• 1463 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8152 Players Online
  • 6689 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned A league and rank/tournaments

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Eggblack, Jan 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am interested to see a league and ranking system within cake wars (or another popular game). To make a skill based matchmaking system would be amazing and to be ranked, you need placements. I was thinking mineplex could add either a skill based matchmaking system (The higher win rate and kd) or a league. So the league would consist of different tables, and you make your way up the table of hypothetically 10 people. Now, these tables can either be random, or there could be specific tables where if you win you move to the higher league, for example like football (championship moves up to the premier league). Winning a cws game gets you 3 points, losing gives 0. There can be a kill difference inplace of goal difference in football. Players/teams in the highest league would get rewards or only if theyre in the top 3 of the league theyre in. Yes, I understand there arent many players with teams so it wouldnt be so easy, especially if a team does form, they'd all need to be available for the next fixed match. And yeah, there would be matches specific to who theyre playing against and they would have specific dates and times. I have given quite a few ideas to be added here, but my main thought would be the premier leagues like football suggestion. I understand there are many flaws to this but it seems like a great idea.

Posted Jan 16, 2021
  2. Currently there is a Cake Wars tournament you can sign up for until the 29th of Jan which you can read about on the Clash of the Cakes: Winter Edition thread. Mineplex is also planning on hosting more tournaments this year.

As for an actual league based game in Cake Wars, that will not work with the player count. A lot of players are requesting it but it would split up the player base way too much - games might take way too long to find and it's not worth the coding if that's a big risk.

I think hosting more tournaments is the way to go so it works in your favour that there is one you can sign up for at the moment. You can also join Cake Wars communities as some host their own mini-tournaments in their MCSs.

Posted Jan 26, 2021
    rilau likes this.
  3. Hi! Thanks for sharing your idea! I will be leaving this thread as "Not Planned". There simply aren't enough players on the server to risk splitting the player base by making a ranked system. Even though some gamemodes can handle multiple modes, it will still struggle during times where the player count is low, and games will take a significant amount of time to start.

This idea has also been denied several times before, as shown here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/ranked-modes.166270/

However, there are the occasional events for competitive players to play! As stated by @maevestarbaby above, there is currently a tournament being held! You should definitely check out the link listed above, and if you want to be notified of more events in the future, you can find them on the Mineplex Discord in the announcements channel whenever they are available. Have a great day <3

Thread Locked>> Idea Not Planned

Posted Jan 28, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.