• 367 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2946 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

1v1s in ssm

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Diemolis, Feb 10, 2020.

?

I generally agree with this post's content

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. I think SSM should have 1v1s. I realize I am the first person to make a thread about this. However it seems like something the community wants. It also seems like a lot of fun. Most maps would work for 1v1s but if it was deemed necessary new ones could be added (maybe smaller). Perhaps a ban system for kits could be used in certain matches. 1v1s seem like they would be a great alternative to the typical 1v1v1v1 where events which are essentially random can heavily dictate the outcome of a game. so what do you say community?

Posted Feb 10, 2020
  2. Wrong. The idea was also rejected by the mods.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    matrixyst likes this.
  3. What was their reason for rejecting the idea?
    Mods also rejected gem to shard trades because it violated eula and look where we are now.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
  4. The one reasonable argument I remember is that it'd split the community into multiple gamemodes, when there are already not too many players. There were a couple other pretty stupid arguments but I don't remember what they were.
    As for the suggestion itself, I agree, but solos would probably need to be removed for it to work.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
  5. Maybe they could rework solos so its still 4 players but its split into groups of 2 and the winner of each 1v1 has their own 1v1 and the winner of that wins the game.

Im not sure though I have mixed opinions on this.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  6. Would take more players to start so I'd prefer just a normal 1v1 but it could also work

Posted Feb 11, 2020
  7. Well one thing i got from a mod was that it would be to many servers so this is just an alternate solution.

Also maybe we can do a voting mechanism if enough people want to keep the old ssm solo mode and then it wont split the community.

Posted Feb 11, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 11, 2020
  8. I am also unsure about how rank joining would work. It may have to be disabled since an even number of players will be required

Posted Feb 11, 2020
  9. Pretty odd issue for the server to have as it used to handle up to ~30 times the amount of players it has nowadays.... But if that would be their solution then that's fine by me, basically the same but takes more players to start, definitely still better than what we have now.

Just thought of another issue while writing the previous part, that if the 2 other players want they can stall out the game to annoy the player that won the other 1v1... I wonder if that was an issue with gladiators, didn't really play it.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
  10. We can have a time limit to fix that problem.
    Then the person with more lives will win if it reaches the time limit. If they both have lives, the person who won the other 1v1 will win the game. This will discourage players from stalling as it will mean they both lose the game.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
  11. Would then encourage stalling after you take one stock (i.e spider killing you once then running the entire game to win), might be the best solution still but not without its problems.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
  12. You can make it so that if someone hasnt been killed in a certain amount of time the game will kill the player who has taken the most amount of damage and done the least.

Posted Feb 11, 2020
  13. Won't necessarily target the person stalling though- with spider against something like bone horse it could keep running away while still being able to hit it with needler and webs, meanwhile shorse can't really hit him with anything from a distance; making spider the one who deals the most damage and killing the other player instead. Again, might be better than nothing but it's rare to find a solution to something in this game without it introducing new issues.
    Honestly though I'm describing an issue that already exists in this game, being food stalling, will just add to that problem and make it easier to abuse. But in the end, what needs to be changed are the kits themselves, or the hunger system to fix this issue.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  14. I feel like this thread wasn't really planned well and you just threw the idea out there. Doing this means that it's hard for people who are interested in the idea to grasp your entire concept. Also, you can 1v1 people in MPS'. Overall, I feel like this idea isn't needed. -1

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  15. You can make it like one of those games where the map gets smaller.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  16. Would buff melee kits while nerfing long-range and hit-and-run kits, but yeah that might work and has been talked about previously regarding solos as a replacement for smash crystals.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  17. I don't really think that it's necessary to add 1v1 in SSM when we already can do it in an MPS, and that's probably the reason why we have MPS so that we can play some games with a few players and not 20+. It's a waste of servers to have one server for one 1v1 game in my opinion.

So yeah, that's why I disagree on this. I'll give it a -1

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  18. i've suggested a 1v1 gamemode with elo and LBs and crystals disabled in the past, would be pretty fun imo but something "not enough dev time" something something

Posted Feb 12, 2020
    Mitchy and Kenshin_William like this.
  19. What range kits are you talking about in particular because i know how to play close range with them.

Posted Feb 12, 2020
  20. Zombie, Skeleton, Sheep for ranged kits. Yes they can play close ranged quite effectively as well (particularly bow kits) but one of their major strengths is their long range capabilities, a good player will know how to use both.

Posted Feb 12, 2020