• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6794 Players Online
  • 3904 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned a SERIOUS problem with comp account bans

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by AtLeastYouTried, Jun 1, 2020.

?

do you think comp account bans should get infinite appeals(or at least more than 3)

1. yes

20 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. no

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yes but like web accelerators are for one specific server and not multiple servers. It is a reverse proxy.
    Also as its name says, a web accelerator is for web and not gaming.
    Are you talking about "gaming" VPNs?

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  2. yeah if that is what this thing is actualy called

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 2, 2020
  3. so uh I just posted a poll it would be great if you vote

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 4, 2020
  4. Hey!

As annoying as it is, you should generally try to avoid using any sort of VPN on Mineplex. If you are unaware, an 'anti VPN' system was introduced in June 2019 with the goal of preventing the use of VPN's on the server. The reason for this implementation is to 'limit the amount of damage that can be done by malicious users abusing our system.' For more information about this, you can check out this thread. Although I understand your internet speeds will be significantly slower it is less risky to just switch off your VPN and play on your regular IP address. I hope this helped you out :)

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  5. if I don't use a gaming vpn I cannot open quick compass or walk around or attack or place blocks.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2020
  6. pretty sure you've had 300 ms before, right? it isn't so bad. but that is NOT the situation for 2000 ms. your packages won't even arrive.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2020
  7. I know, it sucks. I live in Australia so I can definitely see where you're coming from. However, I doubt that Mineplex would allow more than three appeals for compromised accounts especially when this anti VPN system is in place. I suppose it's just a matter of whether you would rather risk your account or play with bad internet unfortunately :(

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  8. looks like you don't know what im talking about. it is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE for me to play mineplex without a vpn.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2020
  9. also, I don't think the tool I use is a vpn. it just reduces your ping when you play Minecraft.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2020
  10. 2000ms is impossible, I get 250ms on AU servers from NA and I have unreliable, slow connection speeds. Still, I think mineplex should let you keep playing since you have a specific valid reason for using a web accelerator, and they need to be able to bend from their rigid rules

Posted Jun 7, 2020
    AtLeastYouTried likes this.
  11. thank you
    also I actually get 1100 to 2000 ms. I am on the opposite side of the earth, and the internet conditions aren't that good

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2020
  12. I would contact a RC member directly and explain the issue. They should understand your situation and hopefully allow an exception.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  13. I have messaged wanderer, but its been 5 days and he still hasn't replied

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2020
  14. an admin told me that "Using accelerators and VPNs are not allowed on Mineplex and are considered use at your own risk" so he's basically telling me whitelists are not happening, and the solution is to not use a web accelerator. well bye mineplex

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 8, 2020
  15. IF they give comp account bans infinite appeals, I can still deal with it. it doesn't take long to make an appeal. but if they do not then ima go to hypixel.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2020
  16. actually i think what the admin said is reasonable. whitelists are a bad idea. but is there A SINGLE reason for comp account bans to only get 3 appeals?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2020
  17. I was just playing then at 4000ms and I manage to play through immense lag. Going here and complaining about this issue for 2 weeks isn't changing anything. I recommend contacting a RC about this. Go to Hypixel if you want...

Posted Jun 8, 2020
  18. the only reason I am still playing mineplex is ssm. I have contacted RC members, but its been 2 days and none of them had replied to me. btw, what game did you manage to play with 4000 ms? I have 1000-2000ms and I can barely leave spawn or open quick compass.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2020
  19. If you actually had 4000ms you wouldn’t even connect to the server or even if you did you would be frozen in the lobby, you’re proabaly meaning 400ms

Posted Jun 8, 2020
  20. I get from 200ms up to 4000ms

Posted Jun 8, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.