• 358 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2937 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned A Mixed Arcade for Classic Games

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by avae, Jan 7, 2019.

1. So, with the upcoming update returning Arcade back to its original self, the reintroduction of DE and PB's own lobbies, gaming queuing and more, I figured I should throw this idea out there. EmmaLie has mentioned through discord that Classic Cow will be replaced with some other way to play classical games via this screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/jmtT9Ry

My idea is to create a game similar to Mixed Arcade but for the Classic Games. Since I'm still not exactly sure how queuing into games will work (i.e if games lobbies still exist or not and if they don't, you would have to re-queue every time you wanted to play another game or you can stay in a game lobby and wait for the next one to start like it is now) I don't have a real idea on how to go about this, but here's two options:

Option 1: If queuing into mixed arcade sends you to a game lobby where you can continue to stay there and play game after game, you could implement the Classic Games with 16 players or more. These include: Castle Siege, Type Wars, Search and Destroy, Hoops, Speed UHC/Normal UHC (I feel Speed UHC would be better in this case for faster games but it doesn't really matter), Zombie Survival, Barbarians Life, Milk The Cow, Tug Of Wool, Gravity, Castle Assault, and Snow Fight and Squid Shooters could work too if they don't continue to remain in Mixed Arcade.

Option 2: If game lobbies are gone, then with the new queuing system, it doesn't matter what the capacity of games is. This allows other games to have the ability to return. These other games include Heroes Of GWEN, Wizards, Champions TDM, MCL, along will all the previously mentioned games in Option 1.

Why do we need this: I feel that with the upcoming lobby being exactly like the 2015 one along with the absence of arcade voting and everything else I mentioned, this update is VERY geared towards the community. As we saw in Feb of last year, people were very upset with losing their games, and although we can't really bring all those back in their own lobbies, this idea provides a way for all the community to be happy. All the old games are back as well as many games people have never played before. It provides nostalgia for older players, new communities for newer players, and makes those who had their games taken away happy once again. This would literally satisfy every player in the game as far as I'm concerned.

Now I really doubt this would ever become something, but I felt like I should put this idea out there. Not sure what's coming as far as Classic Games like EmmaLie mentioned, but I hope this gives some influence nonetheless. If you have any suggestions feel free to put them below. Do Keep in mind this idea excludes ALL ARCADE GAMES that are in Mixed Arcade and/or have their own lobbies because they are already playable. Thanks.
    --- Post updated ---
    Now that I look at it, probably shoulda put this in new game suggestion LOL.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  2. Great idea suggestion and I would wish for this to be implemented in some way in order to be able to play the classic games which did get removed. Just have to let time pass to see what happens!

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    avae likes this.
  3. Hey!

I really like this idea. I think it would be cool to still represent some other games that aren't what is being brought back. Since classic cow isn't going to be a thing anymore (or isn't going to be how it was) this is a perfect opportunity to shine the light on those older and removed games like castle assault, wizards, etc. Hopefully in a great way because how classic cow was when it was out, it wasn't advertised properly and wasn't getting many players. I really don't want something like this to end up like weekend brawl.

Posted Jan 9, 2019
  4. I really do like this idea, and would like to see in implemented somehow!

:mineplex_old:

Posted Jan 15, 2019
  5. Idea not planned

Thank you for taking the time in writing this idea. The idea you're presenting here is similar to a feature we used to have called Classic Cow, the feature was removed from the network due to unpopularity and the idea of bringing it back has sadly been denied at the moment, this doesn't mean that we might not consider the idea again at a future time. However, at the moment, I'll apply the "Not planned" tags and leave this thread open for discussion.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
  6. he do be declining doe

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 10, 2020
    M4RK7000 likes this.