• 1697 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14440 Players Online
  • 12743 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

6 pending bedrock ban reports for over a day

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Hexprime07, Nov 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!

i was just posting cause i was concerned my 6 ban reports on various hackers have been ignored. Its been over a day now and no reviews just assigned as bedrock. Newsflash you dont need to be a bedrock staff too see someone flying. And you dont have to watch more than 2 minutes of video too catch 6 players hacking. 2 minutes is literally all it takes, maybe at least pretend to care about hackers on your server and deny them but dont ignore them. Where are the staff?

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  2. Hey there, most of our staff are mainly on the java edition. There are some that main bedrock edition, but not as many. Since they cannot moderate the server 24/7, and the fact that there are a lot more players than staff members, you cannot expect a staff member to be in every game you play. As for your reports not getting accepted, I recommend reading the reporting guide to make sure you fill out the report form correctly. Hope this helped!
    -Bob

Posted Nov 27, 2020
    xstr4fiingx likes this.
  3. Oh my reports almost always get accepted. The problem is no one has checked ban reports for over 2 days

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 27, 2020
    OrangeyCob likes this.
  4. When a Reports Patrol member is viewing unanswered reports, they see a list of them which includes every report at the time, with Bedrock tagged reports grouped together. With that said, there is no way of ignoring them. If it is consistently taking days for your reports to be answered, it may be something you can bring up with a RP mentor. You can find out who they are here: Mineplex Forums Hierarchy

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  5. I'm a Bedrock Reports Patrol moderator, thought I might chime in.
    Reports are marked as Bedrock by Java staff members as they cannot process Bedrock reports unless given explicit permission to. Just as how we cannot process Java reports as Bedrock staff without explicit permission. I can guarantee you that they aren't ignored, and we do try our best to do them when possible. But, you have to realize that this a volunteer position and as Look_Dan mentioned one your previous post, we aren't just solely dedicated to moderating and doing everything related to Mineplex 24/7. I'm sorry to hear that your reports haven't been answered for about a day, I'm actually about to get on those right now since the week is over and I have a bit of free time outside of schoolwork. But, personally, if I were to be given the option of doing reports, or prioritizing my academics, I can tell you right now I would be prioritizing my academics.

Unless you have our evidence, I don't really think it's fair to say that you just need 2 minutes to catch 6 people hacking. I have had instances of where it took over an hour and a half to process all of the Bedrock reports submitted in one day. Our job as Bedrock staff members isn't just to process reports, there's a lot more to being a staff member than that. Also, only Bedrock Report Patrol moderators can process your reports because we're trained in the procedure and everything we need to do.

I'm seeing a constant theme in all of your posts being that the staff do not care about hackers, which is simply untrue. In the past, you have even mentioned that we don't even play the game, which is not true. If you have data to back it up, that would be nice to show. I understand your viewpoint though, in a server of usually 10,000 concurrent players, it would be rare for an individual to see a staff member given the ratio of players to staff. Especially considering that there are way more than just 10,000 unique players who log on daily.
    Regarding the second point, we're not ignoring your report, again, this is a volunteer position. We're not paid to process reports, we volunteer our free-time to moderate a server we enjoy playing on to help the player experience. I know myself, and a couple of other Bedrock staff members are in their senior or College years. Which are very busy and for many of us seniors, it's a stressful time as College applications start to open up and close, while for others, College work can be time-consuming or demanding. Denying your report on the other hand without even reviewing the evidence, would only serve to paint a perspective that staff do not care, which is not true. If I were a player, I would rather have my report be looked at a later time, rather than ignored while a hacker runs rampant.
    Your reports are one of many that have to be processed, it's not as if your reports are the only reports in queue, there are reports both before or after yours that need to be processed or have already been processed. Reports are being processed, but only when we have time to do so. It takes time to do this, and this is a volunteer position that we do to help out the community. But, if you were to ask a staff member whether they would prioritize what's going on in their real life or Mineplex, I can guarantee you that they would choose what's going on in their real life.

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  6. Members of Reports Patrol are accepted based on the demand and amount of reports that are being submitted and it is the goal that reports are being accepted promptly, but it's also inefficient to oversaturate a team with members and given that a significant portion of our staff team are either busy or away this weekend celebrating Thanksgiving, it wouldn't make sense to recruit members onto Reports Patrol for this one weekend in the event that reports get backed up because generally they are kept on top of. Staff for the most part are either on Java or on Bedrock, meaning it's not as simple as just having people from Java handling the Bedrock reports because they don't have the Mod or Sr Mod rank on Bedrock. We simply ask that you be patient with us and they will get responded to as soon as someone is available, this is by no means Mineplex being deliberately negligent or ignoring your reports, this is just a time where staff are spending time with family and loved ones which is especially important in times like these.

Posted Nov 27, 2020
    xstr4fiingx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.