• 1699 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10137 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A new game mode?

Discussion in 'Speed Builders' started by Dinnersaur_, Aug 18, 2019.

?

Would you like to see this in Speed Builders?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Yes, but it might need some changes first

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. I don't really know if this is a good idea so please give me feedback on whether or not you would like to see this on Speed Builders or not

I was thinking that instead of having one type of SB, we could have two. Classic SB, which we have now, and the new game mode, which is the one I'll be explaining. I'm not sure if someone already made a post on this before so if they did, then sorry ;-;

For this new type of SB, I was thinking that instead of people getting eliminated for the least correct build, everyone could stay in the game for maybe 8 or 10 rounds and you would get points based off of how well you were able to create a build. Since there's only allowed to be 8 players max in a game, this would make the points a little easier to define. For simplicity, let's just say that the first person to complete a build gets 10 points, the second person gets 9, the third player gets 8, and so on. All players who do not complete the build will get 0. If no one is able to complete a build, then the player with the most correct build will get 1 point, but everyone else will get 0. The timer will be kept the same; you will have less time for each build as the game progresses.

This way, the game isn't over if you don't do well on one build. You still have a chance to redeem yourself, especially if you're the person who builds everything first, but sometimes you're just not feeling it on a specific build and you do it terribly wrong. And if you're not such a good builder, then you still have time to practice your building skills without being eliminated on the first round.

This new game mode could be called "SB: Points-grabber" Or if you have a better idea please let me know :)

Posted Aug 18, 2019
    _Prof_ and Yato like this.
  2. This is a really well thought out idea. Maybe a better name would be "Speed Builders: Casual" since you don't die?

Overall, a really cool idea would love to see it in-game.
    +1
    Good luck

Posted Aug 18, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  3. yeah I think that's a much better name

thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 18, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  4. This will attract more players to Speed Builders as not being at risk of elimination will tone down the competition. The more casual players will have one more option of games to play where they can enjoy themselves.

Something I would change is to rank the build completion of each player from best to worst. If nobody complete the build, the player who gets closest will score 10 points from that round, and so on. This will reduce the amount of ties there are when the game ends as the points can range vastly. The tie breaker system would be first; completion %; second; build time. Players will also have a stop building option in the 9th slot of their inventory as a clock. Once they left click that, their timer stops and no more blocks can be placed.

+0.5

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Aug 18, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ and Yato like this.
  5. I mean, yeah, the points thing for build completion is good, and honestly it probably would cut down on ties. But I'm a little confused on the stop building thing. I think you're saying that once a player clicks on the clock then no one else is allowed to put down any more blocks and the round ends? I'm not really sure if I'd like to see that in the game though. Someone will probably figure out how to abuse it, like left clicking right after the round starts, before anyone even has a chance to build. We call these people "trolls." Also, I think that even if you don't build it first, then you should at least have a chance to build it second or even third.

OP OP
  6. When a player left clicks their clock, only they stop building.

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  7. Oh. What would be the purpose of that?

OP OP
  8. Building time is the second stage of the tie breaker. When someone complete a build, their building time automatically stops. If players do not know how to complete the build, they may left click the clock to stop their building time. When they have done all they could, it is a wise decision to stop their building time as fast as possible to have better chances of scoring more points.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  9. Ok thank you for explaining. I like this idea. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 19, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  10. Maybe a practice mode would be a good idea, so you can practice some of the builds? The point system is also a good idea and could go a long way!

Posted Sep 1, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  11. Firstly,
    this idea does sound pretty well thought out though there are some issues. This game would go on for a while. If no-ones getting eliminated the game would go on for a pretty long time and I know that people like playing speed builders because of 'speed builders', It's a faced-paced building game.

Posted Sep 1, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  12. That is why they've suggested adding it as an optional game mode in addition to the current Speed Builders. If you prefer the fast paced side of things, the original speed builders will still be available for you to play. There is one set-back I'd like to discuss as well as a change I think could be made.

As is usually always the case with any idea of a new game mode, the queue times would increase a large amount due to essentially splitting the already quite low amount of players in half. The only way I can really see of counteracting this is if speed builders received more players, which could only happen if more people took an interest in it.

As for a change, I think that instead of awarding points for whoever completes the build first, the player with the highest total percentage at the end of the game should be the winner. Let me explain. Every time you complete your build you get told how accurate you were as a percentage, I believe that this should be added up after every build and the player that has the highest percentage overall at the end of the game should be crowned the winner. Not only is this already in the game, so no time will need to be spent adding another system, but I also think this would motivate players more because in my opinion it would be easier to make a come-back.

Overall though, I really like this idea and I really hope it gets added sometime in the future. I hope my feedback helped to improve the idea in some way!

Posted Sep 1, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  13. Hey buddy!

I love and think it’s amazing that you are brainstorming other ideas for expanding Speed Builders as a game-mode, with the community in your mind. I really like the sound of this additional game-mode. I am one of the players that aren’t too good at memorising the builds, but I think with the addition of this game-mode/version of Speed Builders, I would play it more. It shouldn’t be too hard to develop this game considering it’s the same as the regular game but with a different points system.

Perhaps to add a bit more suspense to the game, only the player building would be able to see their score, and maybe every 2 rounds or 4 rounds, the scores could be seen by all players. I’m not sure if that makes sense, and it is a bit weird but could add a fun spin to the game. Great idea, overall a +1 from me!

Posted Sep 1, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ and _Prof_ like this.
  14. I said have a specific number of rounds like 8 or 10. When they are over they count up your score. What is secondly?

This is a good idea, but I think this would be a problem if many people continuously get perfect builds. I'm trying to think how to reduce the amount of ties by adding a points system based on how fast builds are completed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 1, 2019