• 3386 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12783 Players Online
  • 9397 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A new (Or added on) Ability for Squid

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by tbearawsomeman, Nov 15, 2018.

?

Which ability do you think is better?

1. Neptune's Curse

37.5%
  2. Poseidon's Blessing

25.0%
  3. Neptune's Command

37.5%
  1. Dear Readers,
    I feel that the squid kit while very versatile with high knock-back attacks and Fish flurry able to flush out campers, deserves a little bit of an Ability, so I have two ideas that fall under the same kind of...concept.

Suggestion 1: Poseidon's Blessing: If you use Fish flurry on yourself you can regenerate a max of 5 hearts(Edit: I feel that since it would do damage AND heal, it could be used to just heal yourself.)
    Suggestion 2: Neptune's Curse: Ink shotgun will do more knock-back the more health you have (a max of 250%)
    So with that being said, I'll take any suggestions/feedback you folks have!

Thank you for taking a look at this!
    New Idea: Neptune's Command:Using Fish Flurry, every time you hit someone you gain speed 2 for a max of 5 seconds, and when you're on low health , you deal up to 380% kb. (KnockBack is normal until your hearts start to deplete.)
    -tbearawsomeman

Posted Nov 15, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 18, 2018
  2. :happyt3::happyt3::happyt3::sigils::sigils_down:

Posted Nov 15, 2018
  3. Hello,

I'll send it over to Game Insights.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Nov 15, 2018
  4. Neptune's curse seems to be much more balanced compared to Blessing. However, I feel that Neptune's curse could be even better if it was vice versa, meaning the less health you have the more knockback you do. That way, in the beginning of a game, no squid can just ulta knockback someone like a chicken or magma. Also, it would go better with the theme of it being a curse. Having it vice versa will make it still useful, as a way to quickly escape trouble by sending enemies flying.

Posted Nov 15, 2018
  5. Hmm, Cool Ideas people!
    So for Neptune's Curse I could: Deal a max of 250% knock back when at half health or less, with the ability to regen a max of 3 hearts when you use Fish Flurry.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 15, 2018
  6. Posideon's blessing would be way, way too powerful. Even if the cooldown of fish flurry were to increase to 1 minute, I still think it would be too much. I'd say, maybe Max of 2 hearts from that, still too powerful maybe.
    I think in general the idea for this ability isn't very good, as it encourages a more passive and campy playstyle. I think a better idea would be that it gives him speed 2 for a couple seconds or something.

As for Neptune's curse, I agree with the others that it should do the opposite, the less health you have it deals more kb. Maybe make it so it deals less kb than it does now if you are above half health, in full health dealing almost no kb, at half health it deals the same kb it does now, lower than half health it deals more and more kb, at half a heart dealing like 350%.

Posted Nov 16, 2018
  7. Hmmmm, How about this: Neptune's Command: Every time you hit someone with fish flurry, you can gain speed 2 for about 5 seconds and heal a max of 2 hearts, but you do less knockback the more health you have, and when below half health, deal a max of 375% kb.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2018
  8. That sounds much better imo, I'd say either the healing or the speed though. I think the speed would be better, because why would you have an ability that makes you deal more kb the less health you have, AND an ability that heals you? Doesn't make much sense, don't you think?
    Thinking about it again... Maybe it's not as bad as I thought (sacrificing kb for health), not entirely sure about that. Still think it should be either the speed or the healing though, and I like the speed idea more.

Posted Nov 16, 2018
  9. Alright so here's the final Output(hopefully) Neptune's Vengeance:Using Fish Flurry, every time you hit someone you gain speed 2 for a max of 5 seconds, and when you're half health or below, you deal up to 380% kb.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2018
  10. Seems good to me overall, I suggest editing your original post and adding that below the original ideas, so people don't have to scroll down and read the replies to see your changes.
    Also I'd word that last part differently to make it more clear, instead of "when you're half health or below, you deal up to 380% kb", I'd say "having less health makes your ink shotgun deal more kb, at half a heart dealing 380%", think it's clearer that way. (Also the part about having more health reducing the kb% that you didn't include this time).

Posted Nov 16, 2018
  11. Hello!

I don't think Squid needs more abilities, most the things you've mentioned would make the kit more powerful than it already is.
    If a battle happened on a tree, mushroom, or small platform then it would be killing the opponent as well as healing the user. This would make the kit unbalanced.
    This is the one I'd be ok with, so I'll vote for this one.
    While the speed is alright, the increased knockback on low health isn't. This again would make the kit unbalanced.

Posted Nov 16, 2018
  12. The reason I suggest a new ability for squid is because its old one was removed. (If you're wondering what the old ability was, it was if you hit an opponent with Ink Shotgun, it would blind them.) And to be honest, squid is kind of underpowered as it's one of the few classes to receive no abilities, and the only thing to compensate for that is Fish Flurry, which can be easily avoided and can only kill weaker classes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 17, 2018