• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3236 Players Online
  • 3236 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

2 Years of art!

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by mitisel, Nov 22, 2022.

1. I started in 11-22-20! I practiced vector art wich, didn't end well, in 1 year and a half nothing changed....
    Now it's 11-22-22 I make pixel art, and practiced with normal drawing for three months.
    My first post was on reddit, 20-6-21
    My first post on mineplex was in 25-5-22!
    Well actually, i started making art 7 years ago, but those years don't matter at all becuz i was just sooo bad.
    That was just half a year ago! ( ̄▽ ̄)
    I like how this turned out!
    [​IMG]
    Here's the process!
    Reference scene & reference
    [​IMG]
    Reference
    [​IMG]
    Reference's scene
    [​IMG]
    Sketch ^_^
    [​IMG]
    No editing, end result. \^o^/

Posted Nov 22, 2022,
    Last edited Nov 23, 2022
    Widestsinger and CatFan105 like this.
  2. First of all congrats on your 2 year milestone! That's a really long time to be doing one specific thing. I remember by first art post here on the forums, and I think that was in November of 2020, so two years for me too :]

Second, this most recent piece is awesome! I love the lighting in your art so much, pixel or not. Its also really interesting to see your process and how you map out your shapes and the lighting and everything. Thank you for sharing!

Posted Nov 22, 2022
    mitisel likes this.
  3. You've come a long way! You should show us your first thing from 2020 for comparison, if you want to.

Posted Nov 22, 2022
  4. Ok! Ill post it soon.

Coincidence?

Here it is! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 22, 2022,
    Last edited by a Moderator Nov 22, 2022
    Widestsinger and BlazeFire like this.
  5. Top, bottom, or both?

Posted Nov 22, 2022
    Widestsinger likes this.
  6. I can barely even draw and you are so good at it in only 2 years.

Posted Nov 22, 2022
  7. I can draw.. however I rely on my mood since if I don't feel like it, it will turn out ugly. But seeing your improvements over the past 2 years are really intimidating.

(translation: you are more committed than I am, congrats! )

Posted Nov 23, 2022
  8. Congrats on your two years, that's amazing! Your second-anniversary picture looks awesome, and it's inspiring seeing how you improved over the period. Congratulations again and keep working.

Posted Nov 23, 2022
  9. Top is old, and new is down, I made it in 5 minutes so don't ask why is it not that good.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 23, 2022
  10. I never said it wasn't. In fact, I beg to differ.

Posted Nov 23, 2022
  11. Hey Mitisel! Huge congratulations on reaching your two year milestone! As Arrow said in his post above, that certainly is a long time to be doing something, especially if it's art. I've been doing art for 10 years or so and with each piece I work on, it's a time consuming and sometimes a tedious process. To be doing it for two years straight, I commend you as an artist because at times art can become frustrating lol.

I really like what you've done here for this piece! Not only did you show the reference, but it also looks like you've included the progress, which is something I always enjoy seeing from an artist. For me, when I look at a finished product, I often think about the measures the artist went through and making that piece, so seeing some type of documented progress is just wonderful! This looks amazing, great work! Keep up the work and of course, as always, I hope to see more art from you moving forward. :D

Posted Nov 23, 2022
  12. Thank you!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 23, 2022
    Amg likes this.