• 764 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10613 Players Online
  • 9849 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A Cops and Robbers game...but it isn't like Mine-Strike

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by SmolMega, Jul 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. I'm not sure what to call this, but here it is.

For this potential game, all players ride on a horse. They are split into two teams: bandits and police force. You attack your foes with a "stun gun". In terms of function, it works like the Rifle kit from Super Paintball. You need to land two hits on an enemy to knock them out/'kill' them.
    So it's two teams, both on horseback, firing at each other with this "stun gun". Police Force get automated respawns, while Bandits can revive downed teammates by standing next to the 'corpse' for a moment.

The Bandits have a stolen item they need to get to their goal point to win the game.
    The Police Force must try to stop that from happening.
    The Bandits should also be able to pass the stolen item to their teammates. If a Police Force member touches the stolen item, the item returns to its spawn point.

Bandits win if:
    - At least one player gets the stolen item to the goal point.

Police Force win if:
    - All Bandits are knocked out/dead.
    - Timer hits zero.

The map should have a lot of open space to move around in (horses are generally faster and larger than players), some cover, a goal point at one end, spawns for both teams at the other end, and a spot where the item the Bandits steal somewhere near the spawn area but not too close.
    The Police Force should not be able to shoot into the Bandits' spawn area and vice versa.

If everything goes the way I intend, the outcome is a chase on horseback between two teams. Bandits must use their wits to get the item to the goal safely, while the Police Force try to stop that from happening.

Feel free to suggest ideas for kits, a name for the game, a time limit, and other things in the replies.

Posted Jul 4, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  2. Sounds like area 51 o_o

#ReviveA51

Posted Jul 4, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  3. This has the potential to be one another block hunt, with "chickens" spawnkilling the police

Posted Jul 4, 2021
  4. It's similar to Area 51 Raid now that I'm thinking about it. But that just means my idea would fit in nicely!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 5, 2021
  5. that was a amazing game, only played it a little and wow it fast and i also sucked at it

Posted Jul 5, 2021
  6. Hey!

This game has great potential. One problem, it does sound a lot like the Area 51 game mode that Mineplex has featured in the past.

Personally, I think that the stun gun idea is a good idea. One idea to add to this thread is to add a cooldown timer, just to make the kit less OP and more even for the bandits.

Also, I think that 2 shots to down a bandit are a little low. Even with a cooldown for the stun gun, there is a significant advantage for the Police side. I think there should be 3-4 shots to down a bandit to make the kits a little bit more balanced.

Other than that I think this is a cool idea for a new mini-game, Definitely a +1 from me.

Posted Jul 11, 2021