• 339 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5575 Players Online
  • 5236 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

2021 Map Submission Competition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dutty, Jan 2, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

Happy New Year!

Much like previous years, we're bringing back the Map Submissions Competition for 2021! For those who may have missed previous ones, here is the breakdown:

The competition will last from January 1st until January 31st - giving you a month. During this time, Map Submission processing will remain the same, however, maps which are ACCEPTED by the team are entered into the competition to win prizes! Every accepted map is an entry - so make as many maps as you'd like.

How will my maps be judged?
    There are 3 main criteria by which maps will be judged: Aesthetics, Gameplay and Effort. Effort refers to maps which are more time consuming / require more attention - for example, Micro Battles would score lower compared to larger maps such as the Bridges. You can, however, add surrounding details to maps which typically require less effort - be imaginative. In addition to this, Build Leads will be voting unanimously for categories unrelated to scoring.

The categories each map will be entered into are as follows:

- Highest Scoring Overall
    - Highest Scoring Aesthetics
    - Highest Scoring Effort
    - Highest Scoring Gameplay
    - Most Creative Theme
    - Most Unique Gameplay

Maps will only be entered / judged on these categories if it is accepted.

Prizes
    1st Place for Highest Overall Score only will receive an exclusive forum tag:
    [​IMG]

1st Place for Highest Overall Score only will receive an exclusive Diamond Sword Name:
    In development

1st Place only for each category will receive an exclusive in game title:
    [​IMG]

There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner for each category.

1st Place:
    • Forum Tag (Highest Overall only)
    • Diamond Sword Name (Highest Overall only)
    • In-Game Title
    • 5x Omega Chests
    • 3x XP Boost
    • 2x Gem Amplifier

2nd Place:
    • 3x Omega Chests
    • 2x XP Boost
    • 1x Gem Amplifier

3rd Place:
    • 2x Omega Chests
    • 1x XP Boost

Participation Prizes:
    Authors of each accepted map will receive:
    • 1x Illuminated Chests

Rules
    For those who are interested in participating in the competition, there are rules which we expect all participants to follow.

- Don't steal others' builds - We're not stupid. If you steal other people's builds, we will know. Any stolen builds will be treated the same way as Builder Applications, and will land you 2 Warning Points.
    - Build with as many people as you like! Be aware that teams larger than 4 authors will require a team name e.g. 'Mineplex Build Team', so in order to receive prizes, include individual authors in the additional information section on your map submission.
    - Don't rush your maps - Maps which are rushed are likely to be lower quality; take your time as it will ensure you're scoring higher in all of the categories!
    - Any map currently in testing, from the date this thread is posted, will be automatically eligible.
    - Make sure you follow the guidelines for every map you create: https://www.mineplex.com/forums/map-guidelines.44/

Winners of each prize will be announced after every map has been tested and accepted - No later than February 28th. Any map still in testing after February 28th will no longer be eligible for prizes.

Maps will go live the following update.

If you have any questions or concerns about this competition, feel free to leave them in the comments or PM @Intoxicating on the forums.

Good luck everybody!

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    powh, WowCaleb, pwess and 29 others like this.
  2. GOOD LUCK GUYS

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    affinity0 and Klobby like this.
  3. This sounds fun and I would like to participate. Is this for Bedrock or Java?

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    Ryan9116 and Bob16077777 like this.
  4. I think it’s for java because of the prizes (they are all things that are only on java) but as far as I know you can submit a bedrock map as well. (Someone please correct me if I’m wrong)

Posted Jan 2, 2021
  5. Oh okay, but since I am a bedrock player I would like to be able to play my own map if I get submitted.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    Ryan9116 and Bob16077777 like this.
  6. Most bedrock maps were ported over from java, but if a bedrock map were made it could probably either be used only on bedrock or maybe ported over to java.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
  7. Good Luck everyone!

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    Ryan9116, yvuggu and bluetiebacca like this.
  8. Best of luck to all those who enter! :)

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    DrNeptunex, bluetiebacca and Ian923 like this.
  9. I do not have the skills or time it takes to build a map. I’ve never built a map in my life but I wish the best of luck to everyone who enters.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    bluetiebacca likes this.
  10. Good luck to everyone entering! Cant wait to see what is submitted. <3

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    bluetiebacca likes this.
  11. To everyone that decides to enter—best of luck! :)

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    bluetiebacca likes this.
  12. this will be fun!

Posted Jan 2, 2021
  13. [​IMG]

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    mathuu, Mappable, rilau and 3 others like this.
  14. [​IMG]

Posted Jan 2, 2021
  15. Java only, we don't accept Bedrock maps at the moment c:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 2, 2021
  16. good luck to everyone who enters!!

Posted Jan 2, 2021
  17. Good luck everyone! I’m excited to see the entries this year!!

Posted Jan 2, 2021
  18. This is an amazing idea, can't wait to see what the maps will be and who wins. Best of luck to everyone!

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    Mappable likes this.
  19. This seems like a really fun competition. Best of luck to everyone who enters! I'm sure a lot of the maps are going to be amazing!

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    Ryan9116 and Mappable like this.
  20. Good luck everyone!

Posted Jan 2, 2021