• 2845 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12999 Players Online
  • 10154 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A replacement for smash crystals

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by jjzdragon, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Here are facts we know:
    1.There is something known as a kit level that hasn't been worked on for a long time
    2.Smash crystals are broken and unfair

Here's my proposal to fix this:
    When a kit reaches lvl.100, it will gain a slight buff. You do have to buy the upgrades with gems like in skywars. Maybe 30k?

Here is the full list:

Skeleton
    Roped arrow will pull you with a higher velocity

Iron Golem
    Will jump higher with seismic slam.

Spider
    Needler will wither instead of poison (This probably won't change anything much because they do damage at the same rate, just that wither can kill)

Slime
    You will leave a small trail behind you (represented by slime particles) that will inflict slowness I if a non-slime player touches it

Enderman
    Blinking through enemies will cause 1 damage

Sky squid
    Ink shotgun will inflict blindness for 0.5 seconds

Creeper
    Your explosion while lightning shield is active deals 5% more damage and launches you at a higher velocity

Wolf
    Hitting someone with wolf strike will inflict the enemy with slowness I for 0.5 seconds

Magma Cube
    Magma blast will set the block it hits on fire

Snowman
    Players in your arctic aura will be inflicted with slowness I

Witch
    Daze potion draws from a number of random negative effects instead of just slowness. These effects last for a maximum of 1 second with the exception of poison and wither which lasts for 1 to 2.5 seconds

Wither skeleton
    Wither skull inflicts wither for 1 to 2.5 seconds

Zombie
    The more damage you do, the longer bile blaster lasts. 1 damage adds 0.1 seconds to it while a kill grants 0.4 seconds Caps at a bonus of 2 seconds.

Cow
    The angry herd will now travel for 1 more second

Skeletal horse
    Deadly bones will slow enemies for 1 second

Pig
    Energy +15%

Blaze
    Inferno energy +5%

Chicken
    Chicken missile will seek out targets for 0.5 seconds after the initial launch of the missile

Guardian
    Has a 20% chance to inflict 1 damage when attacked by a melee attack

Sir. Sheep
    Hitting someone with wooly rocket will cause them to be set on fire for 1 second

Villager
    Sonic hurr affects all sides instead of just the front

Posted Nov 19, 2018
    maksitaxi likes this.
  2. "Sky squid
    Ink shotgun will inflict blindness for 0.5 seconds "
    Holy snap, i know that you tried to restrict how powerful it was by limiting it to 0.5 seconds, but that would be so annoying...

Posted Nov 19, 2018
    Crash and muted like this.
  3. Now whilst I like your ideas, my one question is: Can you even level up kits anymore?

Posted Nov 19, 2018
  4. Jam
    x

1. Yes you can, it's just not shown live for players to see. They didn't remove the system they just prevented it from being seen.

2. In no way would this be fair at any kind of level. This means automatically players who have level 100 kits have an advantage against those who don't also a lot of these buffs aren't even small. And game balance wise this wouldn't even be fair. You would be better going for cosmetic unlockables but Mineplex won't bring back kit levels so...

Posted Nov 19, 2018
  5. I'm going to have to disagree with this. Unless we get a ranked mode where you get paired with people of your skill, then this won't be fair. Newer people will be screwed over, while people who are good will dominate even more so than they do now. Although, here are some changes to your ideas -

Iron Golem - While this would increase the mobility of the move, it's actually a bad thing. That means it takes more time for you to land, for the seismic slam to actually activate.

Slime - I could see this as being relatively useless.

Enderman - Again, relatively useless. If it does knockback, then maybe it could be used for gimping but even then, it's only 1 damage lol.

Wolf - With how far wolf strike sends you, I don't think you'd be able to take advantage of half a second of slowness lol.

Magma Cube - K i n d o f useless.

Witch - You underestimate poison and wither. It's true damage. I'm guessing its poison/wither 1 but even then, it's true damage (Which to my knowledge is a guaranteed full heart)

Wither Skele - Again, it's true damage. Poison effect is already annoying as is.

Cow - Herd's distance has never really been an issue. I don't see this one being useful

Pig/Blaze - Be a bit more specific. Is your max energy increased by 15%/5%? (100% --> 115%/105%) or is the rate at which you gain energy increased by 15%/5%?

Chicken - I only see this messing people up more than helping if you think about it.

Guardian - Plz no RNG. The last thing this game needs is random chance

Village - This sounds extremely overpowered.

Posted Nov 19, 2018
  6. My answer to level up on kits, hell no, we don't need some of these kits to be more irritating than they are now

Posted Nov 21, 2018
  7. Simplest Solutions to Smash Crystals: SHOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE WHEN A PLAYER HAS 1 LIFE REMAINING.
    SHOULD ONLY TAKE A MAX OF 1 LIFE FROM A PLAYER

you shouldn't be able to use the smash crystal to kill a guy twice @Enderman @Skeleton Horse

Posted Nov 21, 2018
  8. Jam
    x

Na SSMGI agreed that from now on anyone who uses the crystal in a match no longer comes first. They auto lose once they used the crystal and the person who came second who probably would have come 1st, now comes 1st

Everyone's happy. Crystal scrubs get to use there 'fun' smashes and the 'haters' get to keep there wins and not lose to poorly constructed unbalanced and unfair gameplay advanatages
    :omegalOL:

Posted Nov 21, 2018
  9. Oh boy, this is a long one. SirInHueman did truly sum it up. most of those buffs really do sound pretty useless. The other big problem i have with this is that some kits have better buffs than the others, making it slightly unfair to others, and also newbies who don't know how to play and will get rest by any buffs the better players will have. Maybe this is why they removed kit levels in the first place?

Posted Nov 21, 2018
  10. Yeah but that's sort of the same boat with crystals. Some kits have OP crystal abilities and then there's some that have trash ones such as Zombie. So if the issue with the 'buffs' that he proposed is that some are better than others then the same goes to the crystals which is another reason people do not like them

Posted Nov 22, 2018
  11. No, no, no, no. I'm 100% against giving perks for GRINDING a game, no matter how tiny. It's the sole reason I hate the other server's Smash-game so much (alongside spamspamspam), and all the PVP games on that server in general.
    The only advantage a player should have is their own skill. Not their kit being better than others, nor perks for grinding a game for hours upon hours upon hours. It's not fun, AND it's a stupid way to reward players.

Posted Nov 22, 2018
  12. Yeah I'd be down if there was something. Even particle effects would incentivize me to attain a lvl 100 kit.

Posted Nov 23, 2018
  13. Kit leveling was put on pause a long time ago. I would love to see them start on development for it again though.
    --- Post updated ---
    So I think for the most part I agree with this thread.

Posted Nov 23, 2018
  14. Cosmetic stuff is fine by my book. Something that affects gameplay, is not fine, even if it's as tiny as regening an extra half heart every other minute.

Posted Nov 24, 2018