• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

a final dreamscape

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Iscariot, Feb 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dreamscape based off of my time in Sweden. Created on a Mac trackpad in Photoshop CC — hand drawn. and then edited.

[​IMG]

It has been a pleasure sharing work for several months, as well as being in this community since 2013. This will be the last piece I am sharing, and since departing (for the second time) from Newsletter, I won't be very active. Message me if you would like my discord, I use that everyday, but my priorities are changing of course as graduation from college approaches. Best wishes, and I can't wait to see some friendly faces one day :)

Shoutout to @chhase // freddey for being absolutely incredible. I have so much respect for you and your way of showing empathy to other living creatures; keep doing your thing, it's great and you're appreciated <3

Another special "thank you!" to a now-ended discord, which I ran for a bunch of artists/appreciators around the network. You're all very sweet and I'm excited at what you create next!

"Be smart, think art!"
    -Ian/Banksy

Posted Feb 13, 2020
  2. This looks absolutely amazing Iscariot! I love the incredible amount of detail that you put into this piece of art, I can imagine how much time went into this -sadly- last painting. I really like the dabbing/smug effect that you used in this particular drawing, it adds a nice feeling to the piece, almost feels like memories fading away, especially when I look at the bottom right of the drawing, it might look like smoke but I think it looks like the artwork is slowly fading away. I'm going to miss seeing your art in this section... I really hope to see you return one day c:

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  3. I must say, these pictures are stunning. I love the Photoshop and it just looks, well stunning. It's sad to see you going, but best of luck in your next chapter. I hope all goes well for you and I hope to see more of your stunning artwork some day!

Posted Feb 13, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  4. Thank you both very much, I am excited to see what comes. Best wishes, keep feeling inspired :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 13, 2020
  5. Heyo!

This literally looks amazing! I'm sad to see you go from the NL team as you're such an amazing artist and writer for the Newsletter Team. You also impress me all the time with your art so it's going to be sad not seeing you post for a while, but this artwork looks fantastic! I would definitely stay at this place as it looks beautiful that way you drew it! Keep up the amazing work!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Feb 13, 2020
  6. Sad to see you're leaving the Newsletters team. Although, I must say that you have a lovely dreamscape artwork you have! I remember when I first saw you on the forums team in 2015. I've seen lots of artworks you posted on the forums recently. I don't have any concerns with your artwork. Overall, that's a great job you have! Keep up the great work! :D

Posted Feb 13, 2020
  7. Ian! You know I'm going to miss seeing your artwork on the forums so much. Promise me you'll send me a new piece you've been working on on Discord every once in a while. You are truly one of the most amazing people that I've met through Mineplex and I'm so glad that our paths crossed, even if it wasn't too long ago. But I'm not letting you get away that easily! I will still bug you on Discord on the regular c; .

This last piece that you've posted for the Mineplex public is truly an awe-inspiring one. It's so surreal and it really reminds me of that piece that you did for the 50th Newsletter. You know how much I loved that theme. I love the vivid colors that you've used here. It really brings the piece to a whole different level. The orange color emanating from the train immediately makes me think of Mineplex. I'd like to think that that's your subtle homage to your time here with us. You will be one of those that will be missed eternally here. Your art has always had a way of inspiring others and bringing us all together.

So, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything, Ian. The pieces that you have dreamed up have truly inspired me and enriched my way of thinking creatively.

I'll leave you with a quote from Charlotte's Web:

"You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing."

Posted Feb 14, 2020
    M4RK7000 likes this.