• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10293 Players Online
  • 7403 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned a SERIOUS problem with comp account bans

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by AtLeastYouTried, Jun 1, 2020.

?

do you think comp account bans should get infinite appeals(or at least more than 3)

1. yes

20 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. no

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Try Discord? I know Toki is active on there.

Posted Jun 11, 2020
  2. toki did reply, she told me to tell wanderer about it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  3. You should probably try to contact an admin and explain the situation to them.

Posted Jun 12, 2020
  4. i tried to contact wanderer(the one in charge of appeals), but he didn't reply

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 12, 2020
  5. seriously is there any other way to contact wanderer? seems like he doesn't check his conversations

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 14, 2020
  6. so is this happening or not? if it's not, just close this discussion. why does it take the admins forever to decide on an idea that is not revolutional lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 18, 2020
  7. Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to create an idea and share it here on the forums; unfortunately, this idea is not planned at this moment in time. You bring up several points, so I want to go through them and explain why things are what they currently are.

This is not entirely true. While your IP might fly across the country, it is not the reason you're going to be banned for compromised account. When people hack on loads of compromised accounts, often times they will do it on an IP that is matched with an accelerated and/or VPN. If your account shows up under this IP, it will be marked as compromised since there is no way to determine the compromised accounts from the non-compromised accounts.

I spoke with an Administrator regarding a situation like this, and I want to pass on the information that I was given:
    We have Anti-VPN in place on our network to prevent as many VPNs/etc from connecting to the server as we can. However, no system of anything is perfect. Because of that, if you're found to be on a VPN/accelerator, you're using it at your own risk. We do not take responsibility of what happens since we have informed you that it is not allowed to be used on our network. For this reason, you might see similar things happening as to what I mentioned above with loads of hacking bans and your account getting flagged.

I'm confused where you heard this. Appealing compromised account bans is not a reason to be network banned. Sure, if you continue to send in appeals after being told to stop and perhaps perform actions against staff members dealing with these appeals such as harassing them, you could be network banned, but simply appealing compromised account bans is not that reason. Network Bans are issued by the Admin+ team, and they are able to create new reasons over time to give out a Network Ban, but just appealing these bans (which the ban screen says to do) alone without doing anything else is complying with what we are asking you to do, change your password and appeal in the end.

I disagree here. At the end of the day, the security of your account is the responsibility of the account-holder. We shouldn't have to make it so that people can be irresponsible with their account and continue to get unbanned as many times as they want; that just does not make sense and would severely increase the amount of work the Forum Ninjas already put in to their demanding tasks. The appeal system is already very forgiving, offering you three separate chances to get unpunished.

They most definitely do appeal their bans for compromised account. When I was a Forum Ninja, we received loads of people appealing compromised account punishments, and I can only imagine that this has gone up considering how things have changed internally. Even if the amount of players who deal appeal their compromised account punishments is much lower than the amount that don't, it still is not a justifiable reason to let people appeal punishments for this offense as many times as they want to.

I understand that we do have moderators that can help moderate chat and issue out bans, but if the accounts are compromised, we are going to permanently ban the accounts until they can get back into the hands of the person who legitimately owns them. Only doing mutes and 30/40 day bans is not going to get the account back to the owner, especially since they'll need to wait out that ban instead of just being able to change their password and get back to playing.

I am sorry for the situation that you have been put in due to the systems we have in place. I do hope you understand that they are only here to help protect the entire network and get rule breaks off when needed. Our intention is never to make players upset or angry; we want everyone to have fun and play games with the people that they care about.

Posted Jul 2, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.