• 1202 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9640 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion A new kit!

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Skybaser, Jul 19, 2019.

?

Add "Fisherman" to Bridges?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Yes, if it gets some changes

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Hello! Since "The Bridges" hasn't really had any big updates lately, I believe that something new and gamechanging should be introduced; maybe a new kit is what I was thinking.
    Let's call it "Fisherman". Once you select the kit, you should be given a fishing rod upon the game starting (and maybe some raw fish or something as food).
    Just so that it doesn't become an OP kit, maybe it could have half uses? A few uses? Maybe you get more uses as you kill people?
    A kit like this could make the game better and more playable since you will finally be able to run from berserkers. They would usually just leap to you until they get you but now you can knock them away and have a chance to run. Thoughts?

EDIT: Depending on how good or bad the kit turns out to be, we could either make it another Achievement Kit or a buyable one.

Posted Jul 19, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 19, 2019
    Yato, c0lt, pabloduygrizpf and 3 others like this.
  2. Omg you're genious!!! It's literally the best idea I ever seen.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Zpch and Skybaser like this.
  3. It is the perfect kit. Not overpowered but not horrible. This gets my vote.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Zpch, Skybaser and Tim like this.
  4. Wait a minute... :squint:

You just said... uh ok.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Skybaser likes this.
  5. Hey!

This is quite an interesting idea! As a huge Bridges player, I think this kit would overall be a good idea to implement. For starters, this seems like it would be a PvP kit more so then a “food” kit, due to the fishing rod. Personally, I won’t mind fishing rods in Bridges, however, I do know that some people don’t enjoy going against people who are really good at using rods. That being said, I can definitely see some backlash against the kit. Besides that, the fish you would be given at the start of the game would be a great idea, as it can be quite time consuming to farm for food if no one on your team has any apples. Overall, I believe this kit should be seriously considered being added! Great job, +1 for me! :)

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Zpch and Tim like this.
  6. Howdy doodly!

Hmm, this is interesting. At first this was a huge "NO" from me the moment you mentioned having fishing rods in a game that finally doesn't have it on MP. However, if there are going to be a limited amount of uses, I don't think it's a bad idea. I still think it would be difficult to combat zerks since their leaps are infinite (there's really no limit to the leaps...yet I guess) but it's still a start. Like Overly said, I doubt they would use it for food since most players get a ton of wheat from haybales and make bread. The food aspect would only really be effective or useful for maps like Skylands or something similar.

Back to my first point of being able to combat the endless zerk leaps, if we were to implement the "more uses per kill" thing, it should be about 4 uses per kill. This is because most unenchanted fishing rods have a 64-65 (? don't quote me on that) durability. If we're going to half that at the start it would be about 32 uses which isn't a lot going by how long bridges games can be. So adding a good amount of uses per kill would help a little bit.

I made this a lot longer than I expect it to be, I apologize. That being said, I'm down with this idea ^-^
    ~ Lovi

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  7. I'm personally not interested in a kit like this for a few reasons. Setting aside the fact that I personally don't enjoy fishing rod based PvP, there are already means for delaying combat or introducing knockback so I really don't believe this would add anything meaningful to Bridges.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  8. Im fine with this idea as long as you cant drop the fishing rod, fighting zerks that also have a fishing rod sounds like a nightmare.

Posted Jul 19, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 19, 2019
    xLeopard, Zpch and KawaiiLovi like this.
  9. This personally sounds like a great kit, and something I would use. +1 from me.

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Zpch likes this.
  10. I love this idea:) It sounds amazing and would really make bridges better! +1 from me:)

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  11. Personally, I am all for the idea of adding a fishing rod kit to Bridges. I really like @KawaiiLovi 's idea of having the kit start with a set amount durability and having added durability per every kill that you get. I feel as if people who are avid rod users such as myself when it comes to PvP would love this kit, not only does it get rid of the time needed to gather food, but it also gives me the ability to use a fishing rod when I enter combat. I believe the durability of the kit balances it out well with the other kits, so I believe this kit would be a great addition to Bridges. I'll give this idea a +1

Posted Jul 19, 2019
  12. yes i love this idea it's so amazing but i have a good compromise
    only give Rods to the beserker kit
    because apple kit is clearly the most broken kit in all games (apart from frosting) but how about this add a rod in cakewars too to only the frosting kit because that will balance it even more
    --- Post updated ---
    think about it this way if you're in water you're pretty much dead if an apple kit is attacking you but if you give the rod to the berserker kit you can hit them with the rod and leap away because from the perspective of a intens pvp3r's apple is clearly the most broken it and zerk needs a buff even kits like miner and bomber are completely broken OR GIVE THE ROD TO BRAWLER CAUSE I HAVEN'T SEEN SOMEONE USE BRAWLER IN 3 YEARS LMFAO THAT COULD ACTUALLY MAKE BRAWLER USABLE

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    Balkansneverfly and qdf like this.
  13. Hey there!
    Honestly, at first I was super concerned with adding plain rods to any game. It seems very sketchy and it is definitely a powerful tool in Minecraft, especially in combat. Rods are definitely a favourite part of Mineplex PvP and adding them to general Mineplex games seems like a good direction to take when attracting a different play style.

Definitely onboard with your idea that it shouldn't be a permenant feature and rather a temporary-use item. I've had many instances in gladiators where I've disliked the use of fishing rods and it can definitely get frustrating. Adding this temporary/limited feature balances out this kit severely.

Assuming a rod will be given after bridges fall, I'm wondering how the mechanics of this work. So would it be so that each kill regains 15% of its durability? I'm not sure. I think the limited usage makes it much more fair for players, especially if they're worried about getting knocked off. Maybe a +1 use each 2 minutes which goes to a maximum of 3? That's a simple idea I thought of but you can play around with it.

I'm pretty sure I know a lot of players with rods can abuse players and push fellow teammates off so I'm not sure if this will actually help team trolling unless a special feature was made that restricts any teammate injuries through rods. I'm convinced some sort of team trolling could happen so I'm just somewhat concerned with that but otherwise I think this looks pretty decent. I wouldn't mind seeing a balanced fisherman kit being added. [​IMG]

Posted Jul 19, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  14. Heyo!
    Personally, at first I thought I was going to genuinely dislike it, however this is actually an intriguing idea and I would not mind seeing this implemented. Rods are mainly known for PvP and although they may be quite annoying you have suggested something that'll hopefully make it less annoying which is having it being temporary.

A fishing rods durability is 65% and a stereotypical bridges player reaches approximately 3-5 kills per game, so I would make the durability of the fishing rod half of what it is: 32.5 That way when players use this kit they can regenerate durability by 2% however once they reach 45% durability they cannot regenerate anymore, this way players can gain 6 kills but also regenerate durability. However, when a player hits someone and they don't kill them the durability would obviously degenerate until the rod dissolves. Hopefully, this way it could be fair to all players having the durability going not too high.

I also agree with what @Tours stated above, players may team troll and simply rod their teammates off the map. However, there's a quick and simple solution to this, players with the, "Fisherman," kit can not rod teammates off the map, this way no team trolling will occur.

Overall, I like your idea and hopefully it does get implemented. Honestly, it'd be nice to have rods however they can run out much easier than they usually do because I assume many players will get annoyed if the durability was at the max. However, I feel as if this kit will be used by a lot of players, it may serve better as an achievement kit. +0.5 from me.

Posted Jul 19, 2019