• 1398 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5598 Players Online
  • 4200 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion 2 suggestions for Mineplex

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf, Apr 7, 2019.

?

How many of suggestions do you agree with

1. 2

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. 1

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. 0

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. The Auto-Translator one (added in April 10th)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Custom team names for cakewars (also added in April 10th)

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 1. Allow some auto translate, so if someone speaks in a foreign language, you can understand the person and communicate with the person. This may already be done.
    2. Add custom team names for the teams in cake wars.
    You can do patterns, like names of fruit:
    Red - Strawberry
    Yellow - Lemon/Banana
    Blue - Blueberries
    Green - Pears.

They can also be random like
    Red - Bricks
    Yellow - Sun
    Blue - River
    Green - Grass

If it has pattern or no pattern, its optional for the devs but just add custom names.

Posted Apr 7, 2019
  2. I agree with custom team names, but I don’t think mineplex has the ability to make an auto translate. (Correct me if I’m wrong)
    --- Post updated ---
    Plus mineplex is mostly based in North America anyway

Posted Apr 7, 2019
  3. I feel like the custom names might be too hard to match who is who, but otherwise it's all good idea

Posted Apr 7, 2019
  4. Hello!

These are definitely interesting ideas, and I understand where you are coming with your reasoning behind your ideas. First off, I believe the addition, if possible, of a chat translator on Mineplex could become 'spammy' as there is no way to foresee how many players will chat in different languages at a given time. Moreover, even if there was a way to disable this feature, I don't believe it is a prominent enough issue to allocate development time to.

Next, although I understand your point of view with adding custom names to Cake Wars, I am on the fence since I do not see any pros or cons with the addition. Although, if they were to be added, I think it would be best for the teams to be reminiscent of the Survival Games Teams (Squid, for example).

To conclude, I disagree with the addition of an Auto-Translator to Mineplex, as I foresee it to cause spam to players, and that it is not a large issue, to begin with. Furthermore, I am neutral on the alteration of the Cake Wars team names, as it presents no pros or cons, but is not a high priority change.

Posted Apr 7, 2019
  5. Hey there!

I appreciate you spending time and effort into providing suggestions for Mineplex! These are some interesting ideas, and I can definitely relate where you're coming with your reasons. I'll give my thoughts on each of your suggestions.

First off, I'm not sure if an auto-translator would be an effective way to resolve language issues; in fact, I'm not sure if this idea is realistic since it is a very complicated thing to develop. So, as Evence stated, I don't think this is a big enough issue to dedicate developers' time into a very complex project.

As for the naming of teams in Cake Wars, I suppose it will fit well with the theme of food (it's called Cake Wars after all). Since it is a very minor change, however, I'm going to remain neutral on this idea.

Posted Apr 7, 2019
  6. From what I've been told about different language compatibility on Mineplex, I don't think it's possible with the current code base. Mineplex wasn't developed with multiple languages in mind, so making something like that might be difficult (possible I'm sure, but if that's true, it would take up quite a few developer resources). However, I vaguely remember there being an update to the chat "system" per se, so maybe this type of thing is possible now? Not really sure. If it can be done, though, solid +1.

As for the custom team names, it honestly seems like an over-complication of a simple system. I've never felt the desire to change my team name or color just for aesthetic purposes. I might be in the minority in that regard, though. So while I don't particularly see the need for it, I'm also not vehemently opposed to it. ±0.

Posted Apr 7, 2019
  7. Yeah, its not important, but it would be nice if this was added

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 8, 2019
  8. I like the idea of the fruit names in Cake Wars. It really fits the food theme!

I think the auto-translate wouldn't be a great idea. Some things in other languages might mean something simple and fine in that language but not so good in English
    Some things have a different meaning behind it, like a few German words.

Posted Apr 9, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  9. Personally I liked the idea of fruit names like some others did. I think the names blend in with the game and make it more fun and interesting when playing cakewars.

Posted Apr 10, 2019
  10. I don't think an auto translator is physically possible on Mineplex. As for team names, I like food names, however I'm pretty sure team names were only added in some games because they repeat the color, so I'm indifferent on this given other games with 4 teams don't have team names.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  11. Well I like your idea of fruit names.I dont think auto translator is possible but it would be nice to be able to set server’s language like on most popular server and some others.
    +1 for Fruit names
    -1 for Auto Translator

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  12. Ah, I forgot to talk about auto translator. Auto translator wouldn't be helpful because people could use it to filter bypass or curse in other languages. It also seems impossible to implement.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  13. I really like the idea of fruit team names xD that’s really cute. Then it would be flavored cake like strawberry cake

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  14. Uh I’m not exactly familiar with “auto-translators”, but if you’re referring to basically translating in-game stuff into other languages, that’s not possible, or at least it isn’t on Java. Though, Labymod has an add-on mod associated to Google Translate that allows you to translate chat messages into English by pressing on this [T] command in chat.

I’m not sure about Bedrock though. Given all the decisions that Microsoft makes, I doubt it’s even doable, though our Translations Team translates for Bedrock specifically. Maybe having a Bedrock mod similar to Labymod on Java could be what you’re looking for.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  15. I don't really believe that's needed. Atm, the bedrock platform is translated for people who are not able to speak english at all / poorly speak it. It is unlikely that these people will need an autotranslation system for chat, if they want to understand what's going on they can just use google translate. I'm pretty sure english is the main language of Mineplex as a whole (it's stated somewhere in the tos afaik), so player chat translations don't look that important. As cora said, some mods on java have an in built feature to translate strings of text. I guess if you play bedrock you would have to be patient, a mod like that might be in development!

This isn't really a big change really, but I don't see a purpose either. I guess colour names are a bit boring? Anyway, I'm neutral towards this change as I don't believe it will bring much to anything.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  16. Aside from the possibility of actually implementing an auto-translate feature, we couldn't ensure it would be completely accurate. Google Translate is notorious for slightly incorrect translations, as not everything in one language can be converted into another easily.

Posted Apr 30, 2019
  17. Hello there,

The translation idea seems quite interesting and honestly, I would enjoy talking other players who may not share a common language with me. However, I do see some sort of misunderstanding appearing in this sort of scenario which could unintentionally cause problems especially with the uneffectiveness of translations these days (like Google Translate as @ssnip mentioned). Although, I do see the possibility of a translation feature coming if Microsoft themselves develop some sort of translation feature within the game itself.

Secondly, the team naming ideas seem unique but I don't fully see how they would work yet. If you could give more insight on how that would work would be great. Would this work on all public servers or would they only work on private, player-made servers? I'm interested in learning more.

Posted May 1, 2019