• 322 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4511 Players Online
  • 4189 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A semi-solution for solo cake wars

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Forte, Dec 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. So we all know that there is an interest for a solo mode in cake wars,
    but the main problem being that adding a new mode would dilute the other 2 modes of its players

Well what if we didn't need to add a entire new mode, and instead just combine it with duos.
    Theres been many times I'm playing duos by myself and I would just rather be solo instead of having a teammate drag me down.
    Thats where solo queue comes in

Imagine youre in the cake war duos waiting lobby and after the map vote a sheep queue pops up called solo queue
    If youre the first to queue and the games starts with 11 people, there would have already been a solo team anyways so you would be put on the solo team instead of it being randomized.
    Say the game starts and everyone has a teammate this time, but then a person quits before the game officially starts, you would then get switched out with the person who just became solo (maybe there could be a pop up message for the other player like "would you like to switch to orange team/players name" or something like that)

Now for another way it could be used potentially, it could get messy but idk
    Say solo queue sheep pops up and 3 people queue to be solo in a game with 13 people, that would make 10 people wanting to be duo and 3 people wanting solo.
    So when the game starts there would be 5 duo teams and 3 solo teams, equaling 8 teams.
    Even if it was 16/16 players and 4 people queued to be solo, that could make it 4 duo teams and 4 solo teams
    I feel like that could put a whole new spin on things
    maybe even make it so if youre solo, things in the shop are cheaper for you

lmk if any of that made sense lmaoooo

Posted Dec 5, 2020
  2. how would that be fun

Posted Dec 5, 2020
  3. Hey, I understand the point you're trying to make with this suggestion however I feel it would make the entire system a little too cluttered and might be confusing to newer players. If some variation of solo cw was to be added, I feel as if it would have to be it's own gamemode to avoid issues with unfairness/complexity.

Posted Dec 5, 2020
  4. Good idea! I agree on your plan and on a solo cw mode in general, in Bedrock too.

Posted Dec 5, 2020
    Ryan9116 likes this.
  5. Bedrock has the player base to support a third cakewars mode. If they want solos just add a separate mode for bedrock

Posted Dec 5, 2020
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  6. Posted Dec 6, 2020
  7. I love the idea, but it eventually would not be a fair game. If there are 11 qued for the game and you want to be solo while everyone else is on a team, it wouldn't make sense. This also does not give the player a guarantee of being solo.

The one thing about having the games separate is the guarantee of playing alone. I think that the server should wait until the demand for cake wars duos and teams increases, but also the number of ques of nonparties. This way the server can track how many people are in the queue without a party, showing the demand for a solo player version of cake wars.

I love the point of view and ideas that you have on this issue, but I feel it wouldn't be fully effective.

Posted Dec 6, 2020
  8. I like the idea, but I feel as if it's a bit complex and unfair. Solo players will have a much lower win-rate than that of a solid Duo's team. I think that perhaps it just need's it's own solo mode instead of a combined mode. In Duo's, one person can rush mid and one can protect base. Or perhaps, both of you go get side beacons. A solo player leaves his/her base wide open whenever they go to achieve tasks in game. This would result in easily being able to destroy a solo player if the duo team is somewhat competent at the game.

-n2l

Posted Dec 8, 2020
  9. I love the idea!

Posted Dec 10, 2020
  10. I like the idea. Hope it gets added one day! :)

Posted Dec 10, 2020
  11. I love this idea, it'd help out cake wars a lot of it were implemented.

Posted Dec 11, 2020
  12. i guess im just built different

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 12, 2020
  13. thnx guys <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 12, 2020
    Gardening_Tool likes this.