• 1148 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8202 Players Online
  • 7054 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

_ItsMusic_'s Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by _ItsMusic_, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Heya Music!

It was such a pleasure reading more about you in your introduction! I know I recently spoke to you in regards to your experience so far on the Team, and it’s very reassuring to re-read that you’ve been enjoying it! I know you most likely don’t know me, but to quickly introduce myself, my name is Amg. I’m 19 years old and I’m from the United States! Like yourself, I have been playing on Mineplex for many years and I’ve had my fair share of breaks between the years as well. I also returned to the Server and Staff Team after COVID hit and I’m very glad that I found my way back! Since my return, I have rekindled friendships that I thought I lost when I left the server back in 2017. In addition to reconnecting with old friends, I have also met so many great, new friends as well!

Although I don’t play as much as I used to, I usually play Speed Builders, Survival Games or Nano. For the most part, I log on to moderate, handle reports, to chill and talk with friends/community members or simply to do other forms of work! (Such as the forums)

When I was in High School some sports that I played/participated included Football, Track, Basketball and Tennis. (In Track I ran the 800 and Mile) - I was also a part of the Student Council Committee my Senior Year and participated in several volunteer activities for my community. Some of my additional hobbies outside of Mineplex include working out, spending quality time with my friends/family, art, photography, watching Netflix, listening to music and of course, playing other video games!

I wish you the best on your college adventures! I’m currently enrolled as well, and I will say that it’s definitely a time in your life where you will figure out who you are and what you want to do! As of right now, I’m studying general studies and researching more in to potential major interest, but I find it super cool that you’re majoring in Bio!

It was again, such a pleasure to read more about you and I truly wish you the best of luck on your trial and college. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to me! :)

Posted Mar 19, 2021
    _ItsMusic_ likes this.
  2. Heya!

Thanks for taking the time to put this together! I've been on the staff team for more than six months now and similarly to you, I've spent many years on the network total. I took some breaks here and there over the years for a few different reasons, but have really enjoyed the past six or so years that I've been a part of the community here. You can typically find me playing Super Smash Mobs, Block Hunt, Cake Wars, Survival Games, Minestrike, and Dragon Escape, though I like to switch it up sometimes and play other games on the server as well. Prior to the pandemic, I was able to do certain extracurricular activities as well, some of those being cross-country running and basketball which I enjoyed doing, and I also play tennis and golf casually here and there. In my free time, a few of the things that I also enjoy doing are watching Netflix, taking my dogs for walks, spending time with family/friends, and of course playing Mineplex! I really enjoyed learning more about you in your introduction here and if you ever want to play some games or if you just want to chat then feel free to let me know!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Posted Mar 19, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 19, 2021
    _ItsMusic_ likes this.
  3. Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! I'll let you know if I ever need anything, thank again! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 19, 2021
  4. I have heard a lot about you, but no worries, nothing but good words! I'm glad you ended up finding your way back after COVID! Coming back after so long must've been really nice and nostalgic. I'm glad you were able to rekindle friendships from way back when!

You sound like you had a lot on your schedule when you were in high school! How did you even manage!? And how on earth do you run the 800 and the mile :o. Longest I ever ran was a 4x800 that I got thrown into last minute, you could never catch me willingly running longer than a 200. Those are all super cool hobbies and I wish I could get into some of them, although I know I wouldn't be the best at them haha. For instance, art I could never do because all I know how to draw are stick figures... call me Picasso.

I enjoyed learning more about you and I hope we see each other more! I really appreciate the reassurance for college because I'm super nervous for it haha. I definitely won't hesitate to reach out if I need anything, thank you again! :)

OP OP
    Amg likes this.
  5. Super cool! I bet time really flew when being on the staff team considering you've been on the team for over six months! I really wish I could do those two sports, but I'm terrible at both running and basketball. The highest mileage I ran timed was a 2-mile and it was for soccer preseason... not my own will. For basketball, I am on the shorter end for girls so unfortunately being a baller was just not in the cards for me. I also really enjoy watching netflix and I also like watching disney+ and all of the throwbacks! I enjoyed getting to know more about you, and maybe I'll see you in-game sometime! :)

OP OP
    ItsMqrk likes this.
  6. My heart literally sank, but thank goodness! I’m would say I’m pretty friendly and don’t bite so yeah. :)

Thank you & Yes, returning was very nerve wracking, yet so wholesome. I’m glad that I’ve returned, especially to the Staff Team!

Oh yeah...my schedule was very hectic! I also had Dual Credit College classes that I took as well, which was very time consuming. I honestly didn’t know I was a long distance runner until my coach had pushed me to run the mile/800. I can’t say that was a pro by any means, but I did manage to beat personal records by the end of my season. And LOL we love stick figures!!

I really appreciate the response as well, and I hope to see you around sometime! And don’t worry, college isn’t bad, it’s fun.

Posted Mar 19, 2021
    _ItsMusic_ likes this.
  7. Again, congratulations on Trainee! Seen you around a bit so glad to see you appear on the list. I also decided to come back to Mineplex due to the events of COVID and it was a great decision :D

Fun! I also love to play Speed Builders and Nano, really the only games I play unless I'm with friends haha

Interesting, I play basketball and HOPEFULLY gonna be playing football for my sophomore year, still working hard for that (love the suicides)

Anyways, nice to meet you! If you don't know me, I go by ItsFree or Free, I don't mind either, and I'm probably the most accurate typer you'll ever meet and I have the best music taste, so just keep that in mind!! Hope we can be friends later down the line as you seem like a great person!! :)

Posted Mar 19, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 19, 2021
    _ItsMusic_ likes this.
  8. Thank you so much! Glad we have common game interests! Maybe I'll see you in game somewhere! Maybe you can share some of your music with me! :) I also don't doubt that you're the best typer that Mineplex has ever seen. We should definitely talk more, you seem super nice! :)

P.S. - We have pretty similar names! Consider changing your ign to _ItsFree_? :)

OP OP
    ItsFree likes this.
  9. I don't usually reply to a lot of introduction posts, but I definitely enjoyed reading yours, I want to formally welcome you to the Staff Team, congratulations on Trainee!

I had a great few interactions with you yesterday, and I have already been seeing you do some great work on the Staff Team so I'm sure you'll get quite far and accomplish some amazing things while you are here. You're a pretty funny person (even if your skill in Bomb Lobbers is questionable) and I hope to be able to interact with you more and get to play a bit more as well! If you ever have any questions about anything, my DMs are always open, feel free to send me a message :)

Best of luck on your trial!

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    _ItsMusic_ likes this.
  10. Aye, thank you so much! Versing you in Bomb Lobbers was super fun (even though you really just got a lucky shot), and maybe I could 1v1 you to prove just how skillful I am at the game. I appreciate your offer and will definitely DM you if I need anything! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 20, 2021
    S1KH likes this.
  11. Hii!
    First and foremost as others have said, congratulations on becoming Trainee!

I think that it's really cool to see that you've picked up some extracurricular activities! In a time of uncertainty, it's nice to find things to keep us company so we can remain active and such. I've had the opportunity to film a few soccer games over the past couple of months, so it's nice to know/see someone who's interested in playing it!

I think that it's really cool that you're going into college to study biology/pre-physical therapy! These topics are super interesting to me as well, and I am sure that you're going to do amazing in them!!

On Mineplex, you'll mainly see me in Skywars/Survival Games! If you ever wanna play on there, just message me/send me a party invite!

-Dylan/iPod5

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    _ItsMusic_ likes this.
  12. Thank you so much! Yes, rejoining the Mineplex Community purely off of nostalgia was possibly the best decision ever. I've had the pleasure of meeting so many amazing people, and I feel like I've grown closer with the community. That is super cool that you have been recording soccer games, did you ever play any sports? If so, what were they?

I was always fascinated with how the body worked and how someone was able to heal from such severe accidents. I love that you find it also just as interesting!\

Thank you for the offer, and maybe I'll take you up on that offer soon :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 20, 2021
  13. Hey!

First of all congratulations on becoming a Trainee!! I used to be on the staff team and the Trainee trail was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. It was so much fun and I made so many new friends along with learning a lot. I'd like to make one more friend =). Plz feel free to add me as a friend, I am new to Mineplex Java but so far I really enjoy SkyWars, CakeWars, and Nano Games. As for real life, that's awesome that you got the opportunity to do some extracurricular activities. I am planning on doing soccer next year since this year it was difficult with COVID but I am glad you got to. Have a great rest of your day!!

~Degagelemming95

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    _ItsMusic_ likes this.
  14. Thank you so much! You are so sweet! I'm glad you decided to join the java scene and maybe I'll see you around sometime in game! I play NANO a lot so I'll probably see you soon! Don't be afraid to reach out to me because I'm always excited to meet new people! :)

I wish you the best of and I hope that you get to play soccer next year! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 21, 2021
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  15. Hey Music!

First of all, congrats on Trainee! I've been on the server since 2014 and I was a staff member from March - December 2020. I still remember the early days of being a Trainee when everything was so new and exciting, and the rest of your staff journey is on the horizon. I haven't encountered you before in the community, but it's obvious you're familiar with Mineplex and have been here for a while. I returned to the server in late 2019 and have been an active player since then. I was actually promoted to Trainee a week or so after lockdown began in Ireland due to Covid-19, so I had lots of free time to dedicate.

Outside of Mineplex, I think it's really cool that you volunteer at special needs community events. I'm in Transition Year of secondary school in Ireland, which is a year where we have fewer academic responsibilities and instead focus more on enjoying ourselves through other modules and activities. One of these is doing a few weeks of work experience locally. My brother has special needs so I was thinking of volunteering at his school, but unfortunately Covid has prevented giving that any further thought for the moment. I'm not a big soccer fan but I have done cross-country before, which is probably similar to running track. I'm not American so I'm not completely sure.

I have to make some important decisions at the moment in regards to subject choice, but I'm heading down the medical route with Biology and Chemistry. There are so many areas of medicine I'm interested in so I can't pinpoint anything, but I'd love to major in that field.

Thanks for letting us get to know some more about you through this introduction! Nano Games and Speed Builders are my two favourite games, so I'm bound to come across you soon. Best of luck on your trial and hopefully I'll see you around!

Posted Mar 21, 2021
    _ItsMusic_ likes this.
  16. Thank you so much! I've seen you around before and it's super cool that you served the community for so long!

I rarely hear of other people serving the special needs community so to hear you do as well is absolutely incredible! Just like you, I also have a sibling who has special needs so the special needs community has been something I've come to grown up with. There are a couple clubs and community events I've been involved in throughout my high school career, however, unfortunately my one is not running due to COVID as well. Luckily for me, however, the other one hosts community events and we get to do things such as drive-bys for the holidays or birthdays! I really hope that soon you will be able to volunteer at his school because that sounds like such an amazing opportunity and allow you to grow even closer to your brother if possible.

Personally, I believe that cross country is much more challenging than just simply running track because a track is a circle and flat ground whereas cross country is different terrain, uneven ground. etc. I was never a distance runner nor will I ever be so I consider anything over a mile extremely challenging.

I agree that I think the medical field is super interesting! Right now, I'm taking anatomy and learning about the body and how it functions is so intriguing. One interesting career I thought of, but ended not pursuing was a pharmacist so maybe you might be interested in that.

I really enjoyed learning more about you, especially considering we have a lot of similar interests! Hopefully I'll see you around in game and if I do, I'll send you a friendly hello! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 21, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  17. Hey there!

Congrats on becoming a Trainee! I probably won't see you around the server because I don't really play anymore, but I hang out on the forums from time to time. Outside of Mineplex, you seem like a cool person. Soccer is a great sport, I used to play it but when I got to high school, but I stopped because I wanted to focus on other things. It's good that you volunteer for community events. I'm actually in a program that is dedicated towards helping out with community events in my city, but sadly it's gonna be my last year doing it since it only goes up to 12th grade. Anyways, I'm starting college in the fall too, but unlike you, I'm undecided in what I want to major in. So good for you that you know what you wanna do already, bet that'll save you a lot of stress.

Um yeah, that's about all I have to say. Welcome back to Mineplex!

Posted Mar 23, 2021
    _ItsMusic_ likes this.
  18. Thank you! I like that you like to stay updated with Mineplex even if you're not active on the server! It's super cool that you're involved in a program dedicated to service above yourself, unfortunate, however, that it's only until your senior year. :(

Hopefully you find out what you want to do in college soon because once you do, it's like a weight is lifted off your shoulders! Super nice learning something about you, and I wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 24, 2021
    Name Tag likes this.