• 901 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9026 Players Online
  • 8125 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

100+ ping users

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by Blazette, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Am I the only one that struggles against people with 100 ping? They would constantly hit me in abnormal ways, take delayed KB, and never miss even tho they are lagging. I don't understand why having high ping is an advantage in this game, I wish I could suggest a way for it to be fixed but i know none. But has anyone encountered this?

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    BINGUSLOVER27, UCYT5040 and jis like this.
  2. how can you be a user of 100+ ping?

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  3. not every lagger has skill

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  4. Low ping is an advantage too

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  5. It depends on how good you are honestly. I'm a high ping player and I know the advantages I have, but I also have to deal with a very bad hit register, delayed fishing rod and delayed basically everything. I've played in other servers where I have 5-10ms and believe me that overall low ping is better than high ping.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    venez. likes this.
  6. Dude you should play bedrock, majority of players lag that bad that I genuinely believe they're playing in the middle of a desert or something. Don't even get me started on the mobile players that lag and the mass amount of them that do

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  7. Not really but its the 50 ping immortals who act like they have high ping which is supposed to be the reason why they take 0 kb.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    90zr and Blazette like this.
  8. High ping has its advantages and disadvantages. Simply put, they’re at an advantage because they take delayed kb depending on how high their ping is, making the harder to combo. The downside of it is that their hits take longer to register so it also makes fighting fairly harder for the higher ping players.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    AlphaCringe1 likes this.
  9. I’d say it’s fairly typical. Not everyone has incredible internet and not everyone is based in the United States. Usually people with over 130 ms are EU and 180+ is typically more of Asia, and 350+ is usually AU, that is how I’ve always seen it anyways. There’s no real way to fix this other than having servers for each respected community (EU/AU/US) but this isn’t a thing anymore and was done away with in the past, unfortunately.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  10. My main issue is getting in, i might win the hit trade but it doesn't matter if they don't take kb and I'm being pushed back immediately from unorthodox angles (SSM mainly cause double jump is a factor, a lot of the time I can be over head and they still hit me while looking straight, very nice) does anyone have tips on how to fight against 100 -140ms players? Would be really helpful cause so far only thing I can do is run away and bow at them

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2021
  11. Hello!

Ping is not something people can really fix due to it depending on where the user lives in correlation to where the server is hosted. For example: the EU players using the EU Mineplex server would have less ping than if they went on the US Mineplex server (disregarding the fact that the EU Mineplex server has been discontinued). Having high ping does have advantages and disadvantages like Vanquishings mentioned earlier; it really just depends on how well the player adjusts to high or fluctuating ping. If you want to combat high ping players, I suggest trying to get the first hit.

Thank You!
    TigerGoesGrr

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  12. Unfortunately, everyone experiences a different amount of ping based on their location. Either you are closer to the server or father away. Sometimes you can have a really good internet provider with ethernet and still get terrible ping.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  13. Yeah, happens to me sometimes. But, I honestly try to predict their hits and see where they go. It sometimes work and sometimes don’t. But I usually get 10-20 ms on the server so I’m vibin.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  14. Just butterfly click, I guess. If they don't move, then take a page from their books and just stop moving too. 15+ CPS reduces your knockback, because there are extra attack packages being registered with each hit. Usually you only get one attack package per hit, and that will reduce your KB by ~30% (if I remember correctly). With that in mind, if you butterfly click and your mouse doubleclicks when you fight, you get an extra attack package within each hit. In other words, you take about ~60% reduced KB. All in all, you're basically KB modding, but without the mods. Trust me, it's also really funny getting accused all the time. Any time you hit and you notice that small moment where your sprint breaks, look at that as a way to see if you're going to move at all or not. If you're clicking so fast that your sprint breaks to the point where you're practically walking, you won't move an inch; you'll be moving like all the sweaty CW cheaters. If you notice that your sprint isn't breaking all that much, you'll move like the nine-year-old kid who's been hit off their bridge that they spent twenty minutes building. Just note that in order to reduce your KB, you actually need to connect hits on the opposing player for you not to move; you'll take perfectly normal KB if you don't get any hits in.

(Apologies if I got anything wrong in my explanation for why CPS reduces KB; I was going entirely off of memory, and it might be a bit fuzzy because I haven't really "studied" it in a good while).

Posted Apr 20, 2021
    mattnicholas9 likes this.
  15. that's some cool technical hack for low ping.. something similar happened earlier in the day.. had my first game on mineplex and realized that ping is damn bad for some reason.. my usual CPS is barely 10... is it absolutely necessary to go above 15? coz that's kinda hard to do manually.. I don't wanna get banned lol.

Posted May 7, 2021
  16. Slightly off-topic, but I'm just here to improve your explanation a bit.

Whenever you try to attack a player, the client (you) sends an 'attack packet' to the server. Attack packets immediately multiply your horizontal (not up/down) velocity by 60%. So, each attack reduces your knockback by 60%.

It doesn't matter if you attack them while they're flashing red and immune to damage - your knockback is reduced anyway.

NOTE: This is a slightly edited version of ItsNotTene's post over on the badlion forums

When you left click in minecraft the client sends an arm animation packet. An arm animation is essentially a swing so that is what I will refer to it as from now on. All you need to know now is that left clicking = swing packets.

A swing packet will also send an attack packet if the target is less than 3 blocks away (in survival). So when you swing and hit somebody in minecraft, you send both a swing packet and an attack packet. However, that's not all of what occurs. Attack packets immediately multiply your horizontal (not up/down) velocity by 0.6.

This is ALL velocity, including your forward momentum AND the knockback you're taking from your opponent hitting you back. This is exactly how straightline locks occur - both players are unable to hit each other out of it because they are both taking almost no knockback.

People may say that "well minecraft hit cooldown is at 500ms so therefore clicking faster is not going to do anything to reduce knockback more" but that is simply untrue because the knockback reduction comes from the attack packet (many of which can be sent during hit cooldown) and not the cooldown itself. Therefore clicking 10 CPS (and landing every hit every tick) will reduce your knockback 60% every time you click them. 1 CPS with 100% accuracy = 60% knockback. 2 CPS with 100% accuracy = 36% knockback. 6 CPS with 100% accuracy = 0.4% knockback… and it goes on and on.

CPS directly affects knockback.

also danese, notice how this depends on ticks? maybe the same is for other packets o_0

Posted May 7, 2021
  17. I'd say high pingers do have an advantage and are hard to attack, as well as attacking me in abnormal ways.

Posted May 7, 2021
  18. Before I get into writing a reply on this topic, you should know that I am European and that I average around 130-150 ping.
    Having said that, I am aware that some players have already mentioned this in their replies above, however, I wanted to express my opinion on the matter as well.
    I usually fight people that have very low ping (20-40) and they often say that I am lagging and that they are losing fights due to that.
    To some point, they are accurate, having high ping can be an advantage if you are used to it, however, the same logic applies to low ping as well.
    If you have been having over 100 ping your entire life, you are most likely already used to the bow, rod and hit delay and are able to utilize those factors in a fight and use them to your advantage.
    If you have been having low ping your entire life, you probably know that your rods, bow shots and hit registration are clean and smooth which is not and never will be one of the benefits that high ping players have.
    In the end, every party involved believes that the grass is greener on the other side but as we all know, that simply is not the case.

Posted May 7, 2021
  19. Hi!

From my personal experience, that's definitely an issue. Either I'll take a dozen hits, or they will.

Sometimes my ping is 100+ because I have a download going.

But, my favorite thing is seeing a ping of -2 billion (specifically -(2^31) lol)

Posted May 7, 2021
  20. Another problem I see is people with 200 ping but aren't freezing or anything, just playing normal while still landing these suspicious hits. If your ping is passed 100 shouldn't you be freezing a bunch?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 8, 2021