• 1285 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9723 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A Guide to Distinguishing Hacks on Mineplex

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by Sven, Dec 24, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

By: @Sven

With the Generous Help of @AppleFTW

Hello everyone.

This guide is being made to assist players in distinguishing between the most commonly used hacks on the Mineplex server. Over the past several years, players have falsely hackusated against innocent players without even knowing what certain hacks look like and confuse skill/ping/lag with certain hacks. This guide will highlight commonly used hacks on Mineplex, describe them, and explain some tips and tricks in order to distinguish each hack from one another. With this guide, we hope to educate the Mineplex community and change the culture surrounding hacks and hackusating on the Mineplex server. A little bit of a note before we begin: the server featured to display the hacks is a custom server created by AppleFTW and I - it is not Mineplex affiliated. Additionally, the hacks associated with the featured account has since been deleted/removed from the account.

Without further ado, here is the guide to distinguishing the most common hacks here on Mineplex!

(Note: to view the YouTube video in full screen, click the "YouTube" icon at the bottom of the embedded video or simply click the youtube link if one is present)

Combat Hacks

Severity: 2

Description of Hack: The hacker takes no knockback from incoming hits/attacks

How To Spot It: When the hacker is hit by an opponent, they will not move/take knockback.

Example:

Description of Hack: The hacker automatically attacks entities that are within a 360-degree range of the player. The range can be adjusted based on blocks away from the hacker.

How To Spot It: When the hacker attacks an entity in its range, the hacker’s head (or entire body) will sharply snap in the direction of the entity being attacked (even if the body of the player is facing a different way)

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEvrBfDk3b4

Description of Hack: The hacker's ability to take fall damage is negated.

How To Spot It: When a hacker falls from a high place and should take fall damage as a result - but doesn't.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx-INq72PZQ

Description of Hack: The hacker is able to regenerate health faster when taking incoming attacks.

How To Spot It: The hacker never dies or sustains an abnormal amount of hits before dying. You may also notice noise you can often hear or if the hacker gains a large amount of health in the span of an abnormally short time.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsKri1EPEm0

Severity: 1

Description of Hack: Enables the hacker to automatically place blocks to bridge over to a place faster. It can also be used to go build up faster.

How To Spot It: If the hacker is walking forward and placing blocks when bridging over or is able to build up at an abnormal pace. Headnsapping will be present whereas the hack known as « Fast Build » does not, which makes Fast Build a severity 1 offense.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FEVR51JdM0

Movement Hacks

Severity: 3

Description of Hack: Allows the hacker to jump faster and change directions in mid-air. Difference between Speed is that the hacker has no, mal running/walking speed whereas with speed hackers, their running/walking speed is abnormally much faster.

How To Spot It: When the hacker is jumping sporadically and very quickly and has normal walking/running speed.

Example:

Description of Hack: Enables the hacker to go full speed while sneaking.

How To Spot It: When the hacker is sneaking at an abnormally fast pace.

Example:

Description of Hack: Allows the hacker to fly.

How To Spot It: If the hacker is flying quickly and sporadically

Example: Self explanatory

Description of Hack: Gives the user an extremely high jump boost.

How To Spot It: The hacker will spontaneously jump at an extreme hight and take no fall damage.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcWtCFr_THk

Description of Hack: Enables the hacker to walk/run at abnormally fast speeds.

How To Spot It: If the hacker is walking/running at abnormally fast speeds.

Example:

Description of Hack: Enables the hacker to automatically climb walls.

How To Spot It: If the hacker is able to climb walls without a the use of ladders.

Example:

[

Description of Hack: Allows the hacker to walk/run on solid liquids (i.e. water, lava, etc)

How To Spot It: If the hacker is able to walk on a solid-liquid without swimming.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNfaYQ7t-PA

And that concludes our guide! We hope that you have found use in it and it has allowed you to learn all about the different commonly used hacks here on Mineplex. We will be updating this from time-to-time to ensure that it is up to date and reflects the current hacks being used in Mineplex. Additionally, if we have missed a popular hack or we have written something incorrectly, please let us know and we will update the guide.

Thank you, everyone!

Posted Dec 24, 2018,
    Last edited Jun 17, 2019
  2. This guide is probably not news to most of the community (especially the more experienced players who know what hacks look like), but not everyone does, and I hope Sven and I have been able to help spread awareness to those players who are not aware what hacks look like.

Additionally, if you see any of these hacks in game, it is necessary that we do not ignore them as members of the community. I know how easy it is to move on to the next game, but every hacker we ban by forum reporting or staff requesting makes a big difference to the server.

Posted Dec 24, 2018
    Ryan14VT and Sven like this.
  3. Thanks for the cool guide! I think this can help everyone a bit to distinguish the different types of hacks. I actually didn’t know about some of these so thank you!

Posted Dec 24, 2018
    Sven likes this.
  4. Thanks for the guide! I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate this guide and view it commonly.

Posted Dec 24, 2018
    Sven likes this.
  5. Hello,
    I would first like to say that the guide is very informative and very well written. I know that some players will use the guide regularly in order to gain knowledge and to fill in any information gaps they may have.
    I would be interested if you were able to add any more hacks and examples of the hacks you have already given in order to cover more scenarios.

Posted Dec 26, 2018
  6. Hey!

Thanks for this guide, many members of the community aren’t able to tell if someone is hacking, but after reading this guide I think they would be able to now. This is very well written and I’m impressed that you would put a lot of effort into helping the community.

Thanks for the guide!
    -Animal

Posted Dec 26, 2018
    Sven likes this.
  7. Yo! I really love this guide especially the fact you've given a video example, it's very helpful and interesting to people who do not know much about hacks, This is also extremely helpful for those new to Forum Reports which means we will get fewer denials since they will know what to look out for! You could also give a list of the chat offences/gameplay offences? Overall a great thread, thanks.​

Posted Dec 26, 2018
  8. Great guide, just a few things I would like to add on and point out just for future reference. Overall, your guide is extremely convenient for those looking to start reporting or learn different hacks. Sometimes several hacks can be very difficult to see, and others are more blatant. I think you did a good job of this and the different hacks we look for when punishing.

Problems and Suggestions (More to be Added):
    1. Something to keep in mind is that us staff can only punish for No Slow if its with a bow.
    2. Scaffold is a severity 3 offense, not severity two. Something you may want to add is the doftenece between Scaffold and Fast Build. (Scaffold has frequent head snapping, Fast Build does not and is severity 1)
    3. Include in Regen the noise you can often hear or if they gain a large amount of health in the span of an abnormally short time.
    4. Try to include high jump if possible, that is a popular one.

Posted Dec 26, 2018
    Sven likes this.
  9. This is very cool. It's nice you took the time to make this guide. This will really help those who are trying to learn the severity of hacks and so on.

Posted Dec 26, 2018
    Sven likes this.
  10. Thank you so much! It can be hard to get information about these hacks with all the misinformation being spread around, so it's great to have it all compiled into one area. I'll definitely be saving this thread. Hopefully keeping more accurate info on these hacks will help stop hackusating, it's become so frequent.

Posted Dec 26, 2018
    Sven likes this.
  11. Hi @Caameronn thanks so much for your feedback. The guide has been updated with the changes you suggested. I’ll confer with AppleFTW to see if we can include high jump in the near future as I agree, it’s a popular hack on the server. Once again thanks!

Hey @Lionatthezoo thank you for your suggestion! Apple and I would definitely be down to add more hacks. We wanted to cover the more popular hacks seen on the Mineplex server specifically so if you have any popular hacks that we missed, we’d love to hear them :)

Hey @Oscaros_ ! Thanks for your comment! :) considering this is a thread specifically made for hacks, Apple and I may not venture into covering chat-related offenses but you brought up an amazing idea for a future thread we can do in the near future to include chat offenses! Thanks for the idea!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 26, 2018
    Unfavorited, Joiined and AppleFTW like this.
  12. Great guide, I can tell you put a lot of effort into this. One small thing to add: with scaffold, often I’ve seen the person using scaffold building while holding something else in their hand like a sword. That would be a clear indicator of someone using scaffold. Good work though

Posted Dec 26, 2018
  13. I would say good job but then again, this server is notoriously known for hackers, I'm pretty sure most of the player base(and 40% of that base are hackers themselves) of this server knows about these hacks, most of these people probably just responded with typical, non-original, responses just to get their post-count higher. Sure this is useful for new players but about 80% of new players don't join forums so little chance of them seeing this post at all. Of course, thank you for your contribution for this server but this isn't going to help much.

Posted Dec 27, 2018
  14. @Sven and I understand that most people know what hacks look like, but if this is able to help just a few community members who may be new and do not know, this guide will have been worth making.

I also realize that your 40% number is rhetorical, but the population of hackers on Mineplex is minuscule compared to the population of players who just want to have fun and win legit, and anything we can do to help further minimize that population of hackers is a step in the right direction.

Posted Dec 27, 2018
    Sven likes this.
  15. This has been an extremely beneficial guide! Staff want players to submit FRs and this will give them a heads up of what to report. Not only that, it'll better prevent players from cheatusating innocent players and wasting staff's time on dealing with a legit player. Way to save effort on not including vision cheats because you can't ever get 100% proof of that from a video unless you self-report.

Some suggestions:

-Try to include what cheats can be mistaken for possible glitches (some I've experienced are flight, anti-knock back, velocity)
    -Chat cheats exist: Annoy (repeats what every player says), auto L ("L IGN" after you kill them)
    -Missed cheats: Criticals (every hit does the same damage as a critical), reach (allows you to hit farther, only punishable by QA), auto block (waves a sword to block and hit at the same time), auto mine (Breaks every block you look at), chest stealer (Steals all contents out of a chest instantly), anti cactus (prevents you from taking damage from cactuses), anti Potion (immunes you from potion effects), blink (when activated, you'll go into adventure mode, when you deactivate, your original body will be teleported there), fast eat (eats any food quickly), fight bot (reacts right when a player is in range), velocity (falls slowly), ghost hand (hits through blocks), high jump (gives you permanent jump boost), multiaura (hit multiple players at once), nuker (breaks every block in reach instantly), step (jumps on top of blocks no matter how high they are), tp aura (teleports you around entities while hitting them).

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Dec 27, 2018
  16. The guide has been updated to include High Jump. Thank you @Caameronn !

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 30, 2018
  17. Great guide for people who are confused or do not know much about hacked clients and just hacking in general. A lot of hard work was put in for a great reason, which I commend you for making this. Overall, seems like a really good guide for newer players.

Posted Dec 30, 2018