• 3325 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12044 Players Online
  • 8719 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A change to smash crystals.

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by SirInHueman, Oct 26, 2018.

1. The problem with smash crystals now is that they are way too overpowered, and it forces everybody to one small section of a map. If you have low health by time a smash crystal spawns, you either 1. Die trying to get it 2. Let the other people get it, and then they use it to kill everybody (Including you) or 3. You get it, then immediately die.

A change to this is that every kit has a small little meter. By giving damage (not receiving damage, and it doesn't regen over time), you fill the meter. Once you get the meter filled, it gives you a weaker version of the current smash (Or, maybe even a completely different smash crystal.) For example, instead of skeleton shooting a million medium-high damage arrows that are almost impossible to dodge the entirety of, it shoots small-medium arrows for like, 4 seconds. It isn't weak enough to make it completely useless but it isnt strong enough to guarantee 7 hearts of damage to straight death. It's in the middle, and you only get it based on your performance. These also dont refill your health. It's really irritating when your about to kill someone, and they just use the current smash crystal to refill all health, and taking 1 stock of yours. (A -1/+1 trade, pretty much they get another life lol.)

Posted Oct 26, 2018
  2. ill suggest that when you pickup the smash crystal it will automatically regen all your hp

Posted Oct 26, 2018
  3. Nah. Problem with that is that you get one lucky dud with hardly any health left and gets it in the knick of time. Now they have full health. Now you're at a disadvantage in health and die. Now the opponent whether low or high in health has a crystal to heal themselves and kill u again Rippo mode.

Posted Oct 27, 2018
  4. Well yea thats true, since smash crystal is op, someone with full health and a crystal smash should be enough for making 2-4 kills

Posted Oct 27, 2018
  5. In most cases, when I am playing a game of SSM, the other person doesn't use the smash crystal. I would consider some crystals to be over-powered, and some to be under-powered. Honestly, I would be glad to see the removal of smash crystals all together, since some players tend to rely on it to win games. Though, I doubt that the staff team would consider removing them from the game.

Posted Oct 28, 2018
  6. I do not agree that it is "overpowered".
    Some of the abilities are, but most like, "Egg-blasters", "Frenzy", "Mushroom-madness", "Night-of-the-living-dead" and etc are not so powerful. I say we nerf the strong ones and buff the weak ones.

Posted Oct 29, 2018
  7. You realize how much effort this would take, not to mention some would have to be fundamentally reworked to be significantly buffed?

The staff team as a whole doesnt have control over what happens to game changes.

Limiting factor to this being changed has been LT not wanting to see them removed.

Posted Oct 29, 2018
  8. Don't worry my friend, smash crystals will be either heavily nerfed or removed in the next SSM update.

Posted Nov 2, 2018
  9. I also feel like Smash Crystals are a bit op, as it regens your entire hp (and for some even doubles it or so). I like the idea of Smash Crystals as it gives other players with less lives a chance, but I do feel like the damage they do should be nerfed and you shouldn't regen / get so much hp. Maybe 4-6 hearts regen but not more. Take this an example: In Mushroom Islands a Smash Crystal appears and player A & B has 2 lives. Player C has 4 lives and Player D is dead.
    A & B rushes towards the spot where the Smash Crystal will land. C is a Creeper and the A & B are both Iron Golem. The slow mob. Just before it lands C pushes them away and takes it, then activates it instantly. Atomic Blast can destroy a huge part of the map, and Iron Golems are slow. So they both easily get knocked down.

Posted Nov 11, 2018
  10. what they should do is something like it's floating around and moving like in canon smash bros

Posted Nov 13, 2018