• 967 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8526 Players Online
  • 7559 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A new command

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by A1chronicle, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Hey I had this idea of maybe a real join command because when I have to use the bathroom my friend always starts the game and I just have to sit there watching him play I just thought of a real join command so I don't have to wait a whole round

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  2. Can I have more detail, like how would it work? Would you be able to join mid match? That could be exploited by giving your team a huge advantage. So just please elaborate!

Posted Apr 19, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 19, 2021
    A1chronicle, CursedPvPYT and yvuggu like this.
  3. What I mean is that if you do /rejoin [game] it would rejoin you back into the cake wars or skywars game but if you died all you can do it spectate, but if you didn't die you would have a count down to 5 or 10 seconds and you will be able to play again

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2021
  4. Sure, but if im about to kill someone they can just /hub and wait a minute then join back to avoid being killed.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    A1chronicle and CursedPvPYT like this.
  5. hypixel has this and i believe it has some projections with PVP , not sure how but they made it work good

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    A1chronicle likes this.
  6. I do like the idea of a command like this. However, there are some complications with it, as stated above. It wouldn’t be fair if a player just combat logged with this new command. It would definitely give players a huge advantage in fights they’re losing if they just left and then /rejoined. A way to fix this would to perhaps be to make it so you can’t use /rejoin if you were in a fight previously, or make it so you can’t /hub while you’re fighting (so a combat tag feature would probably have to be added). Not sure if this would be entirely possible, and it would probably take a bit to implement. It is really frustrating when you get disconnected from a game though and can’t rejoin, or get kicked for being afk. I would like to see this command added if there was a way to ensure that people couldn’t just /hub and /rejoin mid-fight, and obviously in a game like Cake Wars, you should be made a spectator if you /rejoin and your cake is gone. However, this also might be hard to do in say, Skywars, where you get different gear from chests (would you get that gear back when you respawned or start with the starting gear again?). For Skywars and other games I feel like it would be best to allow /rejoin only for a few minutes in. Overall, this is a nice idea, but you would have to take every game into account and make sure this couldn’t be abused easily.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    WowCaleb and A1chronicle like this.
  7. That sounds cool in concept but feels like it could be exploited heavily. It would need some way to prevent combat-logging, which I feel like would be hard to implement.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    A1chronicle likes this.
  8. I do think it should exist for a few games, like Mob Arena, Turf Wars, and Cake Wars (unless your cake is gone), but not for a game like Skywars where once you die, you're dead. It would be better if you could rejoin a game like Skywars or Micro Battles but you have to spectate, but not to actually rejoin and keep playing. I also agree that there should be some kind of Combat Tag feature, so people don't leave mid-fight. So I give this a +1 for certain games (like the ones I mentioned), except not for games like Skywars, Micro Battles, etc, where once you die, you're dead.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    A1chronicle likes this.
  9. Yeah, I agree as well. I think something like Java, where some but not all games have this ability. For example, Mob Arena, Cake Wars, and Block Hunt, might get this but not quick games or immediate our games, like Micro Battles. Ultimately, I think this would be good to see!

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    A1chronicle likes this.
  10. I get what you mean but like if they do combat log, they would just rejoin and have nothing, so you basically have to restart all over again

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2021
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  11. Just make it so in combat you cant do it, or only if you are removed for inactivity. Make it so /hub disables that command. 2 simple fixes and now its a balanced command. I like this idea, i hate how you get kicked for inactivity so much. I mean, one game i was skybasing because its a fun to trickshot the last kid into the void from the top. While building this, i was standing still BUT MOVING MY CAMERA with f5, to look at the kid, and was removed for inactivity. Sure, i was not moving, but i was looking around. /rejoin would have saved me at least half an hour of work.

Posted Apr 19, 2021