• 376 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6653 Players Online
  • 6277 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A serious post about Bow Spam

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by HeckBound, May 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Bows have been in blockhunt since... Probably day one. Most of the best players weren't even around then. However over the years the bow has been a very overpowered tool. One can simply draw it back for a split second, let it go, and send 5 more in the span of a few seconds. This is bow spamming. Bow spamming has lead to a lot of toxicity in the community over the fact that it is an *unfair tactic* against someone in no armor. This opinion is my own, but many others share it. Of course, there are those who would keep it allowed and there are those who would want it removed. But how can you remove such a thing? Its just a different way to use an essential weapon. I propose the bow be removed from block hunt, not just the hunters but the hiders too. There are two sides to this opinion and you can't give them both what they want. So why not just not give to either and remove it entirely? Its only fair

Posted May 17, 2020
    Thunderer4215 likes this.
  2. I really don't think the bow is that overpowered. Its high risk with not that much reward. I have personally never seen a bow actually kill a decent hunter. I have seen bows kill hiders before. Although, if you can stay hidden (which is the point of the game) then the bows shouldn't be an issue. For hiders using them against hunters, I think they help with getting away from hunters and do the perfect amount of knockback. Again, I have never seen a decent hunter die from a bow, as they are not that hard to counter. I personally think they balance out the game and I would not want to see them go. I'm going to have to give this a -1.

Posted May 17, 2020
    Fallen, Astai and 0775 like this.
  3. While I get your point that its not as overpowered against hunters, its extremely overpowered against any cornerned hider. You can just pull out your bow and theres basically nothing they can do without a lot of luck/skill. Fair points though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2020
  4. Guys
    I agree the bow is a very popular weapon and should be replaced with taser hunter

Posted May 17, 2020
    CZArkolan, mab8400, Mr_Ant87 and 5 others like this.
  5. Dear HeckBound,
    This is a sincere letter from your friend DC.
    I understand that you have died to hunters bow spamming their bow.
    And now you must bring upon the forums your "truthful" idea.

Here's the fact of the matter: get gud.
    Know that the most damage from the bow has to be fully drawn back, which can take more than just a split second. Use this time, if you have ultra/hyper axe, to strafe them with your speed boost.
    And if you have speed axe, well either accept your fate, or just try to fight back.

Welcome to BH, where bow spamming is at it's prime.

(lol I know this thread is a joke, but I wanted to type a somewhat genuine response)
    P.S. taser hunter should get a nerf it's way too overpowered

Posted May 17, 2020
  6. I Get most of what you said but one thing
    taser hunter buff 2020 SPAM IT

OP OP
    okDamien likes this.
  7. I would agree it's rather obnoxious when a hunter who vastly out gears you opts to bow spam instead of actually fight, but at that point imo you've already failed to hide so you should be dead anyways. It's also one of the only good hunter tools to counter shocking hider, especially for people who are mediocre at pvp/aiming so I don't really think it should be removed. That said, I wouldn't be opposed if a hunter kit was made specifically to have a bow and the other kits didn't have one.

On the hider side of things, the bow is necessary to upgrade the axe so that whole system would need to get reworked if the bow was removed. I also don't really see an issue with it as a hider because you really aren't going to be able to kill or even hold off a hunter for very long with a bow. I think the bow is fine as is.

Posted May 17, 2020
  8. Fair point! I like the idea about a bow kit, that would definately be better than removing it. Fair point! eE

OP OP
  9. ty i thought it was a good point too!11!1

Posted May 17, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  10. Hi there !
    I highly agree with all that has been said! Taser hunter is a good kit and the bow should stay in block hunt!
    I. Am. A. Mineplex. ETERNAL !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted May 17, 2020
    JAKE///, VoidNnja and Steven190 like this.
  11. thats very eternal. i see the word eternal on it

OP OP
  12. I do agreee a lot!!!!!

Posted May 17, 2020
  13. The bow should be replaced with stacks of eggs and snowballs.

Posted May 17, 2020
  14. The power of taser is unparallel, why play leaper when you can play this game breaking kit.

Posted May 17, 2020
    asfhjjsnx782$e likes this.
  15. This is a joke thread please remove it. There have been many joke threads made in the past few weeks and it's getting old.

Posted May 17, 2020
    mab8400 and SpitefulNick like this.
  16. Oh my god I agree stop with the jokes because it’s getting old!!!!

Posted May 17, 2020
    CZArkolan likes this.
  17. I disagree. The only time I see a hunter actually dying to archery is when 3+ hiders are shooting at it at the same time. Considering you can deal with it using leap anyway I don’t believe it’s an issue.

Posted May 18, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  18. theyre talking about hunters, not hiders

Posted May 18, 2020
  19. Please explain how bow spamming is not a problem in block hunt. Any competent hunter knows all of the good spots, can use radar to find unusual hiding spots (as well as infestor spots), and can bow spam you to death if you try to kill them. Anyone who is half-decent with the bow can easily kill any hider due to the close proximity required for a hider to kill a hunter. It is almost impossible to strafe because of the close proximity, even when you smokebomb at this range it is still fairly easy to predict where you are. As a hunter you don't even need to fully charge the bow, you can simply half charge the bow and combo the hider to death with arrows (they do not have enough time to strafe because of the knockback). Yes I know there are some maps in which bow spamming isn't an issue because you can avoid hunters fairly easily; for instance Atlantis [a map which should be removed or changed], Nakoji, Pirate Island, and Frozen Outpost. However, the maps which favour hunter's far outweigh those favouring hiders [Vineyard Mills, The Museum, Hidden Fields, Spadazlin' Springs, The Market, Thames Square, Riverwood (Yes, there are a few good tree spots, however, any decent hunter knows these spots), and Mesa Village [Confined, Shadowed Amazon, Desert Village, Eclipse town and Lylinore Forest are also favourable for hunters, however, not to the same extent as the maps previously mentioned]. Consequently hiders have frequent interactions with hunters and the only way they can win is to 'juke' the hunters repeatedly in order to win, I understand my reply discusses a collective of issues, however, bow spamming is at the heart of the problem. If bows were removed at least hiders could have a chance to win, on decent hunting maps, as they now have a chance to actually kill the hunters (assuming there is a new system implemented for upgrading the hiders axe, for instance hitting the hunters with axe could perhaps upgrade the axe). I believe that before/as they implement such a change, however, they would either need to buff the TNT Hunter (perhaps adding in a throwing TNT ability), or change/replace the Taser Hunter kit with a class better suited to dealing with mobs of chickens.

Possible critiques of this perspective:

C: "Well why don't you just go hunter if it's so unfair?"

A: Well yeah, nah, yeah, nah. It would be great if I could, but because of the UUID system I cannot, and many others cannot, even make hunter queue on Atlantis let alone a half-decent hunting map.

C: "Well than why don't you just move lobbies on bad maps or against good hunters?"

A: Because its boring to sit in a parkour spot against players who barely know how to play the game. Further, why should certain maps be unplayable for hiders? All maps should have a fair chance of winning for both hunters and hiders, or if there is an advantage it should not be so great that is is impossible to win as either a hunter or hider.

C: Get Gud

A: Try using your axe and we will see how 'gud' you really are, or even better go hider and lets see you kill me (you can even have hyper).

I know this will make me look like a massive sweat but IDGAF its quarantine and I have nothing better to do.

P.S. I'm sure there will be someone complaining "BBut IsNt InstAntT HidER BroKEN???", so I will also briefly address this topic. Unless you are talking about instant hider on Atlantis then no I do not believe instant hider is broken for as outlined earlier the majority of maps favour hunters; meaning they either do not have any good spots, are very open (and thus hunters can easily spot you if you are running), are very small, or have a combination of these factors. This means that the majority of the six minute game you will have to run around the map avoiding hunters. You only have three smoke bombs, and as outlined above it is incredibly difficult to kill the hunters (to regain smokebombs) because of the bow spamming issue. Thus, I would hardly call three smokebombs overpowered, especially when you are usually being hunted by 15 or more hunters.

Posted May 19, 2020
    asfhjjsnx782$e likes this.
  20. If the bow damage is such an issue and not its spammy nature, nerf bow damage in itself. Instant, swapper, and infestor all got projectile projection boots in the most recent update to my knowledge, so that was a small nerf to now damage. I honestly don't see it as a huge issue, and I've played both hider and hunter about the same (300 wins each) and I haven't found bowspamming as a huge issue like it is in other games. Hiders, you're supposed to use your axe for speed and Regen, run from the hunter that's bowing, and wait until you can pop out of a corner and melee them, so in a sense "git gud", but I wouldn't mind it taking an extra bow hit to kill, instead of the 3 it is now.

Posted May 19, 2020