• 854 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6084 Players Online
  • 5230 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A question

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ImNotYousuf, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Hey there, I would just like to ask something related to the server. How is the hacker situation? I remember years ago, this place was hit hard by the killaura users and now I want to know how the situation with them is now. Is it still the same?

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  2. Well, the main place I see hackers is in the Gladiators game in the main hub. But other than that, I have only ran into one last week. And that was in SSM. But idk about other game modes, but I think the hacker problem is not as bad as it used to.

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  3. You can find more closeting level 100's than blatant hackers nowadays

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  4. We're constantly finding ways to improve our anti-cheat along with many other solutions in-game to help with the problems at hand.

I'd say it has improved a lot :)

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  5. Interesting. I remember coming to java mp for the first time and there were hackers who did not get banned.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2021
  6. There are two categories of cheats.

Firstly, you have blatant cheats. This includes bunny-hopping (walking around the map at incredible speed), kill-aura (this'll be the player block-hitting you while mostly teleporting around you), and anti-knockback. These cheaters will easily be banned by staff and some get automatically detected by GWEN. Usually, they are players on throwaway accounts. To me, these aren't as obnoxious as the next category...

Secondly, you have closet cheats. These are hard to detect, but through experience and practice, you'll start to find patterns in combat against these users which shouldn't exist normally. For example, modified knockback (either through an autoclicker or a knockback modifier client), increased reach (quite hard to detect small increases) and other minor tweaks to the vanilla game. I would compare these cheats to steroids in a sport. They can be detected through some tests but in the midst of a game, they aren't usually detected (by GWEN).

Closet cheaters are usually a high level, and use their cheats to gain an advantage on other high level players, usually resulting in a toxic environment. They are also difficult to ban for long, since most appeals are accepted by staff.

---

Posted Jan 13, 2021
    jacvb and nottodisappear like this.
  7. There aren’t as many blatant bhoppers and when you see one it’s usually fairly easy to get them banned via the staff request com or /report. Sadly, the server is infested with closet cheaters that can usually go several months without being banned.

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  8. I love the spirit!

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  9. I think it depends on what type of hacker you run into. If you're talking about the blatant cheaters, those usually get banned reasonably quickly (either by the anticheat or by a staff member). These can be numerous depending on the time of day and what game you're playing, as one game can be more hacker-infested than others.

If you're talking about closet cheaters, it's a bit of a more interesting situation. These cheaters turn on cheats that are harder to detect and often times these cheats are only bannable by QA, so they are dealt with at a much slower rate. It's unfortunate, but every server has players that use some form of closet cheating. It's just the reality.

Currently the anticheat has no dedicated developer which is why it can seem bad at times. However, once it gets a developer, hopefully we can see some updates that'll reduce the hacker problem significantly.

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  10. I remember a flyhacker not getting banned at all.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2021
  11. The way GWEN bans people at times is through banwaves. So their hack is detected but they are banned a while later. This is to prevent people from realising exactly what triggered GWEN and then altering their clients to just about not trigger it.

If you find someone that is hacking, you can always /com join StaffRequest and request for help there, go to Lobby-1, see if there's any staff, and use /a <msg> to inform them of a hacker, use /report (not very reliable though) or report them on the forums at mineplex.com/reports

Posted Jan 14, 2021
  12. Personally, I haven't really been seeing a lot of cheaters on Mineplex for the time that I've played.
    I don't think that there are a lot of cheaters if you consider the amount of players on the network, however, if you do come across a cheater there are many ways to deal with the situation and report them so that they are punished accordingly.

1. The Staff Request community - You join this community by typing /com request StaffRequest and waiting for a staff member to either accept your request or deny it. There are some basic requirements that you need to meet in order to join this community, which include but are not limited to: 24 hours of in game time (you can check this by looking at your global stats using the /stats command), no severe recent punishments, and other.
    Once you've joined the community, you can report rule breakers by, firstly, entering the community chat with the /com chat staffrequest command, and secondly, reporting rule breakers in this format: [IGN] [Offense] [Server in game (for example, SG-5).
    2. Using the /report command. The correct way to use this command is by typing /report [IGN] [Offense] and choosing the correct option in the GUI that pops up once you use the command.
    3. www.mineplex.com/reports - Before making a report, make sure to read through the reporting guide which can be found here: https://www.mineplex.com/report-guide/ and also make sure to include appropriate evidence when making a report. Screenshots (uploaded to an imagine uploading website such as imgur.com) should be sufficient for chat offenses whilst for most hacking and gameplay offenses you should record video evidence and upload it to Youtube, inserting the link to your Youtube video as evidence in your report.
    4. You can also report rule breakers in the Mineplex discord (that you join by clicking on this link: discord.mineplex.com ) in the #report-players text channel.
    5. Rule-breakers can be reported by going to Lobby-1 when there are available staff members (and most of the times there are) online that you can communicate with by using /a [CHAT].

Hopefully this was helpful.
    Have a great day/night!
    - Petar

Posted Jan 14, 2021
    Jylie and Fusafez like this.
  13. Heyo!

I remember a few years back when hackers were controversial, they still are now but not as significant. They tend to play in skyways and cake wars most of the time. As @Hilly said about level 100, most of them closet, and tend to implement anti-kb most of the time. Hackers have decreased over time, because of Mineplex experience, and time over the years, meaning most of the hackers are permanently banned, or either applied and got accepted. Hope this helped :).

-Justin/Ghost

Posted Jan 14, 2021
  14. Thanks for the input, guys! The original reason as to why I asked was because I learned that the hackers figured out how to bypass gwen leading to this server falling. I wanted to see if I could become a mod and help out in permabooting those that bypass gwen. I'm still thinking.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2021
  15. The only permanent bans that are given are for second offense of stat boosting, inappropriate name/cape/skin, inappropriate builds after repeated offenses, compromised account, bot accounts, network ban, or repeated instances of inappropriate gameplay.

Bypassing a punishment will only give the account a Severity 1 ban. So, as a Moderator you will never be perma banning anybody for any reason other than what I said above (and a lot of those can only be handed out by RC/Admins anyways).

For anything to do with GWEN, Quality Assurance members take care of it.

You shouldn't aim to join the staff team with the sole reason of punishing rule-breakers. You won't get accepted. Recruiters are on a lookout for staff members that have other goals and are passionate about the server. Punishing is just a part of it but should never be your main idea. Especially if you want to help with GWEN; you need to be a Senior Moderator on Quality Assurance and even then that is not the only thing they do on the team.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  16. I'm pretty sure he means banning hackers who continue to hack despite the anticheat.

And, @ImNotYousuf I think it's great that you want to help improve the overall experience for community members by decreasing the amount of hackers and rule-breakers on the network! There's nothing wrong with wanting to help the community grow in that way, and you can be passionate about enforcing server rules and be accepted as a moderator as far as I know.

If you're interested in GWEN in particular, you might also look into becoming a developer for Mineplex at https://jobs.mineplex.com/.

Posted Jan 15, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 15, 2021
  17. They're Severity 3 - that's 30+ days, not permanent (different for GWEN)

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  18. hackers be like
    we are a problem
    staff team be like
    ok cool

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    anthxny likes this.