• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A dark theme for the forums!

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by PhoneCord, Feb 19, 2019.

1. PhoneCord

PhoneCord

What I think would be helpful is an option to switch between the normal theme of the forums and dark theme like how YouTube has it. This will prob be very nice looking especially because I use the dark theme on youtube all of the time and on discord because it doesn't hurt my eyes. The forums look rn isn't that bad but I think a dark theme would be very nice and different.

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    Hqzardous, Evence, xLeopard and 19 others like this.
  2. Sven

Sven

I think this is a really nice idea. Sometimes when I am viewing the forums at night in my room, the white background can be bright and strains my eyes. A dark theme not only saves energy but i feel like it would also be less strenuous on the eyes. +1 for this idea!

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    Hqzardous, borkkek and PhoneCord like this.
  3. This is definitely something I would want to see added

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    Hqzardous likes this.
  4. toxic13d

toxic13d

It's not the worst of the worst light themes that we've got on the forums, however I'm sure myself and many others would love to see a dark mode. +1

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  5. Ender Rivka

Ender Rivka

I love dark theme, it's so much easier on my eyes and I don't think it's too hard to add. No issues with the idea. +1

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    Hqzardous and PhoneCord like this.
  6. SkarmMines

SkarmMines

Wanderer has already commented on the issue which can be found in the thread HERE.

His reply stated: "I'd also like to throw it out there that we're still in beta with the site and have had some delays on feature additions. We'll also see about adding a "dark mode" theme for the site eventually which you will be able to choose over the current "light" theme in your preferences."

It'll get added at some point, but it's not in the top of their priorities right now.

Posted Feb 19, 2019
  7. Coyly.

Coyly.

A dark theme would be pretty awesome. Not only would it be easy on the eyes it's pretty easy to make. Some times you can be tired and it can hurt I can totally relate to that. Thanks for the good ideas keep these ideas going and you can help mineplex a lot more.

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  8. PhoneCord

PhoneCord

Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully, they can make one soon if this is true!

Will do!

<3

<3

Me as well!

Thank you for noticing me (: Thanks for the +1 to appreciate it!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 19, 2019
    ohrangee567 likes this.
  9. ElementBear

ElementBear

I totally agree with you man, I love the idea especially when it’s dark in my room and it truly hurts my eyes. I would think the white version would look better. But dark version would help at night

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  10. Shotgun_Master

Shotgun_Master

Your idea is great in concept, I would love to absolutely see it. I already understand that the Light Mode on the forums are great as it is, but getting an option to have an edgy theme in the background would make the forums more interesting for a select audience who would prefer that.
    Though I do believe this feature may be difficult, if not, impossible to implement. The forums are run off of Xen, which means customization might lack compared to if Mineplex forums had their own website.

Regardless, I do see this as a possible cool addition to the forums and can spice up a new look for it.
    ~ Shotty

Posted Feb 19, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  11. xJon

xJon

This is honestly such a great idea. I usually get on forums late at night, and the brightness always hurts my eyes a bit. Hopefully it gets implemented in the near future. +1 :sigils:

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  12. Terify

Terify

+1

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  13. Dutty

Dutty

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  14. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew

Hey there!

Honestly, this suggestion is a great one. Viewing the forums at night is very strenuous on the eyes and a dark theme would fix this problem. +1

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  15. spacexplorer_

spacexplorer_

For the time being you can just use an browser exstension called Dark Reader.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  16. james610

james610

If only you knew the power of the dark theme...

Jokes aside, I +1 this idea, though I believe it's already planned.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  17. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

I would be all for a dark theme, and I’m super glad that one is planned. I like to go on the forums late at night and I’d rather have a dark theme to make things less strenuous on my eyes, so I don’t have to lower the brightness that much. I’m not sure how long this would take to implement, but since Wanderer said one is planned I hope that it wouldn’t take that long. +1, thanks for bringing this up :)

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  18. Ocelotguyy

Ocelotguyy

Oh yes, this is an amazing idea!1 I use Dark Mode on Discord all the time and occasionally on YouTube if it's late at night. Seeing something like this on the Mineplex site would be really cool! +1

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  19. ZTB

ZTB

I think this’d make the site look very sleek, and also help your eyes in the dark. Definitely a good idea!

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  20. BBoy2003

BBoy2003

I’d love a dark theme!! +1 for me!

Posted Feb 23, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.