community (unrelated to my channel) with 70,000 members. I also work at a record label, called "RadiantBass" which is a sub-label of a larger music organisation - I mainly focus on the YouTube channel side of things with a team of a couple others. RadiantBass has amounted 250,000 subscribers, which is crazy, although the music we created hasn't had the reach it once had - the channel still amounts hundreds of thousands of views weekly. In reality, "CustomName" is my main focus these days with hopes of eventually getting a silver play button with my own name on it.

Aside from education, and work I also have several hobbies. I cycle almost daily, have hours towards a private pilots licence and love motorsport. I also love travelling, and have travelled to quite a few countries (but not as many as I hope to in the future). Aside from that, that's me.

Pop me a message if you have any questions, or if you remember me and want to catch up. :)

Posted Sep 7, 2020
    chrvssy, Dallarth, Legend998 and 6 others like this.
  2. Hey Custom,

I believe we have some past DMs and I saw you yesterday in a lobby. It's great to see your introduction and I wish you the best with your YouTube career!

I hope to see you in-game once again!

~~

Posted Sep 7, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  3. Hey Custom!! It's great to see you posting another introduction, I don't think I've read your past one, so now I can say I know a lot more about you. I feel like we used to play sometime in the past, maybe around 2015 or something, can't really remember that well from that long ago though ahaha. Sounds like you have a really interesting life, good luck with your future aspirations, and hopefully, you get that silver play button sometime in the future!

Posted Sep 7, 2020
    CustomName and GAM like this.
  4. Hello Matt, I know we played some Draw My Thing together quite some time ago. I knew about your RadiantBass channel but I am just now learning about your CustomName channel. I will definitely be watching some of your videos and best of luck in getting your main channel to 100,000 subscribers.

Posted Sep 7, 2020
    CustomName and Ruffybear like this.
  5. Hey Matt!

Haven't spoken in a while. It's good to see you on the MP forums! We've not played MP together afaik however we've spoken on Discord quite a lot. Anyway, hi and good luck with getting to 100k subs!

Posted Sep 8, 2020
    CustomName likes this.
  6. Going for PPL I see, that's really cool! How many hours do you have towards it so far, I think it's 60 hours flight time needed if I remember correctly?

Posted Sep 8, 2020
  7. Thanks for all the lovely comments!

I have around 11, so not too many- but Covid has slowed everything.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 8, 2020
    affinity0 likes this.
  8. Nice introduction! Nice to meet you and I've watched you for quite a while now, keep it up!

Posted Sep 8, 2020
  9. Hey Custom!

I do recall seeing your previous introduction thread, but as it was so long ago I can't really remember too much about it, so it's nice to get an updated thread about yourself!

It's awesome to see that both your personal YouTube channel, and the YouTube channel owned by the record label you work for are doing extremely well. I'm sure you will earn that silver play button in no time!

Your personal life also seems pretty interesting. I've always wanted to travel around the world, but due to it being pretty costly and the way things are right now with the pandemic, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Hopefully in the future, though!

I wish you the best of luck with everything else you plan to do in the future. I'll see you around!

Posted Sep 8, 2020
  10. Hi Custom!

It's awesome to see your new and updated introduction! It was awesome to get to know you with this thread. I've seen you around quite a bit, and I'm glad I learned a little bit more about you. That's so awesome both of your channels are successful, I'm really happy for you! I am not a huge on travelling, but I was supposed to go to Canada and Hawaii before COVID-19 happened, so hopefully I will reschedule those trips after the pandemic calms down a bit. I really enjoyed reading your introduction and getting to know you. I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully see you around!​

Posted Sep 12, 2020
  11. Nice to see an updated introduction, I wish you good luck on your geography degree in the future. It's also really cool to hear that you're going for a pilot license, I assume you're just interested in flying smaller planes, rather than airliners?

Posted Sep 14, 2020 at 12:07 PM
  12. Hey! Its so cool to get to know a bit about you. I think that it is awesome that you have been able to earn that many subscribers, it is one of my far-off goals to someday start a youtube channel. For exercise almost every day I cycle on a stationary bike, because there is a lot of smoke outside and it is convenient. My cousin is also trying to gain his pilots licence, I would absolutely love to fly a plane. I'm glad that you introduced yourself, and I hope you have a great day!
    -BadgerInASuit

Posted Sep 14, 2020 at 1:30 PM