• 813 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12502 Players Online
  • 11689 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented :(

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by mab8400, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bring back sneaky assassins this was such a fun game...

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    Xukuwu, SpyNinja__, JAKE/// and 4 others like this.
  2. :(

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    anna dot likes this.
  3. :(

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    anna dot likes this.
  4. :(

Posted Nov 9, 2020
  5. You do realize the game was never deleted.......

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  6. You do realize the game was removed from the Minigames queue.....

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    nico likes this.
  7. You do realize that is not true, you can still queue for it.....

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
    • General Rudeness
    I don't think you're literate. I said it was removed from the minigames queue, not that you can't queue for it.

Posted Nov 9, 2020
  8. You do realize I don’t even know what this game is...

Posted Nov 9, 2020
  9. Hi roo. Never heard of that game unless it was the game where the villagers throw around their sacs.

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    Roody likes this.
  10. Hi mew, that's exactly what it is

Posted Nov 9, 2020
  11. it was removed from public play entirely

-snip-

I would argue that this is the case for a decent amount of games in mixed arcade. Games where you only have 1 life (and then you spectate) are usually called "lobby killers". The most prevalent one from my experience has to be Dragon Escape; the game Runner probably a close second, maybe Snake too. Team games or games where you can respawn are easy to keep players for the next rotated game because you have to stay the entire game in order to win, which gives an incentive to stay. For example, Wither Assault is a very unpopular game that I've heard a lot of people say they don't like. However, since there are two teams, and you can revive other players, the majority of players will stay to play. Sneaky Assassins was followed by a "lobby killer" aka snake which people incessantly complain about because of the falling off sheep bug and lag problems. People get upset and leave because they think it's a crappy game when in reality it's not something to do with the game itself. The real solution from my perspective would be to change the entire rotation of Mixed Arcade so that there are no consecutive "lobby killers" in the mix. Sneaky assassins is in the middle of two games that fall under that category. Instead, my proposal would be something like this: Turf Wars -> Snake -> Bomb Lobbers -> Runner -> Micro Battles -> Sneaky Assassins -> etc. The pattern is probably clear enough and could be somehow coded where A= TF, SQ, MB, etc and B=SN, DE, BB, etc. I understand that there are more of the 1 and done games than team games, but I would still try this method and see how it works regardless.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 9, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Nov 10, 2020
    WowCaleb and anna dot like this.
  12. No it was not, you can queue for it right now...

Posted Nov 9, 2020
  13. [​IMG]

Posted Nov 9, 2020
  14. Try doing /sv SA-1 etc. It doesn't work because there aren't any servers for it. This is a long-term issue that affects SA, MTC, WA, and one other I forgot.

It's also bugged and no longer appears in the Mixed Arcade rotation as of a month or so ago. It hasn't been intentionally removed from the server, it just stopped appearing for whatever reason. This is the reason why it doesn't appear in the Mixed Arcade GUI either, as shown by Anna above.

Both of these issues are known by QA so there's little we can do now except for wait for it to be fixed, unfortunately.

Posted Nov 9, 2020
  15. Squid Shooter <3

Luv have you even tried? Please stop spreading misinformation. As Xuk stated, WA, SA, MTC, and SQSH all are not queueable and do not have their own lobbies. Around a month ago, WA, SA, and MTC got removed from the MIN rotation due to a bug and when they were brought back, SQSH was brought back instead of SA. They removed SQSH but SA was never brought back. Please stop being so belligerent.

@mab8400 SA is the biggest lobby killer in MIN due to inexperienced players pretending to be villagers for extended periods of time. As a person who snipes WA, me and many of the other WA players have all expressed our frustration about SA killing lobbies.

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    RainbowUnicornGM and Xukuwu like this.
  16. Well I'm so sorry that I haven't played Mixed Arcade in awhile, and was not aware of the games deletion, but I would likely to kindly ask you to not go spreading misinformation about me, sound good. Thank you for your understanding :) :) :) <3

Posted Nov 9, 2020
  17. i dont really see how pretending to be a villager has anything to do with why it would kill lobbies and there doesn't seem to be any evidence to back up that claim. I think one of the biggest culprits is the fact that new players by default have the return to hub pref on. If that wasn't the case people wouldnt just leave the game (and other 1 life games) instantly. If pretending to be a villager is a reason for killing lobbies, I would think that Monster Maze would be the worst possible one, since games last for 30+ rounds when you consider many players who are grinding super hard for wins in that game. People are impatient, as I am. Again, if you read my explanation I think it is safe to assume that team games, like the one you mentioned (Wither Assault), are much easier to maintain due to the revival aspect. Wither assault is a broken gamemode because of the infinite revival tactic so I wouldv'e thought that game would've been removed or edited somewhat. but that's a different discussion... anyways, like Xukuwu said it wasn't intentional unless someone is lying and they did it on purpose to favor WA players. I know several players who joined these lobbies on a normal basis so I don't see why that would be less important than wither assaults community either

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 9, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  18. Hey,

Sneaky Assassins was intended to be brought back when WA and MTC were brought back as well, but unfortunately something messed up and it wasn't. Knowing that it was supposed to come back, I will be marking this thread as Processed (as it'll be added back eventually) as well as locking it.

Thanks for sharing your idea!

Thread Locked >> Idea Processed

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    shipsahoy and anna dot like this.
  19. Sneaky Assassins should now be correctly back in the rotation.

Implemented

Posted Nov 12, 2020
    Orangey, mab8400, shipsahoy and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.