• 261 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2840 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A Small Guide for Mineplex Advent Calendar 2019

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by PlebKingdom, Dec 6, 2019.

?

Was this guide helpful?

Poll closed Dec 26, 2019.
  1. Yes! Definitely!

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Ehh, could use a little more info (Or did not provide any new imformation)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hi all! I thought that some may have a little trouble with the Advent Calendar for 2019, so I decided to make a simple little guide to it. If anyone has any more tips or tricks on a day or two, feel free to post it down in the comments, and I may add it to the main post. I will try my best to keep this guide up to date daily, although school is always the priority.

What is the Advent Calendar?
    Just in case you have not heard of this little xp scheme, the Advent Calendar is a list of 25 challenges that you can find in the 8th hotbar slot in the hub. It is one of the two challenges in the lobby for the Christmas season, next to the present hunt in the lobby. Each day of December at 12:00 AM US Central Time (CST) until Christmas, a new challenge is revealed. To give a little extra incentive for completing a challenge daily, a small bonus is awarded to people who complete the daily challenge before the end of the day. Each challenge gives small amounts of loot (2000-3000 xp, 1500-2250 treasure shards, and 1000-1500 gems). Since the challenges usually take 5-10 minutes for the average player, the Advent Calendar is the perfect way to gain some loot for the holiday season.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Day One
    [​IMG]
    "Agent Plebby reporting in for an assignment."

This day's challenge is simple enough. To complete the first day's challenge, you will need to talk to one of Santa's Little Helpers. This particular helper is stationed right at (X, Y, Z) -3, 77, -71, right behind the gladiator lobby minigame. He should be next to an enlarged version of the Advent Calendar. To speak with him, all you need to do is right-click him. ~1 minute

Day Two
    [​IMG]

10 haunting photos taken moments before disaster

This challenge is slightly trickier. Instead of a lobby mystery, it needs you to win a game of snow fight, one of the holiday minigames returned for the season. As a terrible player of the game itself, I am in no position to give you any advice, but the best bet at winning is playing with a party of friends. Random players are sometimes hard to communicate with. The best kit in my opinion is sportsman, as it gives you a lot of mobility with its snow jump, but your opinion of kits may vary over what type of player you are. Sportsman are more aggressive in their playing style, due to their mobility. ~5-10 minutes

Day Three
    [​IMG]

Agent Plebby is armed with his hoe and wonders which career he should end next

Since I used to be an avid paintball player, it is no surprise I found this challenge quick and easy. The challenge is to win a game of paintball while on the frost team. My first tip is to queue for frost immediately after the map vote ends. Paintball is a fast-paced game in which you try "paint" enemy players with paintballs. The game is very fast, so even if you lose a game, you don't waste much time doing so. Personally. my favorite kit is rifle, which can two-shot players, but many paintballers prefer shotgun, another kit that takes a bit more skill to play, although, again, your playing style can dictate your choice of kits. ~2-5 minutes

Day Four
    [​IMG]
    "Dancing is the only way to express the happiness from winning a skywars game."

In my opinion, this is the worst challenge. I am not the best fighter and am quite slow at collecting items. This day's challenge requires you to win a game with the ice kit. The ice kit gives you the "Ice Bridge" ability. Right-clicking the ice block in your inventory will activate the ice bridge, which makes a lengthy bridge out of ice to wherever you're aiming at. I am not a great skywars player, so my advice may not be amazing, but my strategy is to grab a better sword and some armour from your first chest with some blocks, and immediately use your ice bridge to the nearby islands and bridge to the middle. Then again, some may consider themselves good at skywars and find this challenge easy. ~10 minutes

Day Five
    [​IMG]

#SelfieWithTheThief!

Day five's challenge should not take long at all. The challenge asks of you to find a stolen pile of presents somewhere in the hub, which is a little misleading in my opinion. To complete this challenge, you need to speak to the Christmas Thief. He is located in a small cave holed up at the bottom of the island with a house on top of it, just past the snake parkour start. His coordinates are (X, Y, Z) -69, 69, -107. To talk to him, all you need to do is right-click him.~1 minute

Day Six
    [​IMG]
    *Ominous Machine Gun Sounds*

Day six's challenge is to play a game of Super Smash Mobs with the Snowman kit. Before you become impatient and just void four times in a row, I can say that, in my experience, that does not qualify as a completed challenge, so just try to play the best you can, and you will complete the challenge and may even get a win. Super Smash Mobs is a game that has four people dueling as animals (Four teams and eight people in the "Team" mode). You have unlimited double jumps in most kits, and the snowman kit is now exception. My advice is to jump around while attacking enemies occasionally. If you get knocked off the islands, use ice bridge, one of the snowman's abilities, which is similar to the ice bridge on skywars, and you may be able to double jump back into the fight. If you lose all four lives, you lost the match, but as long as you tried, you will get Day Six's challenge done. ~2-10 minutes

Day Seven
    [​IMG]
    "Who says agents can't hang out with friends? I sure have heard none of such people."

This day's challenge should be simple enough. The challenge asks of you to complete one Christmas-themed build in the game Speed Builders. At the moment, there are quite a few Christmas-themed builds, ranging from elves to a stained glass representation of the northern lights. Speed builders tests agility and memory, but the first rounds are lengthy and Christmas builds always pop up here and there. Some sneaky tactics are peeking at others' builds and, yes, even taking a screenshot, if you cannot memorize a build. It may take a little practice, but this challenge will be simple once you spend a little time getting used to Speed Builders. ~2-5 minutes

Day Eight
    [​IMG]

Agent Plebby is Armed and Dangerous, waiting for an unsuspecting player to fall under his wrath.

This day's challenge asks of you to throw four snowballs in Survival Games. Pretty straightforward challenge. How I completed this challenge is by running as far away from the middle as possible and looting outlying chests for snowballs. I have also found out that the Snow Fight taunt participates toward this challenge, so you can complete this challenge just by taunting. ~10 minutes

Day Nine
    [​IMG]

"Shoo! Shoo! Be gone, vile thugs!"

Day nine is an exception. Instead of being a small challenge that should be quick and easy, it takes a while and is quite tough without a good team. My best advice on playing is to play with a party, so you can communicate better and can rely on your teammates. For game advice, you should probably mobs if you can just run right past them, like the spider rocks present, or the skeleton mine present. On the cobblestone barrier stage, do NOT get the present before you clear a path, unless you want to be absolutely hounded by those nasty spiders. On the bridge stage, where you fend off mobs while Santa slowly, slowly fixes the bridge, target creepers and skeletons, as they do the most damage (I get that zombies do a lot of damage too, but let's be real, they're pretty easy to dodge). While fighting (SPOILER) Evil Carl, bow him down in third person, so you can see if you get red grounded or monsters come to get you. ~20-40 minutes

Day Ten
    [​IMG]

"Merry Christmas from Agent Plebby!"

This day's challenge is fairly simple. All you need to do is find Morgan Freeman, a wither skeleton hidden within a hub cave (And a famous actor), and type in "Merry Christmas" into the chat while standing next to him, no case sensitivity. Morgan Freeman can be located at roughly (X, Y, Z) -15, 65, 130, past the giant Mineplex logo in the hub, and past the snowflake islands. He is found within an igloo on a faraway island filled with penguins. ~2-5 minutes
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I will try to be consistent with my updates, but you can probably expect my daily guide up at 5:30 PM CST on weekdays, and 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM CST on weekends. Thanks for reading and I hope this guide helped you!

Extra Info:

- Present Hunt Guides:
    Marzie's Present Hunt Guide (Coordinates)
    DivinePegasi's Present Hunt Guide (Video)
    Completing these will give 1 omega chest and the "Feliz Navidad" title

- Screenshot Schematics:
    Badlion SC, Badlion 360 Degrees Perspective Mod

Posted Dec 6, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 10, 2019
    2f0, Rebellious917, Klobby and 2 others like this.
  2. Nice guide! I'm sure many people will appreciate it. One question, what time EST will you post the next challenge?

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  3. Thanks for the guide! I'll definitely need it as I've missed a few so far due to work. This was a really clear and simple guide and I really appreciate you linking others' present guides for the Present Hunt rewards. It would be awesome if (maybe in the future) you could add a few pictures for things like the day 5 challenge. I think it would just give a bit of pizazz to the guide! Other than that, I really appreciated that you included information on the general area of certain challenges along with the coordinates.

Keep it up. :)

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  4. thank you!

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  5. I always love these guides, it helps a lot of player's who are struggling with these challenges tips and guidance. I haven't done the advent calendar yet myself so this post is a great introduction and guide into it. Thanks for this OP

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  6. help, my challenges arent completing for matchmade ones like super smash mobs

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  7. Maybe you should take this to the "bugs" section of the forum.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2019
  8. ah yes my bad, i didnt realize you had to wait til game end

Posted Dec 7, 2019