• 715 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2799 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion A new game mode?

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Dinnersaur_, Aug 18, 2019.

?

Would you like to see this in Speed Builders?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Yes, but it might need some changes first

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Thanks for your feedback, but I would like to clarify some of your concerns.

The point isn't to avoid good players. The point of the game is to keep all players in without getting eliminated which will be beneficial to the players who are really terrible at building and get kicked out first most of the time on the original builders. But they will probably still lose anyways but it will also be more fun for them if they do like the game because it lets them spend more time in a game.

Just a limited number of rounds, and then the game ends.

Yeah I don't really know what to do with the points thing. I don't know any good ways to make the points effective. That was my biggest obstacle that I had to try to get around when I was thinking up this game.

I think there's a 0 percent chance of this game getting added to Mineplex and to be absolutely truthful, I don't even care. It was just an idea that I came up with for fun over the course of a couple days, so obviously it lacks planning and I can see where there might be problems or why people wouldn't like this type of game. But thanks for your comment!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 13, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  2. Overall I like the general idea, I like the fact that the game rewards you for going fast and being on target rather than just beating the clock. I really like the concept of a point system, when you have a point system it gives you the chance to bounce back from a bad build instead of being eliminated on the spot. I believe more players would be brought into this game because there isn't as much of a consequence for doing bad. The one issue I would see coming to the table would be the fact that the player base for SB might end up getting split. Splitting the players in half than the queueing times will take much longer and not as many games will start. Do you have any achievement ideas? Here's just a few that I thought of...
    • Not so casual - Win a game obtaining all the points possible
    • Point Hoarder - Obtain an overall total of 10,000 points gained
    • (Can't think of a name) - Win 20 games of SB Casual.
    Once again, I really like the idea and I think it has some potential, I'll be giving this thread a +0.5

Posted Oct 13, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  3. Hey!

This is some kind of a "Buildning Competition" game, and not Speed Builders, so I don't think that this would fit in. However, I do think that it could fit into NANO Games, since we have a 1st place, 2nd place, and a 3'rd place. But if this will be added into NANO games, the player limit on the game must increase to same player limit at NANO Games (24+)

So overall, I like this idea. I think it could be a cool little game into NANO games, so therefore I'll give this a +0.5!

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ and TooMuchXMas4You like this.
  4. I think it’s a good idea but as @CowHatake said I think it should have achievements. +0.5

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.