• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion A New Way of Getting More Players and Keeping Hackers Out

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jaekub, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Jaekub

Jaekub

When a player gets banned from Mineplex, that decreases the number of players on Mineplex. I have an idea of a way to retain these players and have a little fun as well. :>

Here is my idea:

Some kind of Prison/World that hackers are sent to after they are banned. This place is accessible by legitimate players and they can leave as they want to and fly around the world. Hackers, however, cannot fly around (unless they have fly hack) and must stay in the world until they are unbanned or work off a punishment. This keeps players on Mineplex and gets rid of hackers. It's a Win-Win!

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  2. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

Make it so hackers all play with each other. I love this idea but I already know staff will turn this down. Lol

Posted Feb 3, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  3. Fall

Fall

[​IMG]

Posted Feb 3, 2019
    xOeuf and Jaekub like this.
  4. ppancake

ppancake

This literally copies -snip- (another server).

Posted Feb 3, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Feb 6, 2019
  5. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

Who cares this is awesome

Posted Feb 3, 2019
    ppancake likes this.
  6. Jaekub

Jaekub

This isn't a copy. If so, Mineplex copied Bedwars from another server so why not this?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 3, 2019
    NothinButNet36 likes this.
  7. ppancake

ppancake

How is this not a copy. Go to -snip- and get banned. You’ll see

Posted Feb 3, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Feb 6, 2019
  8. Jaekub

Jaekub

Still, I think this would be fit for this server.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 3, 2019
  9. ppancake

ppancake

I don’t. All of our hackers use alts anyways. We’re giving a bunch of hackers the option to (1) still play a game-like thing on mp, and (2) have an option to get unbanned and hack again. If you care enough (doubtful), appeal.

Posted Feb 3, 2019
  10. Sven

Sven

This is definitely an interesting idea but I have a question: what is the point/value added in having this "prison world"?

The reason why we ban hackers, as an example, is because they have violated our rules and we do not want them on our server in any capacity. To have a prison world where hackers would be sent defeats the purpose of the ban as they are still on the server in some capacity. By having this feature, I do not think it would deter people from using hacks if they know that they will just be sent to this world.

Overall I'm not a huge fan of the idea but nevertheless, I appreciate you taking the time to suggest it.

Posted Feb 3, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 3, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  11. leon[fxnki]

leon[fxnki]

Hey!

Interesting idea but im going to have to disagree on it. I don't think that this is necessary, it's just adding more work and problems for developers to make something that's not even necessary for the server. Nobody wants to play with hackers or go to another world, if they're punished let them be punished by not being able to join, however at the end they'll get another alt account and just hack on other account. If you think that this is the reason of mineplex's falldown of the players its not. And as @Pancake_7 // ppancake said up there, it's really same idea as MunchyMC server's. As you already probbably know mineplex doesn't want to be accusing of copying. I've scrolled through the comments aswell and I saw someone wrote that Cake Wars is copy of Bed Wars, it is, but its slightly changed and it has diffrent playstyles, diffrent "thing" to destroy and many other stuff...
    Keep poasting and have a nice day:gwen:

Posted Feb 6, 2019
  12. Fqultless

Fqultless

This is not the best approach. -1

Posted Feb 6, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 6, 2019
  13. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

A “ban” usually means a disallowance to participate in or visit something. On Mineplex it’s no different. We ban hackers to get them off the server - if you break the rules in that way the punishment is that you aren’t allowed to be on the server at all. This wouldn’t be the most logical idea to implement, as it would essentially defeat the purpose of banning them.

Plus, I don’t really think it’s worth the time to implement. Mineplex has other things that it needs to worry about and although hackers are one of them, I don’t think that this idea is the best way to deal with it. We don’t want the server to be populated with hackers. Keeping them on the server isn’t the best approach.

I appreciate your idea, though, since you want to help improve the player count. It’s an interesting idea, I just don’t think that it’s worth it.

Posted Feb 6, 2019
  14. Fqultless

Fqultless

This would put a lot of stress on the server, as well as a lot of work on the devs so -1

Posted Feb 6, 2019
  15. This would take tons of work and i don't really think it need to be added

Posted Feb 6, 2019
  16. Interesting, but not something many people including I would really want or need.

But the creativity is sparkling.

Posted Feb 6, 2019
  17. Giglitz / Glitz

Giglitz / Glitz

I get and love the motivation to try and come up with ways to increase the player count. But if our way to do that is allow hackers on the server, it's just gonna be a -1 from me. Paving the way and making exceptions for hackers just isn't the way to go about it.

What we should be focusing on is how to increase player retention so players not only stay longer, but keep coming back.

Posted Feb 6, 2019
  18. Pixusman

Pixusman

And I shall sing about that second realm
    where man's soul goes to purify itself
    and become worthy to ascend to Heaven.

Ok stop

Although it seems to me to be a really interesting idea, I am not sure about its applicability on Mineplex. As others already pointed out above, this "purgatory" already exists in other servers, tho these are smaller, which means easier to moderate. Moreover, it would require Devs to work for it, then yes, you are actually keeping players in-game, but is it worth server-resources?
    I'm not completely negative about this idea... Maybe reworking it a little you can get something out of it.

Posted Feb 6, 2019
  19. _H2O

_H2O

I believe this has been suggested before and was rejected. The main reason is because we don't want to put in a lot of development for a system to accommodate for those who break the rules. If you choose to hack and ultimately get banned, then that's what you deserve. Personally, I don't think a "prison" system would be much punishment for a lot of players (mainly because I love prison game modes on other servers and would find it really fun) and they'd quickly work their ways back onto the server. I feel like someone could just come online, be banned by GWEN for hacking, go into the prison area and continue to hack, and just get right back on the server. I'm assuming the system you are suggesting would be automatic because it would be very hard to moderate otherwise. That wouldn't be fair to our players that do play fairly. Removing players from the server is the only way to stop an overload of hackers in my opinion. IP bans are already in the works for those that use excessive alts and I think that will be more effective than anything that we have done before.

Posted Feb 6, 2019
  20. Well this is basically what i was trying to mean, while it had to be put into alot of work, not only it will delay way too much project that we have waiting for, so i will go with -1 here, but it is a good idea to go with other servers, but it is not that good

Posted Feb 6, 2019