• 1194 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6369 Players Online
  • 5175 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A border for cake wars in bedrock.

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by LarryTLlama, May 14, 2020.

?

What do you think

1. Yes

46.7%
  2. No

6.7%
  3. Mmmmmm. Cake.....

46.7%
  1. Have you ever been stuck looking for the last person in cake wars? There is a border in Java edition, but doing this in Bedrock would be much better! If you have any other suggestions, why not reply below? I’ll stick a poll on, and you can cast your vote!

Posted May 14, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  2. I think they do have a border, I tried building on in the back of my base once, couldn’t go far. Maybe like 10 blocks. I do think there should be a border, or a smaller border, from going down below the island, because people do that and it’s impossible to see them from the island.

Posted May 14, 2020
  3. They do have a border, it’s just that people can block down and go under their island. The only way to counter this is to first, make sure you still have a cake, then put your stuff in a chest, and jump into the void and use the compass in order to teleport to them in the 5 seconds you have of using spectator. Then grab your stuff and go to them and hope they don’t whack you until cake rot. The other way is basically the same thing but you have a friend with you and they use the compass

Posted May 14, 2020
    111222333444553 likes this.
  4. Sorry. What I meant for this was a moving border closing in, don’t know wether that’s possible? But they have one in java edition (after reading it up). After a recent game, we couldn’t find the one guy, so the game just timed out! That WAS annoying.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2020
    Alycat and Ruffybear like this.
  5. Ah, yes. The infamous hider.

I like this idea, it could make the game more exciting! I think the borders should slowly start decreasing after the “everyone’s cake has been eaten. You can no longer respawn.” announcement pops up.

+1

Posted May 15, 2020
    LarryTLlama and Alycat like this.
  6. Similar to Java Edition, the border slowly shrinks until mid. I think that this should definitely be added to the next update for Cake Wars on Bedrock! I’ve encountered many players who usually hide under the island and they’re usually almost impossible to get to if they had an archer kit. It’s really frustrating once Cake Rot happens and the game ends.

Overall I’d definitely support this idea being implemented into Bedrock.

Posted May 15, 2020
  7. I totally support this Idea and would prefer for the border to just start shrinking in after everyone's cake was destroyed rather then the game just ending. I remember back in my early days of playing cake wars I would hide all of the time and once I saved up for the archer kit the hiding was a good way of surviving till the end, but even for me being the hider it was a boring solution. Adding a border that shrinks in would be very beneficial. I would also advise adding a limit of the height you can go down so that a player can not hide under the middle island.If it was not possible for people to go under the island then they would have to come up and this would make it so that no games end because time has expired.

I totally support this. +1 from me.

Posted May 15, 2020
    LarryTLlama likes this.
  8. Pretty sure this already somewhat exists. For example you can’t go no more than 10 blocks outside the map and you also have a good height limit to prevent any chaotic sky basing. I think what we should have are borders that prevent camping underneath the map, or just try to make it to where you can’t place no blocks outside the map.

Posted May 15, 2020
  9. Hi there!

Great idea, here's my feedback.

So, when it comes to the border in any game you'd expect it to be moving in or closing in, some sort of way so that there is no way to have someone game stalling or people who're just camping and aren't forced to moved by anything, it's quite frustrating for people who're just trying to play the game when there are people hiding in places no one has no idea, normally it'd be under the map which is extremely hard to get to when the person is using some sort of projectile as when Cake Rot comes around or if you're just trying to kill the person so you can move onto the next team and you're just trying to get this person over here hiding.

Now, I understand there is some sort of border already on bedrock, but it needs to be, not fixed but buffed in a sort of way. The border doesn't have any feature on moving whatsoever, I understand you can't build out to a certain point or build up but that doesn't stop people from building down or even just out even if there is a border they can just go as far as they can and just break the blocks which may not be far but it's still there. I believe it should be just like Java is, just simply moving and closing in so it's forcing everybody to move so that nobody is able to just camp.

Overall, great idea and would love to see this change for bedrock! +1 Once again, great idea and hope to see it added in the near future! Can't wait to see some more ideas! :)

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted May 15, 2020
    LarryTLlama likes this.
  10. There will be barrier blocks moving slowly and when cakes are gone it is very near your base and in the next 5 mins it will be in the centure

Posted May 17, 2020
    LarryTLlama likes this.
  11. This is because thy don't want you to go to the basic place they made the map

Posted May 17, 2020
  12. Thanks for the support from everyone above! Please still continue to vote above if you’re new! It also seems everyone likes cake, too!
    Thanks sooo much!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 22, 2020