• 314 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7023 Players Online
  • 6709 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A questionn about Tier Lists

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by AnInnocentLlama, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Hey guys, I am just here with a casual question to spark a discussion between the competitive side of the SSM community: Who would you guys consider top tier/bottom tier?

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    Mitchy likes this.
  2. Assuming you mean kits, this tier list is a tad outdated, but SSM GI voted on a mob tier list and this was the result.

[​IMG]

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  3. S - Enderman, Wolf, Squid
    A - Creeper, Sheep, Zombie, Wither Skeleton, Spider
    B - Cow, Horse, Blaze, Slime
    C - Golem, Pig, Skeleton, Witch
    D - Magma Cube, Villager, Guardian
    E - Chicken, Snowman

Posted Sep 15, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 2, 2019
  4. Spider is IMO the best kit
    Other than that, Wolf, Enderman, Slime, and Zombie are all incredibly solid RN
    Guardian and IG are pretty dang good too, but can be a little harder to really get into.

I'd say the worst kits rn are probably Chicken and Squid, maybe Villager / Maggie as well? They have options, but they struggle to really capitalize on them for the most part, or the mechanics that make them somewhat good arent too hard to get around

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    AnInnocentLlama and AvroVulcan like this.
  5. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2018
  6. Isn’t tiers based of how many people plays that certain kit... -_-

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  7. No, its based on how good a kit is if played optimally

Popularity is completely separate from how good something is

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  8. Jam
    x

That tierlist was created with data compiled from matchups, posts and votes, stats and discussion from like 85+ of the best players. It was also created by multiple people and it was referenced off multiple lists to sort of "remove the bias". That's probably the most accurate non-bias list you are going to get today.

At the end of the day, tierlist are subjective and everyone has there own experiences so not all of them will be the same and of course overtime the tierlists undergo change. In saying that, if you just made a tierlist purely on your own and called it "viable" then it would never be as good as one created through multiple players with multiple subjective optinions and it wouldn't be as effective at addressing the key importances of a tierlist.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    AnInnocentLlama, Crash and AvroVulcan like this.
  9. Creeper is a great kit to get into. Requires being able to get close and attack quickly while avoiding damage as much as possible

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  10. I am surprised to see Creeper that far down, actually. Used optimally, it is a force to be reckoned with.

On personal opinion only I'd recommend to swap Guardian and Creeper's places.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  11. Why is chicken at E? I don't play ssm that much, but when I do I always die to chickens!

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  12. Might I ask how long ago that chart was made? Because if there has been an SSM update in the time after that chart was created it is outdated (and therefore invalidated) in some regards, making it not that useful at all.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  13. For the tier list you guys should have like
    S+
    S
    A
    B
    C
    D

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  14. Chicken has 3 armor- by far the lowest, and Chicken also has the lowest attack. Its movement is good, but not particularly unpredictable. Once you learn to deal with its small hitbox and build the discipline to not run into Chicken Missile, Chicken is a much, much less threatening kit.

This was right after the most recent patch IIRC, and while opinions may have changed in the time since then, it is largely correct.

The whole A tier is pretty good. S tier is like, 'this kit is legitimately broken', where A+ and A are the kit being incredibly solid or borderline broken.

Creepers recovery is very easy for a number of kits to deny, and that holds Creeper down.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  15. Jam
    x

The list started production around late Feb and was finished and released around early March this year. Any update afterwards is minor enough that it doesn't affect the chart in a way that forces any changes. Generally after every major update there is a refresh to the list. But in previous years people have been slack with it.

And also the reason it goes S+, S, A+, A, B & C is because the S+/S and the A+/A generally have close match-ups and are the most arguable in position. Also not including A+ would mean that Iron Golem and Slime are on the same line as like Creeper or sHorse, which they shouldn't be because they have far superior match-ups and dominate the meta more forcefully than what those other ones do. It's more or less about organised positioning and leaving enough gap that you can juggle positions but also keep it factually correct when it comes to those positions. Like as an example, Enderman isn't far from Zombie or Spider, but it's far enough from Creeper that it sits well in its listing. Witch is low enough on A+ that its no where near Zombie or Spider but also isn't close to the bottom middles like Sheep or Blaze. If Witch was on the A line with no A+ existing it would be "close" to Creeper.

When it comes to the letter listings, they can be categorised differently however. For example you can create an entire list around Spider being the best class and all other classes ranks are dictated on how well they beat spider or what match-up advantages they have. Just depends on organisation etc. But many people love the current format I designed it in, and I don't really think its necessary to change it unless a major update happens.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
    AnInnocentLlama and Crash like this.
  16. Finally there is a real tier list! I remember the days of the community tier list so it's awesome to see the real deal.

Could someone explain of Iron Golem and Blaze? Iron Golem has gotten nerfed/unchanged several times so it's kinda wierd to see it at the top. As for Blaze, it has a fast recharging long distance recovery that deals good damage on hit with a long lasting hitbox so what factors bring it down?

Posted Sep 28, 2018
  17. This tier list has been around for a while.

Iron Golem has been consistently good for a long time, and while it has remained unchanged, several other kits it struggled with have gotten changed.

Blaze just has limited range and armor

Posted Sep 30, 2018
  18. Iron Golem has never been a standout "OP" class I think ever, but it's at least been consistent.

I'd personally place it further down just because it is too easy to combo into the void with its slowness, this is enough to outweigh its perks in my opinion.

Posted Sep 30, 2018
  19. Tier lists are based on competitive moves and how they work if I am not mistaken. The Spider and Zombie are solid (I'd say) for the majority of people, but for me I just cannot play those characters for the life of me. I have always played the Chicken and Wither Skeleton, and they're solid for me (as of last time I played SSM).

Posted Sep 30, 2018
  20. Potentially, but it can also potentially 100-0 combo most kits if the opposing player screws up.

Posted Sep 30, 2018